Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965545 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #6075 on: August 28, 2016, 09:12:18 pm »

The Lord Inquisitor - Prologue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
I really liked it. It was so, so good to see 40k in something other than a still picture or in low res like in Space Marine. Voice acting+lip sync was a bit off but easily glossed over under the weight of the graphics. The sentencing was fun to watch.

The young inquisitor feels more like underhive scum then inquisitor in that prologue.
Inquisitors come from all parts of the galaxy, underhives included.

EDIT: I hope that Exterminatus gets called at some point. It's ok if it doesn't happen, but it would be a nice bonus.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:15:59 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: August 28, 2016, 10:30:14 pm »

I mean Exterminatus is damn near mandatory in a work featuring the Inquisition. Hell, them showing up at all is a sign that Exterminatus is in the future. I'd say 5:3 odds Exterminatus happens onscreen, with 95% odds of it being at least referenced.

I find I agree with the consensus. There are a few noticable glitches and hitches, but they are all forgivable faults in the face of what I saw. I had the good fortune to view it on my sister's new screen, and the 4k resolution is so beautiful it's actually a little heretical. I'll have to stick to my regular laptop in the future. I have high hopes for this work.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:31:54 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: August 28, 2016, 11:06:43 pm »

I question what the point of it being "100% rendered in real time" is, though. It not like my own computer is rendering it. In fact, I'd prefer it if it had insane pixar render times. >.>
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: August 28, 2016, 11:33:48 pm »

I question what the point of it being "100% rendered in real time" is, though. It not like my own computer is rendering it. In fact, I'd prefer it if it had insane pixar render times. >.>
Get ready to watch the first CGI film you are required to personally provide the render processing for.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: August 29, 2016, 12:14:17 am »

it's called mgs4
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: August 29, 2016, 01:20:09 am »

Wait so the dude in the parade was The right hon. Coteaz?
Nice namedrop.

Is this script a 'from scratch' work? Because it's cool not knowing all the angles.

But truthfully angry teen inquisitor is a bit of a turn-off.

I dunno, if he has the money to do that, tell him to buy his own shit. GWS games are too expensive to be buying for two people, no matter how badly you want someone to play with.

He was well able to pay me back. I was helping him get 'em before they sell out, as his payday was next week.
But now that he has 'em I have an aversion to owning the same army as another member of my group.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: August 29, 2016, 05:19:05 am »

But truthfully angry teen inquisitor is a bit of a turn-off.
He's ok. In truth his current personality seems more like it's meant to be a starting point than anything else. It'll be interesting to see whether he grows and becomes a respectable member of the Inquisition or if his flaws will consume him and drive him off the deep end.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: August 29, 2016, 06:35:32 am »

There were a couple of Easter eggs in that video. Anyone notice the unpainted Land Raider?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: August 29, 2016, 06:59:26 am »

Servo skulls are what we would today consider drones, but the Imperium doesn't call them drones. What does the Imperium call them?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6084 on: August 29, 2016, 07:05:33 am »

Is this script a 'from scratch' work? Because it's cool not knowing all the angles.
It's from scratch. I think they got Aaron Dembski-Bowden to help, though. The dude who makes music is the one who made it for Ultramarines movie, which is actually great fucking choice because music was one of good things there.

He's ok. In truth his current personality seems more like it's meant to be a starting point than anything else. It'll be interesting to see whether he grows and becomes a respectable member of the Inquisition or if his flaws will consume him and drive him off the deep end.
The full name is The Lord Inquisitor - Seed of Ambition, after all.

There were a couple of Easter eggs in that video. Anyone notice the unpainted Land Raider?
Ye, next to the vases and shit. Also, there is painting of the creator himself in old-school clothes at one point in the prologue.

Servo skulls are what we would today consider drones, but the Imperium doesn't call them drones. What does the Imperium call them?
...Servo-skulls? Or Familiars (along with all the pets and robots that stick to your ass), if they're helping one certain person.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: August 29, 2016, 01:00:56 pm »

Ye, next to the vases and shit. Also, there is a painting of the creator himself in old-school clothes at one point in the prologue.
This reminds me of a painting that is actually above me at this very moment. My Great Uncle had a painting of him made that show him as Don Quixote, but he was actually just a regula8r banker. The text on the painting says in Spanish "Even if it's not true, it's well-made,"

I wish we were allowed to fund this. The few issues I've seen could be easily patched up, and I hope they do patch them up because honestly the biggest sin is that sometimes stuff periodically detract from how fucking amazing this shit looks. How long is the whole thing?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: August 29, 2016, 02:12:34 pm »

This reminds me of a painting that is actually above me at this very moment. My Great Uncle had a painting of him made that show him as Don Quixote, but he was actually just a regular banker. The text on the painting says in Spanish "Even if it's not true, it's well-made,"
That is amazing.
As though my mind has been blown.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: August 29, 2016, 04:02:30 pm »

How long is the whole thing?
I think the main video is slated to be 20 minutes long.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: August 29, 2016, 04:08:21 pm »

The best we can probably hope for is that GWS views it as a test case of the viability of an in-house 40k movie. They've tried it before but that was in the pre-CGI era.

At the very least I'd hope they take visual detail hints from his work. The guy really knows how to pack a scene with everything EMPRAH.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6089 on: August 29, 2016, 05:16:49 pm »

How long is the whole thing?
I think the main video is slated to be 20 minutes long.
I honestly feel like that it might be longer, since the prologue is like 8 minutes and it didin't touch on the storyline that was supposed to be in AT ALL. So, either they changed everything completly, or it will be much, much longer.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 824