Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965427 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #7995 on: January 14, 2017, 06:16:49 pm »

slaaneshmas? :/
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: January 14, 2017, 06:31:38 pm »

New TTS special.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: January 14, 2017, 07:16:11 pm »

New TTS special.

Welp, time to load up Soulstorm and set up a 4v4 team match, IG+SM+SoB+CSM vs Eldar+Tau+Orks+Dark Eldar.

EDIT: Dammit, trying to set up this match in Ultimate Apocalypse keeps crashing the game. It can't handle to awesome.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:05:21 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: January 15, 2017, 12:40:40 am »

New TTS special.

Welp, time to load up Soulstorm and set up a 4v4 team match, IG+SM+SoB+CSM vs Eldar+Tau+Orks+Dark Eldar.

EDIT: Dammit, trying to set up this match in Ultimate Apocalypse keeps crashing the game. It can't handle to awesome.
Okay wow, I really want to try something like that now.  Though, some of that is uh..  I'd rather do:
IG+SM+SoB+Eldar vs Chaos+Ork+Necron+DE
IE, Space Hulk style :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: January 17, 2017, 01:10:20 pm »

New TTS special.

Slaaneshmas is .... a trap.

chaos isnt about 'human' or 'formerly human' or 'species', it transcends that.  There is no racial analogue within the human species to describe chaos.  Its not 'savage barbarians from the north' or 'bloody tribesmen of africastrailia', its literally the embodiments of Rape, Destruction, Famine, and Lies.

You arent fighting humans turned sour, youre fighting eternal forces of the universe who have as minions humans turned sour.  Thats like having a 'redshirt day' where all the redshirts and heroes are somehow equal.

Its as they said, a deception to make the inevitable stab in the arse more emotional to gain more foods.  An force of order always loses more from a temporary ceasefire than one of disorder.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: January 17, 2017, 01:31:10 pm »

Chaos does have a special taste for humans, though. Humans are not only very numerous and easily corrupted, but they're also one of the most psychically active of the younger species of the galaxy, with some having potential to rival and even surpass the eldar. Plus, corrupting humans is one of the more direct ways to strike at the emperor, which is the biggest threat to chaos in the galaxy.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8001 on: January 17, 2017, 02:57:41 pm »

Currently the only species left that are tastier than humans for Chaos are the eldar or the old ones, who are both very hard to get a hold of. I'm sure if Chaos could farm eldar without Slaanesh eating all of them they'd try it

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: January 17, 2017, 03:11:40 pm »

I sincerely hope GW don't end up blowing the Miliky Way and sending everyone to a blatant nordic mythology realm where the Emperor is awaiting for all his subjects and there's stupid planes and bubbles and what not, resulting in the Emperor being Sigmar too. With Ultramarines on top of it and every cool human or regular character being somehow secretively a perpetual.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:20:00 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: January 17, 2017, 03:13:10 pm »

Currently the only species left that are tastier than humans for Chaos are the eldar or the old ones, who are both very hard to get a hold of. I'm sure if Chaos could farm eldar without Slaanesh eating all of them they'd try it
I'm not so sure about that. The Eldar successfully fended off the predation of Chaos for a million years. It's exactly why Chaos was so interested in stopping the Emperor, because if humanity were to evolve to become a stable psychic race like the Eldar they could fight back effectively. It's a bit harder to corrupt someone when they can turn their inner eye to rest upon the soul's cradle and check for daemons. Not to mention daemons are probably somewhat more reluctant to fight people who can put them down for good by killing them in the Warp.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8004 on: January 17, 2017, 03:15:07 pm »

I sincerely hope GW don't end up blowing the Miliky Way and sending everyone to a blatant nordic mythology realm where the Emperor is awaiting for all his subjects and there's stupid planes and bubbles and what not, resulting in the Emperor being Sigmar too. With Ultramarines on top of it.
SIGMARINES
WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S FURY
AND ALSO THE OTHER EMPEROR'S FURY

I'm not so sure about that. The Eldar successfully fended off the predation of Chaos for a million years. It's exactly why Chaos was so interested in stopping the Emperor, because if humanity were to evolve to become a stable psychic race like the Eldar they could fight back effectively. It's a bit harder to corrupt someone when they can turn their inner eye to rest upon the soul's cradle and check for daemons. Not to mention daemons are probably a bit more reluctant to fight people who can put them down for good by killing them in the Warp.
Sure it's risky, but the Eldar have more psychic stuff per soul. Could be because they've lived longer and accrued more psychic stuff though?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: January 17, 2017, 03:49:26 pm »

The Eldar didn't exactly fend off the predations of Chaos for a million years, more they fended off the predation of what are considered to be bottom feeders by the standards of the Empyrean. Until humanity came along there were no daemons, the worst thing around was Enslavers, which are roughly on par with Heralds of the gods but waaaay less organised and entirely reliant on being able to find suitable victims, they can't run on their own power.

The gods are a far more directed force compared to the myriad minor warp predators the Eldar Empire had to contend with until the last 100,000 years or so of it's existence.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: January 17, 2017, 04:02:10 pm »

I sincerely hope GW don't end up blowing the Miliky Way and sending everyone to a blatant nordic mythology realm where the Emperor is awaiting for all his subjects and there's stupid planes and bubbles and what not, resulting in the Emperor being Sigmar too. With Ultramarines on top of it and every cool human or regular character being somehow secretively a perpetual.
Trazyn is a perpetual. Just you wait.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: January 17, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »

Well, also, Eldar had their own gods.

Current gods are Humanity's gods. They were almost all created by humanity, after all, and it would be rather odd to believe that in the millions of years of the Eldar's existence, there were no wars or massacres large enough to trigger Khorne existing, while the Mongols managed to set him off, unless the psychic energy of the Eldar was feeding something else, which happened to be on less genocidal/parasitic terms with their followers.

Actually, kinda wonder if the Chaos Gods would 'evolve' to be less horrific if they had control/just sorta were, rather than the galaxy constantly being at war and feeding negative energy. Kinda like how parasites that only spread through heritability quickly become symbiotes due to their reliance on the success of the host.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: January 17, 2017, 04:12:40 pm »

Well, the warp is just the empyrean, IE the realm of souls, just fucked up and turned into a huge bug chaser psycho rapist occultist dweeb because the galaxy has been in a huge no holds barred clusterwarfuck for the last couple eons.

If the galaxy somehow became a butterfly filled garden filled with orks in dapper suits exchanging pleasantries with humans and their eldar boyfriends, while their tau butlers served them mead and all the other aliens danced around them, I'm sure the chaos gods and the warp would be far easier to swallow, even if slightly less phallic. The problem is that shit got so terrible that the warp became an engine perpetuating what caused it to become the warp in the first place, into a perpetual engine of pure fuckery that produces as much fuel as it consumes.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: January 17, 2017, 04:16:23 pm »

Current gods are Humanity's gods. They were almost all created by humanity, after all, and it would be rather odd to believe that in the millions of years of the Eldar's existence, there were no wars or massacres large enough to trigger Khorne existing, while the Mongols managed to set him off, unless the psychic energy of the Eldar was feeding something else, which happened to be on less genocidal/parasitic terms with their followers.
That's something I like about Slaanesh, that it's specifically of both races.  Khorne and Khaine are very distinct (though...  I never realized how similar their names are.  Still, they're very clearly separate entities)

They don't even have a Tzeentch equivalent.  Which is ironic.  I'd say they only made gods of notable things, instead of a god of "being Eldar", but it's not like that stopped the God Emperor.

While Nurgle and the goddess of healing have certain things in common.

I know very little about Ynnead (Eldar death) and Malal (Human destruction).  The latter being completely ignored, the earlier being obscure I think.

Whereas the Laughing God is almost literally Coyote, heheh.  Tricksters survive.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 824