Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965386 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: No Such Thing As A Free Bolter, But Heresy's Everywhere!
« Reply #9060 on: September 09, 2017, 11:10:25 am »

Cool cool, but you might want to throw up a link to the game itself. If you're gonna shill, might as well go the full monty!

Since Tack isn't on, I'll slap it here.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: September 09, 2017, 11:22:49 am »

But it was Casual.
Links aren't casual.

Also Konor made me less interested after finding out that "Montymon" isn't even being released until after it's finished.
How blatant can you get?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: September 09, 2017, 04:13:20 pm »

Currently low on motivation and finding it hard to focus on mini stuff, but I figured I'd share the basic idea of what the chest of the boneletter will be like.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm still trying to work out a waist for it. I've got skeleton horse necks from black knights that will make a decent lower spine with some knifework, but I can't settle on an idea for the actual pelvis and upper thigh. Sorely tempted to be lazy and just slap a ghost body on the bottom half, but I know I'd regret it later.

Also thinking about the idea of a scorpion tail made of skulls strung along a thick wire ending in a plaguebearer skull to serve as a stinger, and adding a bloodletter tongue to the head skull to be the only organic coloured part of the mini.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: September 16, 2017, 11:13:07 pm »

There's another TTS podcast up.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: September 16, 2017, 11:14:53 pm »

Thank you!  Youtube is all "whatever" so who knows when I'd have found out.
(It's not ItEHaTTSD), but it's still Brujah.  And his friends.  They haven't failed me yet.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:17:03 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9065 on: September 17, 2017, 11:37:56 am »

There's another TTS podcast up.
I think Uriah made some pretty spicy arguments

Also I pose a question. You find out you have 5 minutes to pick a choas god to serve otherwise your whole planet gets nom'd by nids. The patron choas god you pick will save your planet at the cost of turning it into a choas world aligned with their sphere. Which do you pick?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Asshole chicken god seems pretty banterous imo. I like the story where one of his feral world servants was taken up by chaos spehss mahrines and inducted as a spess marine who later became a Champion of Tzeentch who achieved momentous & great things before falling in glorious battle against the skelebones imperials, but then had a vision that he was actually still just a feral worlder but was turning into a chaos spawn and as a mercy was shown a vision of exactly what the feral worlder wanted, and so in his dying moments could no longer figure out which vision was the true one - the spehss marhin or chaos spawn vision. Asshole chicken god seems like the kinda god that ensures everyone gets dicked and rewarded in equal measure simultaneously

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: September 17, 2017, 01:51:38 pm »

I think every god rewards and dicks you over in equal measure. Slaanesh, literally, Nurgle let's you live for ever, but with tumors and more besides, and Khorne gives you the chance to take what's owed you from the universe.

I'd pick Khorne. You live or die by your own choices, your own initiative. Your victories and defeats are your own.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: September 17, 2017, 01:52:48 pm »

Khorne! He believes that all humans are created equally, provides opportunity to succeed to anyone who seeks it, and upholds justice! Unlike the others, all who follow Khorne are united under a common banner!
Cheating Sorcerers aren't allowed, and only those who can put up a good fight should be slaughtered.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: September 17, 2017, 02:00:39 pm »

Khorne! He believes that all humans are created equally, provides opportunity to succeed to anyone who seeks it, and upholds justice! Unlike the others, all who follow Khorne are united under a common banner!
Cheating Sorcerers aren't allowed, and only those who can put up a good fight should be slaughtered.

Yup common banner alright, lets see how much you have in common with Kharn.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: September 17, 2017, 02:06:05 pm »

If we have a common enemy? Quite a lot. And guess what? We ALWAYS have a common enemy.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: September 17, 2017, 02:08:51 pm »

Khorne cares not from where the blood flows, only that it flows.

Frankly the simplicity appeals to me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: September 17, 2017, 02:16:09 pm »

The chaos gods are all distinctly unpleasant to serve, but I'd say Tzeentch and Nurgle leave you the most unchanged mentally, the trade off being you need to be of the right mindset to serve them in the first place while Khorne and Slaanesh will just warp your mind into their preferred form.

They dick over everyone but actual boons are rare, so the question is who is the most likely to not dick you over horribly or is most likely to give you a useful boon.

Khorne is more or less automatically out sadly as he only views people as warriors or as slaves/victims for those warriors. Unless you're willing to beat people to death with their own babies you're unlikely to do well with Khorne, and I say that as a Khorne player on tabletop.

Slaaneshi cults can spend centuries doing nothing but getting their hedonism on, but the mind warping effects of Slaanesh worship make it questionable if you really remain 'you' for long. Nice enough if you like drugs, whips and chains, dubstep and deranged pleasures no man should know. You may die as part of a blood orgy, but you'll probably die smiling.

Tzeentch cults can likewise spend ages doing little beyond plotting and low grade violence, but unless you get put into a position of political power or become a very powerful sorcerer your actual quality of life is going to remain the same or get worse. Add on the slow build of paranoia and ambition and things rarely end well for the average cultist, especially if the bossman wants some volunteers for experiments and rituals.

Nurgle warps you the most physically, but leaves you reasonably intact mentally. His cults are relatively active, so a bad choice if you mind hurting people. You do get to ignore most ill effects of illness and injury, but it's more as a result of ignoring or embracing pain than not feeling it. Your life becomes a drudging thing of low grade unpleasantness between wars made better only by your friends and family who also serve Nurgle and the temporary relief of symptoms from things like scratching rashes or popping boils.

I'd really rather get a bolt shell to the head than actually serve one, but if I had to choose I'd pick Nurgle or Tzeentch. Both suck from the normal perspective, but at least there's a chance of a long life without major psychological changes to my mind.

If we have a common enemy? Quite a lot. And guess what? We ALWAYS have a common enemy.

Kharn kills hundreds of his own mortal cultists every time there's not an active battle, and murders entire squads of berzerkers out of bored bloodlust. Everyone is an enemy to him except possibly Angron. He only tolerates other Khornates and chaos followers because he appreciates that he needs some of them around to facilitate the Long War. It's literally part of his mechanics that he kills his own men in battle.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: September 17, 2017, 03:59:13 pm »

You guys are missing the fallback:  chaotic neutral.

Chaos undivided yo.  All four of the gods represent unsustainable practices and ideologies.  All four are selfish entities that are capable of limited cooperation.  Worship them all by worshiping none.  Elect a leader or council thereof, and have them decide what the populace needs.  Cater to the gods as your needs change, and keep your own people under centralized authority and in relative ignorance.  Use a secret police disguised as a moral authority to police the peoples, and use police forces to police the other police forces.

With enough people and resources, you should be able to offer enough to placate the individual gods while offering enough security to protect your gains. kind of like the imperium
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: September 17, 2017, 04:23:58 pm »

Alternatively, prepare yourself to die in glorious battle with tyranids, as the emperor intended.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: September 17, 2017, 05:35:30 pm »

You guys are missing the fallback:  chaotic neutral.

Chaos undivided yo.  All four of the gods represent unsustainable practices and ideologies.  All four are selfish entities that are capable of limited cooperation.  Worship them all by worshiping none.  Elect a leader or council thereof, and have them decide what the populace needs.  Cater to the gods as your needs change, and keep your own people under centralized authority and in relative ignorance.  Use a secret police disguised as a moral authority to police the peoples, and use police forces to police the other police forces.

With enough people and resources, you should be able to offer enough to placate the individual gods while offering enough security to protect your gains. kind of like the imperium

The gods cannot be placated like that. Abaddon tried it, Archaon tried it. The gods do not like Chaos Undivided. They send daemons and appoint champions specifically to overthrow the unaligned who gain power. Abaddon and Archaon never lose these challenges but those challenges are still made. The Word Bearer's are an anomaly and even then still have the gods pulling them in all directions and encouraging infighting.

The only refuge from the gods trying to brute force you into serving one is to be stronger than anything they can afford to throw at you, which is a fight that ultimately never ends.

You can't bribe the gods, you can either pledge yourself to them for scraps or be strong enough to take what they offer and spit in their eye when they ask for servitude in return.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 824