Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971705 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: nuking the Warp edition.
« Reply #480 on: May 11, 2015, 10:22:12 am »

This being said, was going to do a Tempestus army with a female commander and then realized that stormtroopers actually don't have any women either.

Don't they? I'm pretty sure stormtroopers did in a few books, but I haven't bothered to buy the Militarum Tempestus codex and it may make the older novels non-cannon-ish. They certainly don't have any female models, but really it's just a headswap since carapace armour shouldn't really look any different on a woman than on a man.

You could always just make a Renegades and Heretics list instead by the way, they can copy Tempestus near exactly ruleswise but can be fluffed as anything you want. It is Forgeworld rules though.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 11, 2015, 10:25:24 am »

Nah, the Tempestus are recruited from the schola progenum, and afaik all of the females from there go to the Sisters of Battle.
Which is why you're also unlikely to find female commissars. Apparently the ecclisiarchy are pretty hungry for 'em.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 11, 2015, 10:29:25 am »

Not only are there female storm troopers but from what I've been told the next movie will finally feature them.

The reason there weren't any in the first three movies was because of the different standards of the time of the movies.

Remember it was back when Super Hero teams needed to have a female team member because otherwise if they fought a female villain there would be nothing they could do... among other things.

Warhammer has an odd case of making things either one gender or the other as an excuse not to make more than one gender of model.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:31:05 am by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 11, 2015, 10:35:41 am »

Hmm. Maybe it's only the particularly devout ones. Means I'll be able to have some modtastic fun with my commander and priest though.

Edit: That being said Eldar seem to have a one-girl-per-sprue policy. Sad that IG can't do the same.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:42:08 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 11, 2015, 11:09:32 am »

Wait, which movies are you talking about?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 11, 2015, 11:15:09 am »

The one that came from a time period where a guy couldn't hit a girl.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 11, 2015, 12:03:10 pm »

Was reading an article on the GW pricing scheme becuase for some reason I felt I needed to depress myself.

Someone should go Pathfinder on their asses and make a revised 4th-ed ruleset.
I'm sick of all of my battles taking the better part of a day to play.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 11, 2015, 12:47:54 pm »

Wait what?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 11, 2015, 12:49:25 pm »

The one that came from a time period where a guy couldn't hit a girl.

Would you mind giving a title and/or link to what movies you're referring to? I'm not entirely sure I'm thinking of the same thing here.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 11, 2015, 01:24:57 pm »

I'm only aware of 3 Warhammer movies.
The brilliant fan made Damnatus: The Enemy Within that everyone claims haven't see because of copyrights but we all have totally seen.

The mediocre, Matt Ward wankfest approved Ultramarines.

And the fan made Inquisitor which is still to be out and looks really, REALLY sweet.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 11, 2015, 01:27:48 pm »

I never watched damnatus :v !

I'm gonna go and see if I cant break some copyright laws.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

quamzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 11, 2015, 01:33:34 pm »

Does nurgle aim all his ,, blessings " to the imperium, or he sends them to tau worlds, tyranid hives, eldar craftworlds and Comorragh too?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 11, 2015, 01:35:32 pm »

Everyone and everyplace I guess. However doesn't the Gods need people believing in them to gather strength? I don't know much Chaos, cause it's heresy to look up for that!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 11, 2015, 02:47:45 pm »

Since nurgle represents decay and the inevitability of death, he probably gets stronger from it. In fact, I read somewhere that nurgle was the first chaos god to spawn out of the newborn warp, due to all the death caused in the war of heaven, followed by khorne.

Also, out of every chaos god, nurgle is actualy the least malevolent. He's quite the paternal figure, its just his idea of making everyone feel loved and happy is giving everyone his infinite strains of AIDS. So even if he might not gain anything from it, he would still be trying to spread his stuff everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:52:19 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 11, 2015, 03:18:11 pm »

Curious what book said a Space Marine made a baby with a human woman. 'cause it's got to be old as hell. Sex has been verboten in 40k almost since I can remember. Partly I think is the audience (although 40k's grim brutality being ok for kids where sex is not is beyond hypocritical) and partly is the desire for a kind of sexless purity to the IP. It's not that there is nothing that comes across as sexy, either the visuals or the implications of the writing. 40K just refuses to pursue it in any way. The best you'll get is some kinky scene setting when talking about the Dark Eldar or Slaanesh-related things, or Commissar Cain being politely adult about having scored last night. The occasional story where a guardsmen pulls themself out of a rucksack with another person in it. But you won't get a paragraph or even more than a couple sentences trying to describe how sultry or attractive some character is. Daemons are "disturbingly beautiful" or "horrifically voluptuous", and that's about the extent of it.

In the grim darkness of the 41st Millennium, there are only War Boners.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:19:56 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 824