Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965511 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: nuking the Warp edition.
« Reply #630 on: May 14, 2015, 02:55:26 am »

Weren't Eldar somehow implied to be responsible for creating the Etherals and subsequently uplifting the Tau from their tribal society?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 14, 2015, 04:43:56 am »

How did Horus mortally wound the Emperor? Like, how can the Emperor even be mortally wounded? He's the freaking Emperor, couldn't he just heal his wounds?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 14, 2015, 04:54:59 am »

Empy couldn't find the heart in him to go all-out against his most favored son, and Horus was one of the best of the Primarchs being buffed massively by all 4 chaos gods simultaneously, of course the Emperor got the shit kicked out of him because he was being pumped full of warp bullshit with each wound he took, and he took a lot of them.
Then when he finally got convinced that Horus was irredeemable and had to be killed, he went all out and instagibbed the fuck so hard that his soul got obliterated along with his body.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 14, 2015, 04:56:03 am »

How did Horus mortally wound the Emperor? Like, how can the Emperor even be mortally wounded? He's the freaking Emperor, couldn't he just heal his wounds?

Well right know the Emperor is a zombie to my knowledge kind of.

At least that is how it is described to me. He needs to sacrifice millions just to continue living because he is kind of in a state of being dead yet alive at the same time.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 14, 2015, 05:33:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I do recommend not getting insulted when people diss your favoured faction. :I

Here shows 18 main worlds.
I'm not kidding about humanity being quadrillions; there are more people on Necromunda than in the Tau empire. There are 500 billion humans on Necromunda, about.
In last chancers, Kage talking to a Tau diplomat reveals that the 13-billion strong world Kage comes from is more Tau than in his entire Sept. That isn't even a hive world; a hive world has between 10-100 billion in each city and 5- 20 cities per world. There are ~32,380 hive worlds in the Imperium.

I'm not saying they're insignificant... but they're insignificant.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 14, 2015, 05:38:35 am »

I want to like the Tau as a race, but something about them just screams weak to me.

Maybe it's that they're absolutely weak in hand to hand. Tyranids > Tau :P
* AP1 S10 railgun round explodes Hanslanda into ludicrous gibs from the other side of the field.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 14, 2015, 05:55:51 am »

To be fair, the insane population of the Imperium is as much a weakness as it is a strength. Also, speaking purely numbers-wise, I'm pretty sure the only races that[ i]aren't[/i] insignificant compared to the Imperium are demons (who dwell in the warp) and Tyrannids (which, due to GW being GW, will never have their full fleet arrive.)
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

quamzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 14, 2015, 06:12:25 am »

Is the baneblade stc naming it light scouting tank?( by understanding of dark age of technology)
Are land riders and rhino based tanks just DAT colonisation vehicles? Is terminator armour just DAT engineer suit? Was playing in dark crusade with loreloving tabletopers, and they suddenly started talking about baneblade being light scouting vehicle STC and stuff like that.
Also, why inquisition has fully intellegent invisible ships?( heresy?)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 14, 2015, 06:24:49 am »

Afaik the Tau were completely secluded due to warp storms and such, and had zero contact with the other races until post-etheral culture.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 14, 2015, 06:33:15 am »

So I havn't played any of the actual board game

So I am going to ask how the Necrons "You can't actually kill their units" is reflected in the game.

Are there rules for skirmishes and for actual "games" that span over multiple battles?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 14, 2015, 07:05:10 am »

So I havn't played any of the actual board game

So I am going to ask how the Necrons "You can't actually kill their units" is reflected in the game.

Are there rules for skirmishes and for actual "games" that span over multiple battles?

Necrons: Roll D6 on death. 4+ comes back to life. This can change depending on weapon used to kill (doesn't work with power weapons, templates and a few other things) and as long as there are remaining units in the squad the unit is from. There's also some other rules for larger games where AoE regeneration can reduce the roll required.

As for skirmishes and larger wars; not that I'm aware of, but of course players can modify their armies and so on to represent an on going battle. Tank gets destroyed in early battle, may not come back until the third battle if you decide to have multiple.

Most battles in W40k are skirmish levels. Space Marines will have about... 20ish models; 3 squads of 6 troops, a tank or two and a commander. My Necron army at 500 points could only have 20 warriors and 1 commander, 1000 points added 3 destroyer hovers and about 6 melee units. Plus some wargear (items the commander takes, armour and weapons).

The larger games are Apocalypse which can have essentially limitless battle sizes. Something like 5000 points or higher. Allows the usage of titan models which are really huge walkers and the like. Warhound, Reaver, Warlord and Imperitor for the Imperium.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:08:03 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 14, 2015, 07:19:27 am »

And you want it to be small battles, since models are suuuuuper expensive.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 14, 2015, 07:20:05 am »

The latest Necron codex a month ago changed it to a 4+ or 5+ ward save (similar to FNP).
Less cool in fluff, but a bit more balanced on table.

There's rules for campaigns (and GW used to sell tiles for them) but GW have moved away from that kinda.
Killteams has cool rules for skirmishing and campaigns (But has some minor balance issues)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 14, 2015, 07:29:34 am »

The latest Necron codex a month ago changed it to a 4+ or 5+ ward save (similar to FNP).

I'd say it's probably less balanced now, since each wound gets a reanimation save when it's taken rather than as a lump sum at the end of the phase it's harder to kill Necrons now than before.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 14, 2015, 07:44:35 am »

Aw, they changed that? Ah well, what I mentioned was from their... third edition codex I think it is? It's what you see in the Dawn of War games still. They reform terminator style after they get destroyed, crawling back to their legs and reattaching them. I think one of the stories in the codex even mentioned melted Necrons reforming from a puddle of metal.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 824