Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965411 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1905 on: October 28, 2015, 03:16:25 pm »

Why did emperor create psyker legion with psyker primarch focused on studying spehss magic, if he did not really want to have psyker marines.

He did want them, he just decided that Magnus was taking too many risks and decided that it was easier to blanket ban the use of pyschic powers than it was to convince Magnus he was overreaching. He did try to talk Magnus down in a telepathic debate at Nikaea, but Magnus wouldn't listen because he felt more than a little victimized by the whole event and refused to consider the Emperor's warnings about the Warp. So he just forbid him (and the Astartes) using his powers as a temporary measure.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: October 28, 2015, 03:36:23 pm »

And thats where Lorgar and the chaos conspiration comes in. If they hadn't done such a great job turning the whole thing into a trial for the thousand sons (even going as far as convincing the space wolves they were SUPER EVIL SORCERERS) and convincing Magnus he and his chapter were being specifically targetted by the Emperor (and if Magnus wasn't such a huge GIANT ONE EYED BABY) then Magnus wouldn't have made all the dire mistakes that led to the explosion of the black crusade, the destruction of the psychic barrier around sol and the assault on terra.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 28, 2015, 04:28:10 pm »

In short the Emperor and the Primarchs failed humanity. Even if he awoke I think he'd just somethin along the lines of "Damn. We are so fucked".

No one, can ever live with the fact that their judgement caused untold amounts of deaths for millenias. Hell, I think even attempting to fudge the numbers of the lost from just the Space Marines would reveal a number so high that billions is seen as a benchmark to begin. An don't get me started on the IG's their literally the meatgrinder of the Imperium.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: October 28, 2015, 08:44:39 pm »

To put that whole 'being specifically targeted by the Emperor' bit in perspective, the whole 'you can't do magic anymore' would be like telling the Space Wolves 'all that wolf stuff? Get rid of it. All of it.' Or telling the White Scars they weren't allowed to use fast vehicles anymore, they needed to just do sieges. It was their identity, and the Emperor essentially told them to stop being what they were.

And then Space Wolves.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 28, 2015, 08:47:31 pm »

I dunno, the Emperor had some noticeable hubris.
He wasn't exactly a Jesus metaphor.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1910 on: October 28, 2015, 08:49:24 pm »

Yeah he was definitely more OT Jewish warlord

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 28, 2015, 08:54:55 pm »

I am surprised people don't quite get the irony that he is basically a horrible baby eater in disguise as Jesus.

The fact that the Emperor isn't really as good a guy as his people spout is intentional. Though some writers freakishly didn't get the memo.

Mind you he is the "good guy" in the sense that he is by a large margin the least evil of all the factions (Yes I am including the Tau and Eldarin)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 28, 2015, 08:58:45 pm »

I like to think that the emperor really is benevolent, in his own way, its just that he's so far removed from humanity due to the unique nature of his existence that his notions of whats good for humanity in the long run are completely incomprehensible, altough he's clearly not failproof.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Make love not war

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 02, 2015, 10:01:10 pm »

Wait how is the Emperor the least evil?

He still went for the whole 'genocide aliens and unite humanity under my iron fist' thing. Plus being a fairly gigantic dick to a lot of his kids. I mean, Tau allegedly did concentration camps and sterilization, but I mean...genocide, man.

Also some serious culture hate of anything not his, with the whole 'I will stamp out all religion ever' thing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 02, 2015, 10:02:13 pm »

I am surprised people don't quite get the irony that he is basically a horrible baby eater in disguise as Jesus.

The fact that the Emperor isn't really as good a guy as his people spout is intentional. Though some writers freakishly didn't get the memo.

Mind you he is the "good guy" in the sense that he is by a large margin the least evil of all the factions (Yes I am including the Tau and Eldarin)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 02, 2015, 10:57:21 pm »

Better hope heretics have epilepsy with that thing unspoilered...emperor's throne, man.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 02, 2015, 11:09:39 pm »

That's actually just a glory hole, on the other side of which is a Slanesshi rave party. Hope you've got some flexibility!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 03, 2015, 03:44:36 am »

He still went for the whole 'genocide aliens and unite humanity under my iron fist' thing. Plus being a fairly gigantic dick to a lot of his kids. I mean, Tau allegedly did concentration camps and sterilization, but I mean...genocide, man.

Also some serious culture hate of anything not his, with the whole 'I will stamp out all religion ever' thing.

The xenos are more often then not :some shapeshifting vampires feeding on blood of other species, orks( no need to explain anything), sadistic fucks killing for the sake of getting pleasure, some enslavers, some tricky bastards trying to use you for their just as planned, annoying warmongering lizards flying radioactive junk fortresses in space.
And even when they are not xenos horrificus requiring extermination, they are taking up a  good place for one more forgeworld or agriworld.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1919 on: November 03, 2015, 05:25:19 am »

He's Stalin in a world where everyone else is Adolf Khan

I think that's the least of the Imperium's problems, the whole evolutionary breakpoint for example
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 824