Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965245 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Yeah, freezing dudes in place would have been much more useful back when they had the autocannon.

Also I thought it was just a cracked lens on first pass but I think that sergeant might have had blood shoot from his eye which can't have felt great.
Yeah I think his left eye's burst open

I do like how Astartes shows why CQC is so prominent in 40k. At range autocannons, multilasers and even lasguns pose a threat to space marines, but up close the only guardsman who got remotely close to taking down a space marine was the one with the melta bomb who made it within three paces of a space marine before getting knifed. And the psykers go toe to toe with the astartes easily enough at range but can't deal with CQC, being squishy humans and all - a single one of them is enough to take down two tactical marines at range, but it takes two of them to hold back one in CQC

Is there any route for Dark Eldar to rejoin the craftworlds?  Perhaps even add their souls into the wraithbone symphony?
Not really
A DE joining a craftworld would have to radically change their life, get soulstones, abandon their way of excessive suffering & adopt an aspect all before Slaanesh eats their soul. Possible but extremely unlikely

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

So...  there is a chance.

Failure means especially vindictive digestion by Slaanesh.
But if I can beg my way into a soulstone, perhaps by leveraging the fact I'm Eldar and there are damn few left, I have a shot at """salvation""" in the wraithbone network.

I mean, it's better than being digested by the deity of agony.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could take a trip to a croneworld to bag a few soulstones. That'll make the rest of it easier.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...  there is a chance.

Failure means especially vindictive digestion by Slaanesh.
But if I can beg my way into a soulstone, perhaps by leveraging the fact I'm Eldar and there are damn few left, I have a shot at """salvation""" in the wraithbone network.

I mean, it's better than being digested by the deity of agony.

Sure, but what's wrong with (comparatively) good honest piracy? Or Ludditism? The latter even has a planetbound infinity circuit equivalent (and riding dinosaurs.) Why Craftworlds exclusively?

Come to think of it, there's the Harlequins, too.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

There's a non-craftworld soulmesh which offers succor from They Who ThiRst?
Piracy is fun and all, but insurance from... Them, is priceless.

Life as a Harlequin actually sounds pretty good, too.  Dancing the eternal stories, playing out the great battles, for the eternity of our great lifespans.  Or until we displease the laughing god.

Again, better than letting the deity of excess affix us to an I Have No Math And I Must Scream scenario.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

Being a DEldar involves living in close proximity with DEldar, which is pretty much the worst idea in the entire setting. It would be amusing to follow the story of a dark eldar who realized that it's actually safer to trust and depend on other people than it is to trust nobody and live in Commorragh.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a non-craftworld soulmesh which offers succor from They Who ThiRst?
Piracy is fun and all, but insurance from... Them, is priceless.

Exodites, yeah. The World Spirit is like an Infinity Circuit made of of ley lines or something.

Corsairs are just the furthest extension of same general rumspringa from Craftworld regimentation as the Outcasts and Rangers, so they're still notionally Aeldari and still use spirit stones.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I think Eldar who die on a craftworld get absorbed into circuit, no stone required.
Couldn't be sure though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

I think Eldar who die on a craftworld get absorbed into circuit, no stone required.
Couldn't be sure though.

pretty sure the Infinity Circuit is a physical structure containing the soulstones of the craftworld's eldar, which have to be manually placed in there (When a group of eldar are killed on a mission sometimes their craftworld will send a followup mission to see if any of their soulstones were left intact, and recover them (and their souls) if so).
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah it's a big pillar of crystal in the heart of the Craftworld, though it kind of branches out through the rest of the superstructure as I understand it. It's used like a communal mausoleum. I think when they want to pull a spirit back out to put into a wraith construct it has to be removed in it's original soulstone.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couldn't be sure though.

You might be thinking of what happens to Farseers: eventually their bodies start shutting down, so they go to their craftworld's Dome of the Crystal Seers and autonomously transfer into the Infinity Circuit while their bodies ossify into statuary.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's the difference between a slab shield and a brute shield? One gives a 2+ armour save and the other a 4+ invulnerable save, but no indication of what the actual in-universe difference is.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would presume the Brute Shield includes a power shield generator of some kind, the shield looks like it has wiring similar to the kind found on power weapons on the front.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I would presume the Brute Shield includes a power shield generator of some kind, the shield looks like it has wiring similar to the kind found on power weapons on the front.

Possibly also known as a Suppresion Shield.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

If void shields can put energy into the warp why cant it also pull energy out?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 824