Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965517 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3120 on: February 26, 2016, 01:08:48 pm »

It gets used in fluff. Usually as an example of a Space Marine thinking outside the box to like, melt door panels, chains and w/e.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: February 26, 2016, 01:12:07 pm »

I could swear I read a book in which a chaos marine spat acid into an opponent's eyes, but otherwise it's not really a potent ability compared to their physical strength and advanced weapons.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: February 26, 2016, 01:16:23 pm »

Do space marines use their acid spit in combat? Use it at all?

...what acid spit?
Welcome to the grim darkness of forgotten lore references from old days. And to answer the question, basically, no, though I vaguely remember it geting some use in one of Horus Heresy books.

EDIT:
Also what conversion and why I'm not aware of this?

Huh.
Well, TIL.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: February 26, 2016, 01:47:48 pm »

GiglameshDespair! You heretic! How is not possible you do not knew that! Hahahaha

In combat I haven't heard or read of any use ever. I think the helmet would be in the way most of the time, and removing your helmet to spit acid at your enemy, while awesome, it can't beat firing melta, bolter, plasma rounds at their direction.

In novels and such is used as a tool to dissolve things that are the way and not much else. I read once about a captured space marine spiting acid to blind his guard but don't remember if it was on a fanfic or a book.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: February 26, 2016, 02:26:15 pm »

GiglameshDespair! You heretic! How is not possible you do not knew that! Hahahaha

I have failed the Emperor... the only salvation is in death!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: February 26, 2016, 03:05:27 pm »

In combat I haven't heard or read of any use ever. I think the helmet would be in the way most of the time, and removing your helmet to spit acid at your enemy, while awesome, it can't beat firing melta, bolter, plasma rounds at their direction.

In novels and such is used as a tool to dissolve things that are the way and not much else. I read once about a captured space marine spiting acid to blind his guard but don't remember if it was on a fanfic or a book.

Marines can spit through the helmet grill, it's able to be open or closed like a set of window blinds. A few of the grittier books have marines drooling/spitting blood through the grill after a hard blow to the head.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: February 26, 2016, 03:08:48 pm »

Absolution is warhammer 40k conversion for space station 13 sandbox vidyagaem
- Everything happens not on space station, but in outpost on ice world
- in brig now are not security officers, but IG regiment, so they will shoot you with lasguns for breaking window. Or the comissar will blam you personally. Or he will take the sentinel from the armoury and kick your ass with its legs. Also they have one time use missile launcher, several boxes of frag grenades and LOTS of lasguns and laspistols, also some combat knifes, which you can attach to your faithful flashlight
- INQUISITION! In player roles roster are two ordo hereticus inquisitors and ordo xenos lord inquisitor
- Ordo hereticus has in their office entrance to secret bunker with console linked to cruiser stationed in SPEHSS for aiming orbital strikes on outpost. Also power knife, las pistol, stylish suit and cool hat included. Also inquisitorial authority - tell comissar to send his soldiers to necron catacombs, then declare them heretics for refusing to go on suicide mission or for touching xeno technology and bombard their armory from your bunker.
Bonus points for barricading entrance, blowing up means of calling rescue shuttle, saying to outpost crew something like death for the emperor is VICTORY! WE DONT EVACUATE! And bombarding outpost from safety of bunker, while eating pizza and drinking beer with second inquisitor.
- Ordo xenos lord inquisitor is basicly glorified research director from SS 13, but with bolt pistol and inquisitorial authority
- Research department is turned into ordo xenos research division, only real addition except new  sprites, job titles and warhammer lore is cybernetica lab, where mechanicus guy makes mechadendrites( mostly for himself, so he can go on quest of hoarding even better technology)
- Medical department is replaced with medicus, some tweaks to chemistry system( imperial combat drugs causing horrible addictions and killing you with toxins 11/10 medicine), virology is left pretty much the same, cloning is removed, chief medical officer is replaced with sister hospitalier. Dont piss her off, or risk getting shot with melta!
- Librarian has suspicious book in his backroom, which turnes him into nurgle cultist! Summon nurgle demons, draw runes, get burned with flamer, woo!
- Mechanicus has plasma reactor( which is often stolen by orks or eldar jerks), tech priests can make chimera tanks or sentinels. Bonus points for driving over someone and telling, that it was done by machine spirit.
- Eldar spy role, those guys have to sabotage outpost and force crew to leave it, because it is near necron ruins
- Proceduraly generated necron ruins with randomly generated traps, lay out, artifacts and stuff. Good luck getting alive out of here.
- Necrons!
- Blood pact! They want to nuke our outpost woah!
- Tyranids as one of possible player roles! Spooky lictor, asshole venomthrope flooding everything with acid neurotoxin gas, annoying ravener digging tunnels!
- Orks! They start as gretchins, then they evolve into oddboys/ komandos/ nobs( oddboy gets to evolve into da boss, da boss can place the bushes of ork weeds, which spawn more gretchins for more orks, soon everything is orks)
- cyberpunk syndicate traitor is replaced with heretic, not that much new items, mostly resprites like turning energy crossbow in eldar shuriken pistol. One fun new item is sacrificialsword - you draw the rune, khorne berserker gets summoned, you try to make a deal with him, he kills you with chainaxe and runs amok on outpost.
- Tau! However, they have to firstly try diplomacy before using weapons, so usually tau gameplay looks so :
Hey, I am shas vau, I want to tell you about greater good * shot with lasgun *, tau player starts ranting in out of character chat about comissar not knowing what is good roleplay
- Penance machine! You put someone in, he gets out of it as servitor! Also that is the reason, why you dont trust tech priest giving you beer, because it most likely contains morphine, so he can abduct and servitor you;
- RTD, roll to dice. It is a button respawning you after the death of your main character, if round is going on for more then 30 minutes( by this time outpost is warzone with khorne berserkers running around, magos driving over civilians with chimera, cybernetica acolyte shooting people with his autocannon mechadendrite, some heretic techpriest flooding everything with flammable gas, nurgle demons jumping out of the vents, both ordos waging war on each other, eldar spy stealing plasma reactor and comissar whipping bartender for serving bad beer)

By default respawn is as death korps of krieg soldier, also it is possible to apply on forums for other factions like : spehss mehreens( ultramarines, salamanders and ravenguard), tyranids, orks, inquisitorial stormtroopers, eldar, tau....

Kot, did that catch even a tiny bit of your interest?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3127 on: February 26, 2016, 04:28:32 pm »

Kot, did that catch even a tiny bit of your interest?
Honestly, it would proably catch a bit more of it if it wasn't a bloody wall of text and most of it sounds... meh.
You also forgot the most important part - a link to forums or the game itself. :X

FAKEEDIT:
Holy shit that forum interface is pure cancer
FAKEEDIT2:
I also keep hearing that this server is horrible shit, kek.
ACTUALEDIT3:
I seriously can't find shit on that forum. Also all those flashy donator nicknames and horrible... everything. Just ow.
ACTUALEDIT4:
Your wiki is... a fucking wikia. Come on now.
ACTUALEDIT5:
You have a shitpost subforum but basically the entire thing is shitpost. Lel'd.
ACTUALEDIT6:
Basically my whole reaction. I still can't find a fucking game IP.
ACTUALEDIT7:
Y'all heretics need some blamming in The Loving Name of God Emperor Of Mankind.
ACTUALEDIT8:
I am basically ghosting around and I'm not even sure if I'm laughing because it's fucking metastation on snow and I have trouble spotting any meaningful changes to the map other than it's on snow, even the damn Singularity containment is there, even if you guys apparently use some glorified PACMAN that might be cheating energy out of thin air. The sprites are... the sprites aren't. I think I just saw an Chimera around, but it was so small I'm not even sure what to think of it. Also that fucking Dreadnought and Sentinel. The people seem to be even more cancerous than Goons, like, all heretics. And basically everything is bad.

But the Death Korps Of Krieg vessel is named "Regentropfen" so there might be hope for you.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:25:19 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: February 26, 2016, 06:15:28 pm »

Archangel is hilarious fun if you don't take it seriously or mind the shitty graphics that everything non-Krorg has
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3129 on: February 26, 2016, 06:22:25 pm »

This server is fucking cancer.
On the other hand whole 4chan and /tg/ is also cancer and I somehow still go there so I guess...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: February 26, 2016, 06:44:37 pm »

I've decided to revisit my original chaos god of choice, Tzeentch, with a Lord of Change conversion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wanted to make something similar to a Bloodthirster in scale and feel I've got a pretty good look going there. Once I've added a cloak and filled in the missing muscles around the neck and arms I'm going to add a smattering of armour to some of his bodyparts.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: February 26, 2016, 07:15:24 pm »

Well my game got back on rails without too much fuss. Everyone decided the last session would stand.

The Captain bought back all the slaves he sold for twice what he got for them, and put them all on transport ships with some supplies to go back to their sad sack lives. There were several declarations of  "sorry for raiding your entire planet." The survivors weren't exactly grateful or understanding though. The Captain has been doing a lot of praying to Der Emprah to cleanse his soul of the corruption he, the session before, embraced with his face.

He also wrote a message to the Rogue Trader who owned the colony, as a pretty weak attempt at an apology. I had fun drafting said Rogue Trader's blackmail reply.

The party decided to go explore the lost Archeotech World I had presented them last time but they ignored in favor of BRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

So now they're fighting off killer AI robots that wield power swords, Archeotech "Dreadnoughts" with a heavy weapon per arm and some other crazy shit I haven't yet invented, hunting down what will probably be an Archeotech AI Master Computer that runs what's left of the city and has been slowly going crazy for the last 70,000 to ?????? years. The campaign is basically back to the tone of "feel-good care-free murderventure IIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN SSSSSPPPPPPAAAACCCEEEEEE."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:19:37 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: February 27, 2016, 06:13:03 pm »

Wait, the captain prays to the Emperor? Isn't the captain an Eldar?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: February 27, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »

Wait, the captain prays to the Emperor? Isn't the captain an Eldar?
They know how it is.

Praying for forgiveness for being a xeno. Only the Emperor knows if they can ever receive it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: February 27, 2016, 07:19:00 pm »

The Captain is Human. His Master Helmsmen is the Eldar. Who, coincidentally, had the most negative reaction to the whole thing of anyone. Not sure in-game what that says about Humans.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:24:52 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 824