Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965478 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1815 on: September 27, 2015, 10:29:56 pm »

Because the Order of the Bloody Rose is the archtypical Sisters of Battle, same as Ultramarines get disproportionately represented. Even more so, because the Sisters are much less fleshed out and haven't been the focus of GW. How do you recognise a Sister of Battle? White hair, red armour. Easy identification.
I thought it was the boobplate.

Fairly unique, that. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 28, 2015, 07:49:37 am »

Not at all
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 28, 2015, 07:56:04 am »

Well, that one armor is worn by a male character, which only raises a few questions on the whole ~all female~ thing of the sisters :v

Not like Traps of Battle isn't a thing already.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 28, 2015, 08:15:48 am »

I was just..... yanking your chain...  8)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:21:46 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1819 on: September 28, 2015, 08:39:50 am »

Actually, the ones with white hair are from Order of Martyred Lady (Before death of Saint Katherine they were known as Order of the Fiery Heart). They're the ones with black-red armor and white hair (and even then not all of them have it).
The point of white hair is actually that they're dying it after Saint Katherine/Saint Celestine (because Saint Celestine is baisically Saint Katherine v2.0, she even wears her armour) which had white hair. It happens everywhere across the orders. Some of them do it more (Order of Martyred Lady, because, well, the Saint Katherine was from their order I think), others less or some don't care at all.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:42:57 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 28, 2015, 04:18:38 pm »

Not at all

Who the hell is this? It looks like Herecy and should burn.

I think Matt Ward kill (killed) them all before departing (from) GW. So probably no.

Fixing for future readers of this thread.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 09, 2015, 04:02:11 pm »

What is the point of codex/ following codex for the chapter?
How imperium deals with ,, gifts" of nurgle?
Why would cultists worship chaos gods, if they just fuck them over with ,, gifts"?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 09, 2015, 04:10:11 pm »

So you don't get too big for your britches, challenge the Imperium and become a heretic.

Copious amounts of bolter rounds + purging fire.

Why would cultists worship chaos gods, if they just fuck them over with ,, gifts"?

Why would you play an RPG video game if the dice rolls make it so you can lose?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1823 on: October 09, 2015, 04:14:20 pm »

1. To divide and conquer the spess marines so if they rebel they don't all rebel at once. Also some stuff about reorganizing and changing strategies to cope with smaller army groups.
2. Plague doctors, inquisitors, nuns with hypodermic needles and flamethrowers. In the worst case scenario, vast quantities of chemical bombs, or planetary annihilation.
3. Slippery slope, ignorance, little choice or risk/reward. You don't really know what you're getting into in some cases, in others like with nurgle the choice is between horrible death and horrible death that doesn't bother you, and you may start off with awesome stuff like prescience and an immunity to bullets or additional limbs but by the end of it you'll have degenerated into a blibbering ball of limbs.
Of course, the slippery slope could also lead to demigodhood.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: October 09, 2015, 04:15:28 pm »

Nurgle -> sure, you've got plague, but you're also really happy and hard to kill.
Khorne -> become the baddest motherfucker this side of Terra
Slaaneesh -> oh shit all the drugs, pleasure, pain, you want it, you got it
Tzeentch -> your ultimate ambition can come true... for a price.

All offer power, and a chance for greater things. If one becomes a daemon prince, you become an immortal superdaemon that can never be truly killed.
Sure, a lot may end as Chaos Spawn, but that won't happen to you. You're special, chosen!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1825 on: October 09, 2015, 04:57:18 pm »

Nurgle -> sure, you've got plague, but you're also really happy and hard to kill.
Sure, you're hard to kill, but you've got plague which hurts like hell and makes you suffer for the rest of your loong, loooong life you'll learn to hate after the first minutes. Also Nurglettes.
Khorne -> become the baddest motherfucker this side of Terra
You also don't remember why you wanted to be the baddest motherfucker or even how baddest motherfucker looks like, especially the fucker part. Unless it has to do something with BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Slaaneesh -> oh shit all the drugs, pleasure, pain, you want it, you got it
All the amazing fetishes. Also, it's not like wanting it changes anything, but yeah, by the end of the day you'll take "go fuck yourself with a chainsword" literally.
Tzeentch -> your ultimate ambition can come true... for a price.
Tzeentch cultists are like Slannesh cultists actually. They dick over everyone but in the end they get dicked over their own god.
So yeah, the Emperah's the way to go.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: October 09, 2015, 05:10:22 pm »

A big focus of nurgle is that his followers don't tend to feel pain, really. You can riddle them with bullets, they'll have a nice belly-laugh, and then you die of space AIDs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1827 on: October 09, 2015, 05:15:43 pm »

A big focus of nurgle is that his followers don't tend to feel pain, really. You can riddle them with bullets, they'll have a nice belly-laugh, and then you die of space AIDs.
I am not fully positive that it's just regular stuff handed out to cultists.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: October 09, 2015, 05:36:31 pm »

Low grade cultists do still feel pain and suffering, but usually they just have severe mucus buildup and boils rather than full on skin lesions and necrotic tissue, so their afflictions are more annoying and uncomfortable than painful.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 09, 2015, 05:44:42 pm »

Yes, just like not all of them have flesh eating viruses chewing off their genitals.

But hey, people suffer for their beliefs anyway. Plenty of people suffer for belief in the Emperor, willing or not.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 824