Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971122 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:41:01 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Khorne welcomes all blood from wherever it comes but does care about honour in a weird way.
he's all about primal rage, violence and raw strength.
He wants you to go and kill, kill the biggest and baddest thing you can find, and you kill it not some poison or magic, you do it yourself.
There's no points for kill those that can't fight back, to do so in his name when there the chance of a proper fight is an insult and shows just how unworthy of his gifts you are.
That honour to him.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

Has anybody else noted the similarity between the slaaneshi faith and the demonic cult from Hellraiser (ie Pinhead et al. "Cenobites of the Gash" I believe they are called in the later installments)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:57:54 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

There's no points for kill those that can't fight back, to do so in his name when there the chance of a proper fight is an insult and shows just how unworthy of his gifts you are.

Other than, you know, blood and skull points. You'll get Khorne's attention faster by fighting someone really dangerous to you. Or if you spill an ocean of blood.

Has anybody else noted the similarity between the slaaneshi faith and the demonic cult from Hellraiser[/] (ie Pinhead et al. "Cenobites of the Gash" I believe they are called in the later installments)

I'm not really up on my Hellraiser, but they do share similarities. The ecstasy of pain and all that.

Really though whenever I see Hellraiser, I think Dark Eldar.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

If I remember right, Khorne makes a point of sending his favored champions after the fools who offer him the skulls of the weak and defenseless. He doesn't really appreciate it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

But in other works he's all 'Kill maim burn, order nonwitshtanding'.

I think if Khorne Berzerkers or Bloodletters busted into an imperial housing complex, they wouldn't rush around spasmodically shouting 'Find me a Wahriyoah!'.
Nah they'd make like kids in candy factory.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

It's because, as I heard it described once, that the Chaos gods can basically be boiled down to just a word as their central concept. Khorne is 'anger', Nurgle is 'endure', Slaanesh is 'excess' and Tzneetch is 'change'. That forms their whole concept, it's why Khorne doesn't care who's blood is spilled and Tzneetch contradicts himself in his plotting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

'Endure'?
Not say... 'Plague' or 'Disease'?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a way he expresses himself, since the endurance required to get through a disease is pleasing to him (and he equally favors all life), but ultimately plague and disease are too advanced concepts for a chaos god. They're the primal stuff of sentient beings expressed in the Warp. Determination, will to survive, to ensure your current circumstances is what Nurgle likes, just as he's the opposite of Tzneetch's change.
Sig! Onol

quamzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought, that Nurgle is rather god of life and death in all their forms.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As a secondary sort of thing, but his core concept is that of ... of endurance, of the struggle to survive. It's why his blessings bestow unholy amounts of endurance upon the people he gives them to. Just as Tzneetch is change, hope, scheming, advancement, mutation, Nurgle is stagnation, endurance, the slow rot, despair, life (the process of living is essentially just one slow rot after all), etc.
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Slaaneesh is a sea of dicks, but for some Slaaneesh is ultimate waifu
Remember kids, if the Emperor is not best waifu you are a heretic

I thought, that Nurgle is rather god of life and death in all their forms.
He's decay; the Emperor is the chaos god of stagnancy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Funnily enough in that Ork warlord quest I linked to the Emperor becomes the Chaos God of stagnancy and order and domination and servitude, the Empyreal Tyrant.
Sig! Onol

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

Unleash your rage, let the power of Khorne flakes flow through you

I do remember one cool short story where it had an inept planetary governer oversee his planet's inevitable descent into fully-fledged demon world. There's a great moment where it's full of Slaaneshi demons, Nugle demons, Tzeentchi demons, and to add insult to injury the governer gets so pissed off he opens a rift allowing Khorne demons in, making it a full house. Then he has a moment of absolute clarity, and it freaks out the Khorne bloodletters as to why the governer isn't scared anymore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You don't remember the name by any chance do you? Sounds interesting.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 824