Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971495 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1830 on: October 09, 2015, 06:01:50 pm »

Hmmm.

If Nurgle made a plague that spread via fire in addition to typical means, I have to wonder how very screwed whichever planet he used it on would be.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: October 09, 2015, 06:03:54 pm »

Wouldn't everything infected get burned up, though? Not much use in spreading Da Plague if you're a pile of cinders.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 09, 2015, 06:44:44 pm »

I mean... i'm goin' full Slaanesh. Sign me up for all the space-BDSM and eternity drug use. Hey, I could even become a demigod of perfection... nice.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 09, 2015, 07:17:42 pm »

Wouldn't everything infected get burned up, though? Not much use in spreading Da Plague if you're a pile of cinders.
Not what I meant. As in, rather than infection getting burnt away, it just feeds it. Aka; you cannot kill it with fire. It's not that you catch on fire to catch the disease, it's that a raging inferno just spreads the spores or whatever.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 09, 2015, 07:26:10 pm »

Spore might be fireproof, but unless you are...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 09, 2015, 07:36:22 pm »

I mean... i'm goin' full Slaanesh. Sign me up for all the space-BDSM and eternity drug use. Hey, I could even become a demigod of perfection... nice.

I'd normally say this, but I've read enough to know that Slaneesh takes Pain = Pleasure to some really fucked up places. Also the fate of every Slaneeshi worshiper is to eventually become emotionally deadened to all the things they used to enjoy.

Tzeentch or Khorne for me personally. Tzeentch for the full-fledged Chaos experience and MAGICK, or Khorne because you'll be so roided out you won't know or care anymore anyways.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 09, 2015, 08:02:32 pm »

Khorne/Emps is my OTP.

Faith in the Blood god, Skulls for him on the Golden Throne, Humanity Fuck Yeah, chainswords and Bolters.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 09, 2015, 08:13:21 pm »

Nurgle is too fat for me. No fat people >:v

Tzeentch is ok because JUST AS PLANNED AND MAGICK ALL THE TIME and LETS GO FUCK WITH THE ELDAR LOL is always a plus.

I'm not sure about Khorne, I'd prob have an aneurism or something, a chaos aneurism. I'm not sure how I'd take the whole being MEGA ANGRY for all eternity.

Slaanesh seems like a huge flytrap. Unless you ascend into daemon prince status you'd prob become mega jaded and deadened after some hundred years of constant sexhaving, but then again thats probably true for all chaos gods.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 09, 2015, 08:18:17 pm »

Spore might be fireproof, but unless you are...

It's NNurgle with a magic disease. If the spores are fireproof, odds are the mutations can be too. Not too hard to go the Black Mold route. Hell, it's not like Plague Marines are more vulnerable to fire then they are Bolters, in any case. Except maybe Inferno Bolts, but those are magic anyway.

My point is, you can't stop the infection with fire. Even if you kill the infected, it doesn't matter, because fire just helps it spread to other people, and you may as well Exterminatus the planet if that's all you're going to try. Which means the planet is screwed anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 10, 2015, 05:45:28 am »

Somehow the diseases still have to have regular limits to exist on the real world. I guess if that could been possible then they'll already have done it. In any case shhhhhh, don't give Nurgle(GW) ideas!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1840 on: October 10, 2015, 07:23:00 am »

Somehow the diseases still have to have regular limits to exist on the real world. I guess if that could been possible then they'll already have done it. In any case shhhhhh, don't give Nurgle(GW) ideas!
Depends. The thinner the "wall" between Immaterium and Materium, the more shit passes by the radar, up to the moment when reality gets another butthole (Warp storm) leading to Empyrean.

There are multiple ways of thinnering it and multiple ways of making it stronger, but most of them involve someone doing something (like some wicked ritual) in real world.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: October 10, 2015, 10:09:03 am »

How spess bettles in wh40 k universe work? How imperial fleet/ spess mehren fleets manage to hold overpowered space elves/endless   bug fleets/ horrible warped stuff with demon crews/ high-tech space communists/ spooky glowing metal skeletons, which can put star into handheld weapon device?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1842 on: October 10, 2015, 10:36:20 am »

How spess bettles in wh40 k universe work? How imperial fleet/ spess mehren fleets manage to hold overpowered space elves/endless   bug fleets/ horrible warped stuff with demon crews/ high-tech space communists/ spooky glowing metal skeletons, which can put star into handheld weapon device?
Space Elves don't exactly have numbers to compete with Imperium, endless bug fleets are suspectible to some types of weaponry and they aren't that good at space fighting after all, horrible warped stuff with demon crews is still outdated as fuck Imperial technology, high-tech space communists aren't exactly that high-tech when it comes to spaceships, they don't have shields AFAIK, so they're fragile as fuck... and spooky glowing metal skeletons aren't properly "escalated" yet, they keep those handheld stars as "war weapons" and yet they still don't even consider what is going on a war.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 10, 2015, 11:11:12 am »

They(high tech space communists) do, they just don't use Void Shields. No idea whatsoever, but that's what it says. They also don't have the sheer firepower of the Imperium, and their ships are slower, and their FTL is worse for speed (though better for reliability), and they're smaller than the Imperium. So yeah not actually ultra high-tech in space yet. Though if I remember right, some of the newer ships only move at a third of the speed of the Imperium's average Warp Drive speeds, rather than a fifth. I think that's actually the minimum for their new line, or whatever; my guess is their messenger ships can go between two and three times that speed. Can't say for certain though.

As with most things relating to the Imperium, the answer is mostly 'sufficient quantities of firepower'. Which is to say they have buttloads of ships still. And Nova Cannons, which help a lot. Nova Cannons and Torpedoes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1844 on: October 11, 2015, 04:50:19 pm »

Their ftl is nonexistent compared to the Imperium, they take the safe route when the Imperium's risky route allows them to travel from one end of the galaxy to the other and arrive a century before leaving
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 824