Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1205147 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2014, 12:26:22 am »

((...I don't have eyebrows. Whatever.))
Transform the throne's legs (-1) Into wheels of gold.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2014, 02:33:41 am »

"Perhaps, it's time to kill someone... But my magic raises concern."

In the last attempt to fiddle with magic, I try to summon a shadow cloak for myself.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2014, 07:12:05 am »

Waiting for 4maskwolf to post.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2014, 08:35:26 am »

Waiting for the map to be posted

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2014, 12:34:28 pm »

Waiting for the map to be posted

It did not change anything within walking distance from you (and most others), so I planned to insert in in next turn, but here it is.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2014, 12:47:41 pm »

((What kind of terrain am I standing in? Also, is that empty space or void bordering the snow?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2014, 12:52:43 pm »

((What kind of terrain am I standing in? Also, is that empty space or void bordering the snow?))

You know Starcraft? You are standing in zerg-ish grass. It may or may not try to eat you. Stars are empty space, whole map is surounded by it, you can push people off the map so that they would fall to their doom. Also, that is not snow.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2014, 01:02:08 pm »

enter the castle and blast (Kirby?  The one who is the pink dot) with a fireball.  Ranged and summon -2.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2014, 01:06:13 pm »

((Not snow? What is it, a field of cocaine? Because I can work with that. Also, really want to get out of the zerg grass, but I'm afraid it reacts to movement.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2014, 06:32:19 pm »

Turn 7
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Try again to grow healing fruit!

CMP [4]
POT [4]

Isaac once again tried to grow the elusive medical plant that bore healing fruit. He wove the spell with skill and power, his magic bore into the ground, and outwards bursted a small tree, all entirely green, with a single pink fruit.

MOAR POWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMP [1]
POT [3+2]
LUCK [2]

David, angered by his recent failures, lashed out with another spell. His anger fuelled the power, but clouded his mind. Once again, David found the horizon rising as the pit in which he stood gained depth. Dirt walls around him reached almost three meters in height now. "Well this can't get any worse" David exclaimed, and right after his words, brittle dirt that formed the walls around him collapsed inwards, trapping David up to his waist.

((Powerful mages don't go to different dimensions, they bring the dimension to them. Not sure if that was beneficial or not, though.))

Aether sense my new surroundings for anything interesting.

CMP [3+1]
POT [6+1]
LUCK [9]

Jase, faced with unknown and alien landscape, chose to examine his surrounding without any quick moves, as not to anger leathery grass that grew under his feet. He focused search spell, and was almost overwhelmed by the amount of information that washed over him. The spell informed him of every blade of grass and every particle of dirt that surrounded him. Jase barely managed to cut the spell before it caused permanent damage. As mage was recovering from information influx, he heard a echoing voice from behind.

W͟e̵͢ ̷w͟͢͞e̵r̸̕e̵ ̀̀͡c̴a̧͏p̛͏t͜͠u͢͜͢r̴̕e͟d̵҉ ͜͏b͠͠y̢͏ ̨̢҉Ą̴͜r̶͜͡c͞͡h̶͏m̨̕a̧͢g̶̷e͘͞ ͢T͝҉h́͠o̧̢l͏҉̢m̸̶i̵҉us ̢͘͡a҉̛n͢͏d̀͘ ̢͘i̴̴̕m҉p̕r̵̕ì̀so͝͡n͡͡ęd͞ ̧h̛͝e͡re̵,̧̧ ҉t҉̛o̷͜҉ ͢p̛r̡̨͡o҉̕͟v̨҉į̀͠de̕͜ ̸c͘͏h̴a̕͠l̴e͘n͘͘ǵ͜e ͞҉ţ̡͜ó ̛̀͢t͡͠͝h͠ơ̴s̸͞e th̢̡a̴͜͝t ̵́w͏͏óùĺ̴͝d̵ ̵co̧͜͡m͢ȩ͟. ҉͟B̵y̴̢͡ ̵̕͠d̡̧e̷͢st̶r҉̛o̢̧̡yi̡ng ̧̀͝ţ͟h̷͘e̢͞ ͜͢p̸̨ļ͞a̴̷na̸͜͢r ̨͞s̕h̛̕i̶̴f̨t̴e͏r̷,̡҉ ̛yo̵͏̕ư͝ ͏̷҉h̨̀à͟v͡e̵ ̧͜d́es͏͘t̀r̷̡͠oy҉e͘͝d̴ ̸̨̕ou̴̸r͠ ͞p̡͠r̸͜į͡s̡̀ò̀n̛҉͟ ̵͠a҉̛ǹ̷d̵ ̶͝fr҉͡ę͢҉è̕d̴ ̴̧ù̶̵ş̷.̧̀ ̵̕F͜͞o̵r͟ ̷̴͜t̡hi͠s͏, ̴҉w̢̧e̶̢͝ t͘͝ha̵ǹ̨͜k͢͠ ̴̀y͟͞óu̕.

As Jase turns around, he is greeted by three humanoid figures, slightly over 2m tall, looking like lean cthulhu's in robes. They stretched out their hands forward, and aethermancer is overcome with visions of mysterious magical powers that were used to make this plane. After Jase woke up, the cthulhu trio were gone, and Jase remembered new spells, he had never known before.
(Summoning affinity gained)

Tentatively put a shard into the altar, to see what happens.

LUCK [4]

Leo inserted one of his soul shards into the magma altar and stepped back as magma formed in a small vulpine being. The creature looked at Leo intensely; scanning him with what would had been eyes on a flesh being. Just as silence was becoming uncomfortable, the fox being spoke to Leo.

I am the spirit of this temple, and I sense your atunment to the flame. My worshipers all disappeared, and I was left alone and powerless. But you have found my temple, you have raised me from my slumber, and I have judged you worthy of becoming my prophet in this land. I sense combat in your plans, so I shall help you. Though a single worshiper is not enough to sate my hunger, before you bring my voice to heathens I shall require extra sustenance, I desire souls to devour. But you need not fear, for my subjects are safe from my hunger, and there are none that would be able to oppose me, the great Irus!

(-4 shards from every kill, + a magical minion)

Wake up then try to meditate to alleviate the pain.

END [1]

Crimson remained unconcious.

Try again to grow healing fruit!
>:( :P

Heal the jellyfish stings, deposit the box on shore, and keep looking.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [6+1=7]

James quickly whipped up a minor healing spell to deal with damage he had sustained. Tiny wounds through which the jellyfish poison had entered his bloodstream closed up, forcing poison that lingered in the wounds to enter James' bloodstream. Now his whole body was itchy. But hey, at least he had his companion box.

((...I don't have eyebrows. Whatever.))
Transform the throne's legs (-1) Into wheels of gold.

CMP [2]
POT [5+1=6]

Kirby, giving up on turning his body back into flesh and blood he was used to, tried to gain some mobility instead. Well, if he was able to use his legs, those roller-skates that grew out of his feet would be real useful.

"Perhaps, it's time to kill someone... But my magic raises concern."

In the last attempt to fiddle with magic, I try to summon a shadow cloak for myself.

CMP [2]
POT [3-1=2]

"Screw it, last try" exclaimed Whaz as he tried to conjure a cloak of shadows. He could feel the spell crumble away before it even finished. It was not a good day for the dark team.

enter the castle and blast (Kirby?  The one who is the pink dot) with a fireball.  Ranged and summon -2.

LUCK [7]

Ryan, deciding that it was about time somebody died here, infiltrated the castle in which a few mages resided, or at least he remembered a few running this way at the start. And where else they could be if not the throne room. Treasury would be a viable option, but throne room was as good place as any, and Ryan had to start somewhere. Today he was in luck. Throne room proved to be easy to find, and the opponent that was there could have hardly been more crippled. Chained to a massive and heavy golden throne, with limbs transformed into the same heavy metal. Truly, a target more immobile and helpless was hard to imagine.

CMP [2+1-2]
POT [3+1]

Grinning, Ryan conjured a flame to incinerate this hapless mage, only for it to explode in his hand, burning off some of Ryan's hair and setting all nearby torches aflame.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:26:50 pm by DreamerGhost »

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2014, 06:41:37 pm »

Ooooo, a minion!
Tired of the lack of action, head back towards Shipwreck Lake, with the firefox Irus following.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2014, 06:46:17 pm »

I can't return to base with nothing but an empty box. Keep searching the shoreline for anything of value. Especially bottles.

And use my healing magic to purge the jellyfish venom from my body.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2014, 06:50:52 pm »

Head to the castle and attempt to grow plants over the entryway, after grabbing the healing fruit.

((I want to cover the castle))
((Did I grab some of those seeds?))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:51:48 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2014, 07:17:57 pm »

((Where on the human body is the hilt?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2014, 07:28:29 pm »

((Where on the human body is the hilt?))

That was suposted to be waist. My native language is not english and it realy shows sometimes.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 506