Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965560 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Well I think that conveyed the horror of being attacked by jet assault infantry in a way I've never seen before. Imagine being charged by a whole squadron of them. Tiny specks in the horizon turning into 3m tall battle tanks aimed directly at landing on your torso's bones and squishy bits.

I really got the whole 'my angel is my enemy's demon' vibe from it all too. Imperial Guardsmen getting rekt, pray for deliverance. Blood Angels arrive, Tau get rekt faster than they can say for the greater good.

Also I don't know how intentional that was, that it ended up playing out like a typical imperial strategy. Lure the fire warriors into difficult terrain by presenting them with Imperial Guardsmen hunkered down in cover, requiring the fire warriors to approach closer to fully eradicate the entrenched imperial guard. Once they are fully engrossed in the difficult terrain and cannot retreat effectively nor utilize their superior range, engage CQC with orbital deployment of spehss mahrin
The imperial baitmen

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I believe the Codex Astartes calls that maneuver STEEL RAIN
Memes aside that was a cool watch.  The space marines still remind me a lot of Spartans in Halo.  Particularly that angel/demon thing you mentioned.  Humanity's best soldiers sacrifice themselves to tie up the enemy, then cheer as the enemy gets wrecked by humanity's demigods.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

That had to be made in engine from something; the textures are pretty bad when close up. Really reminds me of the DoW engine for some reason.
It's Source Filmmaker. The models are Joazzz Space Marine ones, screw that, those are actually only the old wraithcat ports and Tau models ported from... somewhere. I don't understand why anyone would not use Joazzz models since they're free to use and of much, much better quality (and have a lot of details you can choose from), but yes, this is in fact, part DoW models, part Space Marine models, part custom-made and so on.
Also, I think the effects were taken from Exterminatus: The Rival Species 2. They were available on Workshop for long time now.
EDIT:
What bothers me though, is that the Guardsman made the regular praying hands thing instead of Imperial Aquilla. :/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:34:46 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

That had to be made in engine from something; the textures are pretty bad when close up. Really reminds me of the DoW engine for some reason.
It's Source Filmmaker. The models are Joazzz Space Marine ones, the old wraithcat Imperial Guardsmen ports and Tau models ported from... somewhere. But yes, this is in fact, part DoW models, part Space Marine models, part custom-made and so on.
Also, I think the effects were taken from Exterminatus: The Rival Species 2. They were available on Workshop for long time now.

CALLED IT!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
THIS IS THE SOUND OF THE IMPERIAL VICTORY
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SLY MAAARRRBBOOO!!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I believe the Codex Astartes calls that maneuver STEEL RAIN
Memes aside that was a cool watch.  The space marines still remind me a lot of Spartans in Halo.  Particularly that angel/demon thing you mentioned.  Humanity's best soldiers sacrifice themselves to tie up the enemy, then cheer as the enemy gets wrecked by humanity's demigods.
Yeah it's a shame how the fluff doesn't show how scary spehss mahrin can be loads of the time, since they're usually protecting humans from things worse. I think it's neat in the HH stuff where you have space marines encountering humans who haven't drunk the imperial juice yet and they're piss terrified by these 9ft tall demigods with eyes glowing on deathmasks and bolters blaring

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Piss would never actually want to be a space marine.  He likes his humanity too much to ascend it.  and his willy.  He likes that.

But I would be completely okay with a military life.  Or service along those lines.

Actually, the scariest part of 40k is that Id -we'd- all likely be just some scrub menial.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Speak for yourself. I'm gunning for weaponized servitor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Are you kidding?

We're on b12, we'd all be protocultists. Not actual chltists, not most of us, but the sort of group that has just odd enough behavior to become cultists a few generations down.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Probably Tzeentchian.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I think Kot would have opinions on this.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you kidding?

We're on b12, we'd all be protocultists. Not actual chltists, not most of us, but the sort of group that has just odd enough behavior to become cultists a few generations down.

Speak for yourself. Im pretty sure im half genestealer.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I think Kot would have opinions on this.
Imperial Cult is a cult too!  And genestealer cults.  Cults for everyone!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NVm. Just took online quiz. Apparently im actually a grot that lived to the age of 13. So thats pretty good.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 824