Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971199 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8235 on: February 03, 2017, 04:07:28 pm »

I  have a bunch of original Space Marines (not the forge world ones, the original originals, in box and stuff).
Should I paint once I'm experienced, or is that a crime?
thincake

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: February 03, 2017, 04:10:18 pm »

I  have a bunch of original Space Marines (not the forge world ones, the original originals, in box and stuff).
Should I paint once I'm experienced, or is that a crime?

Depends. They would probably fetch a very pretty price on Ebay if the boxes are in good condition and the shrink wrap is still on them.

Otherwise I'd paint that shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: February 03, 2017, 04:21:50 pm »

(Not 100% sure if posted yet, but don't think so.)

So, you know how the 'Fall of Cadia' was the first installment of the current plot-advancing event called 'The Gathering Storm'? There is some teaser info on the next part, called 'Fracture of Biel-Tan'
The Gathering Storm: Fracture of Biel-Tan teaser (mostly showing of some models).

These Ynnead figs have a decidedly Slaaneshi feel to them...

Some more (spoilery, be warned) info:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/40k-fracture-biel-tan-details.html

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: February 03, 2017, 04:30:33 pm »

The teaser info has gone pretty far beyond that already.

Vect is opposed to Ynncarne, the avatar of Ynnead. GW even released a quote from him saying that dying is the dumbest way to defeat your enemies. He may be getting a model, no one knows for sure.

Ynncarne, Belisarius Cawl and Saint Celestine are reviving Guillemann and getting him back to full health to rejoin the Ultramarines. He is getting a model, and it looks pretty meh from what I've seen of it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: February 03, 2017, 04:35:51 pm »

How many primarchs are even still feasibly alive?

I can count at least a handful of them from either side of reality, but ... i mean theres still going to be headless marines around.  And primarchs are still capable of downing whole squads of SMs right?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: February 03, 2017, 04:43:48 pm »

Guillemann, Vulkan, Corax, Russ, the Lion and the Khan are all still alive or MIA on the loyalist side.

Angron, Magnus, Mortarion, Fulgrim, Perturabo and Lorgar are all Daemon Princes, with Omegon hiding, on the chaos side.

Only a few are dead, Kurze had his head cut off in front of his Legion and taken as a trophy by the Assassinorum, Ferrus Manus also had his head cut off and it was given to Horus as a present, Dorn died fighting Iron Warriors and his body is preserved and in the custody of the Imperial Fists, Sanguinus was of course killed by Horus, who was in turn killed by the Emperor.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: February 03, 2017, 04:47:24 pm »

Ynncarne, Belisarius Cawl and Saint Celestine are reviving Guillemann and getting him back to full health to rejoin the Ultramarines. He is getting a model, and it looks pretty meh from what I've seen of it.
Oh my fucking god. Matt Ward is finally going to do it. He's going to roleplay as the Spiritual Liege.
How many primarchs are even still feasibly alive?
Daemon Princes: Fulgrim, Angron, Lorgar, Moritarion, Perturabo, Magnus

Definitely Alive: Gulilliman, Lion El'Johnson

Probably Alive: Corvus, Khan, Russ

Possibly Alive: Alpharius/Omegon, Vulkan, Rogal Dorn

Probably Dead: Ferrus Manus, Sanguinius, Konrad Curze

Deleted: Horus, II, XI
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: February 03, 2017, 04:48:24 pm »

Oh, and Cypher is also getting a new model and siding with the Imperium.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: February 03, 2017, 04:50:58 pm »

I swear to you, Horus will come back! :P

The law of pointless drama demands it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: February 03, 2017, 06:21:24 pm »

I swear to you, Horus will come back! :P

The law of pointless drama demands it.
https://youtu.be/lYfCb8D1JVo?t=1m26s
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: February 03, 2017, 06:29:58 pm »

He was deleted, as said earlier, right?

Now, should some powerful entity decide to take the soul of 'random guy 1^23', they could reincarnate him or at least make him a demon, right?

Or is getting consumed for lulz or so that a demon can be formed the best we can hope for?  I seem to recall reading somewhere that most summonings/demons who are made by sacrifice or from the souls of things require the soul itself to perish.  As in its not that person being turned into a demon, its a demon eating you like a parasite.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: February 03, 2017, 06:33:23 pm »

No. You can resurrect the dead with daemonic powers, but there's nothing left of Horus, he's beyond dead.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: February 03, 2017, 07:16:14 pm »

There's a strong implication that souls cannot normally die, but certain psychic powers make an exception and actually annihilate them.

All that being eaten by a daemon actually does is strip your soul of power and cohesion, making you come apart in the Warp and just be part of it's flow. If someone or something adds power to your soul it reforms and can get crammed into a body again, or just exist in the Warp.

So say a random schmuck gets killed by a Daemonette and his soul consumed, he disperses into the Warp and his personality stops existing unless Slaanesh chooses to leave enough power in him to keep him together. If Slaanesh decides not to they can still reform him later if they want. Certain technologies, like Ghost Engines, can imbue enough energy to reform his soul and ask it questions or make it do stuff, and in theory with enough power they could give the soul enough energy to make a new body the way DEldar can, or the gods can just flat out resurrect the guy.

None of this works for Horus because he wasn't just killed and subsumed into the Warp, he was vaporised on a spiritual level.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8248 on: February 03, 2017, 08:18:04 pm »

TBH, the figures don't really look that Slanneshi (not enough exposed tits and pink) to me, but definitely... chaotic. Corrupted, in some way. There is definitely a lot more to the Gathering Storm it seems. Honestly, as long as the original Wh40k isin't moved a lot, I actually like the way it's going now. I wonder where it will all go.
Also, Archmagos Belissarius Cawl, Inquisitor Greyfax, Marius Amalrich, Saint Celestine, Gulilliman, Creed, Eldrad, Abaddon, Trazyn The Infinite, Visarch, Yvraine, the Ynncarne and Vect, Grand Master Voldus of Grey Knights, Cypher who wants to get to Terra... they all suddenly start to get shit done. Is Warhammer 40k becoming Nobledark?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: February 03, 2017, 08:18:34 pm »

Pretty sure Sanguinius is confirmed dead. Unless you're saying he exists as some sort of spiritual force that occasionally interacts with people. Never seen that though, not even James Swallow's masturbatory BA fiction.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 824