Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965343 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2085 on: November 20, 2015, 11:04:44 pm »

I think the main reason it is considered a victory is because Ghaskul got forced out of the planet by Yarrick. Without a warboss an ork infestation is something the planetary defense force can keep under control, altough Armageddon's defenses are way stronger since he's still nearby and the ork forces left behind are still quite strong, just very disorganized and unable to mount any sort of large scale attack.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 21, 2015, 01:35:26 am »

As I recall, there are no instances of planets being completely cleansed of Orks without Extermanatus. At best, you can whittle them down to a feral colony that's more Gretchen then Boyz.

Bleach and Fire, my friend.

One of those has been lost in the 41st Millenium, unfortunately. Promethium may remain, but the great stores of Sanithium do not.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 21, 2015, 01:44:02 am »

Holy Promethium might destroy 99.9arbitrarily repeating% of Orkoid spores, but the currents created by its burn will spread the rest even further across the planet, unseen. And ultimately, it only takes one surviving microscopic particle to start it all over again. The works of the Old Ones are not so easily undone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 21, 2015, 02:34:31 am »

Bah

You really just need a good ol' bacteria that's adapted to eating the spores, really. Papa Nurgle can help with that.

Either that, or a well maintained Hive.

The Imperium getting help from Nurgle, and keeping a Hive clean enough to keep an ork spore from finding something to grow into, are about equally as likely.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2089 on: November 21, 2015, 05:05:15 am »

I imagine there are entire inquisition branches comprised entirely of inquisitors with cleaning OCDs tasked with MAKING THE PLANET CLEAN in order to get rid of Ork infestations

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2090 on: November 21, 2015, 06:42:44 am »

There are, proably. I belive it is possible to get rid of Orks completly, but it's so damn fucking ridiculous task that nobody even tried.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 21, 2015, 06:54:33 am »

Why is it considered a narrow victory? The war is currently going on and declaring any type of victory or defeat is premature. Did something happen that's not being said. Does anyone know anything about this war.
I bet they even did a whole victory speech on a battlebarge with a "Mission Accomplished" banner in the background.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 21, 2015, 07:06:59 am »

<3 All-guardsmen party

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 21, 2015, 07:46:05 am »

Once you have oks,you have them forever. Don't know any case of a complete cleanse. That's not completely bad however. It's bothersome because you have to periodically comb the whole freaking planet the rest of the existence. But it also gives the PDF plenty of training. A much necessary one to keep the planet without serious threat.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 21, 2015, 08:36:39 am »

My first pre-heresy World Eater. Never painted a pre-heresy marine before, but I think it turned out okay.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 21, 2015, 09:06:22 am »

I like the white on that. Is that metallic on the shoulder trim?

Now do rest of the company :D

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2096 on: November 21, 2015, 09:59:02 am »

Do you know what is scarier than a Death Korps Of Krieg guardsman?
An old Death Korps of Krieg guardsman...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 21, 2015, 11:59:37 am »

There are, proably. I belive it is possible to get rid of Orks completly, but it's so damn fucking ridiculous task that nobody even tried.

I bet the Tau did.

Partially because I find the concept so strangely hilarious and gratifying. Teams of Earth Caste and Drones equipped with cleaning solution and brushes of a hundred shapes and sizes, dedicated to cleaning up battlefields where Orks were slain. Plus, it fits with the naivety of the faction.

Also, that looks really nice, Grim Portent. Is that a Sergeant? Or a Tactical?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 21, 2015, 12:24:41 pm »

I like the white on that. Is that metallic on the shoulder trim?

Now do rest of the company :D

Yeah, it's metallic gold trim.

That looks really nice, Grim Portent. Is that a Sergeant? Or a Tactical?

Sergeant, hence the crest on the helmet. I usually paint HQs/Sergeants before painting the normal soldiers so I can get the colour scheme down on the important guys and then paint the mooks to match.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 21, 2015, 12:38:08 pm »

I bet the Tau did.

Partially because I find the concept so strangely hilarious and gratifying. Teams of Earth Caste and Drones equipped with cleaning solution and brushes of a hundred shapes and sizes, dedicated to cleaning up battlefields where Orks were slain. Plus, it fits with the naivety of the faction.

Also, that looks really nice, Grim Portent. Is that a Sergeant? Or a Tactical?
No, I can imagien the Imperials doing it as well. With the Sacred Rights of Scrubbing, Techpriest overseers to ensure they're making the right prayers when they use their brushes, and a mere ~25% fatality rate.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 824