Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965471 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #5430 on: August 12, 2016, 08:00:55 pm »

>Mom's spaghetti
A bastardization of Mon-keigh?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: August 12, 2016, 08:04:21 pm »

>Mom's spaghetti
A bastardization of Mon-keigh?
Nein.

A cancer (read: meme) from 4chan. Normally I attempt to avoid such foul things, but we do what we must...

For Emperor and Imperium.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5432 on: August 12, 2016, 08:17:26 pm »

>Kot implies that a mere man is worthy of commanding Astartes
Glance upon this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:50:31 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: August 12, 2016, 08:19:06 pm »

>Kot implies that a mere man is worthy of commanding Astartes
Glance upon this.
>Implies High Lords are mere men
>Ooh shit you done heresied now, boi.
>cleansepurgekill.jpg
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: August 12, 2016, 08:29:19 pm »

Implying that the High Lords are anything other than glorious humans sure sounds like heresy to me.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: August 12, 2016, 08:30:53 pm »

Implying that the High Lords are anything other than glorious humans sure sounds like heresy to me.

...shut up.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5436 on: August 12, 2016, 08:49:45 pm »

Is this The Reign of Blood all over again? BOY I KNOW WHO TO CALL!
Spoiler: !!! (click to show/hide)

>cleansepurgekill.jpg
Most of them, yes, are men. After all, didin't our Lord teach us that we are all perfect and glorious and in general capable of great stuff? And hey, aren't Inquisitors humans too, mostly? Not to mention various Warmasters... after all, doesn't very Imperial Guardsman carry Lord Commander Solar's Power Sabre in his backpack? By the Emperor, He Himself is first and foremost Human from Human and He is of one Being with Humanity. Is our Glorious and Immortal God-Emperor also unworthy of commanding Astrates He Himself has created?

CHECKMATE CLOSET HERETIC.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: August 12, 2016, 08:55:16 pm »

Is this The Reign of Blood all over again? BOY I KNOW WHO TO CALL!
Spoiler: !!! (click to show/hide)

>cleansepurgekill.jpg
Most of them, yes, are men. After all, didin't our Lord teach us that we are all perfect and glorious and in general capable of great stuff? And hey, aren't Inquisitors humans too, mostly? Not to mention various Warmasters... after all, doesn't very Imperial Guardsman carry Lord Commander Solar's Power Sabre in his backpack? By the Emperor, He Himself is first and foremost Human from Human and He is of one Being with Humanity. Is our Glorious and Immortal God-Emperor also unworthy of commanding Astrates He Himself has created?

CHECKMATE CLOSET HERETIC.
There are different sorts of men. I have seen many in my time. Damned men and lost men and men who have ascended into a status beyond our own. The last sort are different from those who are more standard, more in line. Those normal people are necessary.

I am not one of them. As an inquisitor, I am in a different class. I order worlds to be burned and bring forth hammers of light upon His foes.

And the Emperor? A god in all but flesh. With power and with beyond all other, he is man made manifest while we are but shadows of His glory.

The High Lords are but man, true. But the power they wield, the authority and experience...that brings them closer to Him then many will ever even comprehend.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: August 12, 2016, 09:09:43 pm »

So yeah, the Death Masque box just came out with a fun mini-arc and short story.
Spoiler: the story is shit (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: August 12, 2016, 09:14:43 pm »

So yeah, the Death Masque box just came out with a fun mini-arc and short story.
Spoiler: the story is shit (click to show/hide)
So just another "We're Eldar, you're humans, let's be friends until we inevitably betray you" situation? Its that plotline and their treatment of other sentient species as little more then cattle that make me dislike the Eldar.

Pompous windbags.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: August 12, 2016, 09:26:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's far more, but all I got was 'humans are shit'.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:29:25 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: August 12, 2016, 09:30:01 pm »

That's a completely reasonable action given the shit that Eldar pull on a regular basis.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: August 12, 2016, 09:30:58 pm »

If the Craftworld Eldar and Harlequins wanted trust they shouldn't have spent the past 10 millennia sacrificing human lives to spare a few Eldar souls.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: August 12, 2016, 09:31:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's far more, but all I got was 'humans are shit'.
Well. That's unsatisfying in the extreme. Could have had a nice moment of redemption there considering that, well, humans are shit. Or perhaps some lesson on not fucking with potential allies.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: August 12, 2016, 09:32:16 pm »

There may be a good chance Ynnead goes to town on humanity once it's done with Slaanesh, though.

Anyway, our Lord and Saviour the Void Dragon GORK AND MORK will save us all.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 824