Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965199 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: nuking the Warp edition.
« Reply #570 on: May 13, 2015, 05:13:01 am »

I don't see why billions upon billions of people believing the emperor exists and protects their soul upon death wouldn't have some sort of impact. We know for a fact that emotions and believes have an effect on the warp, so why should it be different here? Sure, the average human might not have a big effect on hos own, but when you have that many minds believing, I'd wonder where all that psychic energy/resonance/whatever would go to.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 13, 2015, 05:59:39 am »

It's less 'billions upon billions' and more like 'literally quadrillions. Just saying.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 13, 2015, 07:16:14 am »

I seem to recall something on righteous human souls being "integrated" into the emperor or something. In reality it would be almost the same as being eaten by demons, however in this case is something done "at will".

It could have been just a forum theory however as I don't recall it from a book.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 13, 2015, 07:17:55 am »

They would never really reveal anything anyhow.

To my knowledge they never really state if there are truly gods.. or if they are all outright fake

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 13, 2015, 08:20:06 am »

I read somewhere something about how all the psychers that are sacrificed to the emperor to keep the astronomican running actualy join with his soul in the warp. And since the warp is spawned and controlled with belief and feelings, plus-quadrillion humans believing the emperor to be a real god would probably actualy cause the emperor to become a real god.

This, among other things, drives the theories behind the idea that the only thing holding the emperor back is his physical shell that holds the core of his soul, so when he actualy dies, his soul would unite with the other fragments, charge up on all the belief of everyone in the empire + the souls of everyone that got sacrificed to keep the astronomican/the golden throne/the emperor running and become an actual god capable of simultaneously punching every chaos god in their metaphysical faces.

There is a real reason as to why chaos calls the emperor "the anathema", and its not just because he was the most powerful warlord in the galaxy before, its because his very existence is in direct opposition to chaos, which is why the emperor cannot be corrupted by chaos, and why chaos considers him an actual enemy rather then just another being to use as a pawn.

In fact, the big E might be chaos' only true enemy. Every other being that the chaos gods cannot control do not seem to be in direct opposition to it. The only other exception would MAYBE be the Eldar's super neon genesis evangelion batman gambit, since they're apparently chanelling their souls into craftworlds to create a new, artificial god, that is supposed to free them from slaanesh permanently or somesuch. Another real threat would possibly be Gork and Mork, if the orks actualy manage to join up under a single warboss to channel their insane crowd mentality powers to create them.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:23:05 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 13, 2015, 08:25:24 am »

The Tyranids also are a thread to the demons mostly because they are soulless creatures who will essentially destroy the galaxy and wreck the warp.

They usually set up all the races to oppose all the others on some level.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 13, 2015, 10:09:01 am »

If I remember right, there's a hint of Chaos hating the Emperor simply because he stole some power from them a long ass time ago. And that's part of why he's so powerful. I figured he was considered Anathema because he's a bullshittingly powerful psyker, similar to how the Grey Knights are, and has set himself on a mission to obliterate Chaos.

On a different note, why did the Eldar never create any Emperor-esque figures? Hell, they've been around a fuckton longer than humans, and they have metric shittons of souls lying around by this point to do it with. Far more powerful psychically than humans.If the Emperor was the result of a mere few hundred human druids, shamans, and psykers, shouldn't an entire Craftworld basically become able to punt Chaos Gods like Gretchins?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 13, 2015, 10:09:11 am »

Seeing how the emperor got "created" one would assume that doing it again wouldn't be such a huge problem.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:18:14 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 13, 2015, 10:14:04 am »

On a different note, why did the Eldar never create any Emperor-esque figures? Hell, they've been around a fuckton longer than humans, and they have metric shittons of souls lying around by this point to do it with. Far more powerful psychically than humans.If the Emperor was the result of a mere few hundred human druids, shamans, and psykers, shouldn't an entire Craftworld basically become able to punt Chaos Gods like Gretchins?
Because of... reasons.  :P

I think the Emprah had the advantage of being a corporeal being. See how demons and chaos need something to hold them on this side of reality.

On the other hand his most holly Emperor now have the backup of trillions upon trillions of believers in him, which even when less powerful than Eldar surely add up to a lot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:16:35 am by LordBaal »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 13, 2015, 10:14:46 am »

If I remember right, there's a hint of Chaos hating the Emperor simply because he stole some power from them a long ass time ago. And that's part of why he's so powerful. I figured he was considered Anathema because he's a bullshittingly powerful psyker, similar to how the Grey Knights are, and has set himself on a mission to obliterate Chaos.

I'd assume because of the thing he did where he stole a shit ton of power from Chaos by bargaining with them only to betray them and take their power or something. That's how he reached such immense levels of power, in fact I suspect the whole 'shamans fused together to create me' story is bullshit concocted by the Emperor to deter people trying to investigate - his true past is likely some guy born during the Age of Strife who then got his powers and decided to conquer the shit out of the galaxy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 13, 2015, 10:26:15 am »

I'd assume because of the thing he did where he stole a shit ton of power from Chaos by bargaining with them only to betray them and take their power or something. That's how he reached such immense levels of power, in fact I suspect the whole 'shamans fused together to create me' story is bullshit concocted by the Emperor to deter people trying to investigate - his true past is likely some guy born during the Age of Strife who then got his powers and decided to conquer the shit out of the galaxy.
How you dare to doubt the Holly Emperor!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:28:01 am by LordBaal »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 13, 2015, 10:27:03 am »

How you dare to doubt the Holly Emperor!
He also sucked as a dad.
Sig! Onol

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 13, 2015, 10:32:01 am »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 13, 2015, 11:26:21 am »

Yeah, I less believe the 'Shamans fused' thing, and would like to imagine that he was some kind of crazy cosmic co-incidence which managed to tap out the maximum human peak of intelligence, wisdom and strength.

But then, he couldn't have been THAT wise, huh.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 13, 2015, 11:36:22 am »

He wasn't wise at all. You can just look at how he treated quite a few of the Primarchs, namely Lorgar and Angron.

My son's been converting people into a religion centered around me despite the fact that I said no religion because starve Chaos? Better force him and his entire legion at once to kneel to me with my MINDBENDINGLY POWERFUL PSYCHIC GODPOWERS and tell him that gods don't exist so don't be religious kthnkxbai

Hey, my son's formed a gladiator rebellion against the armies of this planet! But they're outnumbered, surrounded, and about to be killed. Looks like he's formed a strong bind with his comrades and refuses to leave them, preferring to die rather than abandon him comrades.
Better forcibly teleport him up to a ship leaving all his friends to die, that won't leave him angry and bitter towards me!
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 824