Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971176 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I dunno, the lanky/emaciated look struck me as exactly the kind of "unconventional beauty" Slaaneshi worship eventually ends up at. It's all about the extremes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It'd be fairly simple to turn them into 40k cats. Plague cat needs to look happy to see you to be nurgle cat, make famine cat's skin taught and their whiskers straight and they're perfect slaanesh cat, war cat is already perfect khorne cat while a colour swap on death cat to blue makes them bretty good tzeentch cat

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I imagine a Slaanesh cat would be split down the middle with one half furry one half bald (or not bald as such, Sphinx cats have really short hair) to reflect the androgyny Slaanesh favours and the duality of pleasure and pain. Same way Daemons of Slaanesh have one large breast and one flat one.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Tzeentchcat would be the one I'd split half and half as being two-headed is their motif, while I always thought Slaanesh made pain & pleasure a singularity while splitting them half & half ruins their symmetry

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

slaanesh is the artist of the gods..

one thing about them is that their worshipers need  boundaries to be disfunctional.  Art tends to begin and end abruptly.  Its form varies, but the artist defines art to stand apart from the surrounding.

Slaanesh cannot have greater and greater depravity without greater and greater definition.  While no God of order, slaanesh is about boundaries [even if its just to cross them], wheras Khorne has none, nurgle's are poorly defined, and zteench makes short disruptions to a boundary.

slaanesh is the most likely, in my head cannon, to have stark contrasts
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

one thing about them is that their worshipers need  boundaries to be disfunctional.  Art tends to begin and end abruptly.  Its form varies, but the artist defines art to stand apart from the surrounding.

Slaanesh cannot have greater and greater depravity without greater and greater definition.  While no God of order, slaanesh is about boundaries [even if its just to cross them], wheras Khorne has none, nurgle's are poorly defined, and zteench makes short disruptions to a boundary.

There is no doubt a civil war between Slaaneshi postmodernists and Slaaneshi realists exists, but I will say this about the realists; they get gym clothes and vaporwave, the Slaaneshi postmodernists veer on the territory of the Lord of Change Tzeentch. Thus I think the postmodernists must be a colab between the Prince of Excess and the Lord of Change

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

There is no doubt a civil war between Slaaneshi postmodernists and Slaaneshi realists exists, but I will say this about the realists; they get gym clothes and vaporwave, the Slaaneshi postmodernists veer on the territory of the Lord of Change Tzeentch. Thus I think the postmodernists must be a colab between the Prince of Excess and the Lord of Change

That’s funny. Because even though the chaos gods hate each other, they all REALLY hate Slaanesh. Mostly because he/she/it killed/devoured/raped all of the Eldar Gods, some of which were aspects, or at least on working terms with the Dark Gods
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Also I guess they cant get any Eldar souls cause Slaanesh killfucked almost all of them and the remnants all go to Her/Him or sit in a soulgem
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Yeah. Khaine and Khorne were obviously bros, Nurgle is stil mad at Slaanesh for messing with his Waugh Isha, and If I recall correctly Tzeentch and the Crone weren’t overly mad at each other
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm having issues with this, because the Eldar gods and the Chaos gods definitely were not 'friends' or even 'on working terms'.
Everyone 'hates' slaanesh only because he's new. Khorne HATES Slaanesh because he (and only he) wanted to be the one to kill Khaine. That's less to do with 'working relationship' and more to do with a notion of honor/proving their strength. Khorne then did kill Khaine so it's all G but still, not good blood there.

Isha wasn't Nurgle's 'waugh'. He saw an opportunity to grab a 'waugh' and he took it. Slaanesh was that opportunity. Their realms are literally anathema to eachother.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The gods can be divided on several lines.

Age/established power has Tzeentch and Khorne allied against Nurgle and Slaanesh.

Magic has Tzeentch opposed to Khorne. Nurgle opposes Slaanesh on aesthetic and artistic grounds. Nurgle hates Tzeentch because Hope vs Despair. Slaanesh hates Khorne because of martial ascetism vs decadence.

Repeat above infinitely. Under the right circumstances they all hate and tolerate each other, will all gang up on each other and all backstab each other. K vs S and N vs T are just the two most consistent hatreds.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Less hope v despair and more change v stagnation but yeah i’d agree to that.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When the spheres of influence of each god are so large, it's inevitable one aspect is going to stand in direct opposition to something from each of the others. Tzeentch v. Nurgle, Change vs. Stagnation, as an alternate example. As above. At this point the motives of the gods are all open to interpretation, or what form what takes. (Nurgle could alternatively be seen, and has been seen, as not stagnation but proliferation, where one death creates 1,000,000 new lives in the form of bacteria and insects. It could even be argued that Nurgle embraces the elements of change, where a living thing is killed and a maggot grows on its skin to hatch into a blowfly which carries a disease to a new host.) Is a Slaaneshi worshipper any less martial because they're caught up in the thrill of battle rather than the act of it? Is a Khornate berzerker any less decadent when they revel in bloodshed, a bloodlust if you will, until they're blood drunk?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 11:28:40 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Chaos SM dreadnaughts seem kind of unrealistic, if you will.

Dreadnaughts are supposed to be born of dedication and willingness to serve, even if in practice there exist wary and reluctant ones.  Chaos can force people or demons to do things like inter themselves permanently into a box, but it seems more like them to give it to a human or actually inter a demon into it or something.

just, why, when you could just make alternative arrangements?  In the imperium it makes . . . a little more sense, lorewise.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couple instances that make sense.

1. Punishment.
2. Torture.
3. The Dreadnought's existence predates their fall to Chaos, so Chaos seeped in an made a Chaos Dreadnought.
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 824