Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316737 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »

Skulls have been made much bigger now, going from [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20] in .34.11 to [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200] in .40.x

It also now has the PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE token and the CONNECTOR token.

Yeah, because otherwise skulls would be pulped at the slightest punch.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2014, 02:09:45 pm »

PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE is interesting to me. It stops the bodypart itself from pulpification?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2014, 02:23:10 pm »

PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE is interesting to me. It stops the bodypart itself from pulpification?
Heads can be pulped if they are targeted. I tested in arena by taking control of a human hammerman with a silver maul. Bash the head hard enough and it can explode into gore. PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE probably makes it so that parts connected to the part with the tag can be pulped independently of the "parent" part.

So, for example, attacking a creature's eye with a silver maul will pulp the eye, but not the entire head. I know, I tried. Also tried pulping the tongue, nose, and ear. Science concludes that I can wield a huge hammer with surgeon's precision in order to smash someone's eye into paste without harming the rest of the skull.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2014, 02:31:39 pm »

Heads can be pulped if they are targeted. I tested in arena by taking control of a human hammerman with a silver maul. Bash the head hard enough and it can explode into gore. PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE probably makes it so that parts connected to the part with the tag can be pulped independently of the "parent" part.

So, for example, attacking a creature's eye with a silver maul will pulp the eye, but not the entire head. I know, I tried. Also tried pulping the tongue, nose, and ear. Science concludes that I can wield a huge hammer with surgeon's precision in order to smash someone's eye into paste without harming the rest of the skull.
In July of 2014, Spehss_ became Chief Medical Dwarf of the Bay 12 Forums.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2014, 02:33:58 pm »

After repeated punches to the face, I can surely say skulls aren't tissue paper anymore.
They're more like a hardcover book.
It takes a while, but you can totally make a head explode into gore with a hard enough punch - if your foe is not conscious, use the harder, but slower, attacks.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2014, 02:47:27 pm »

Question about bodies (not limited to the new version);

Say I give an animal four legs, each with the [CATEGORY:LEG], and then give them

Code: [Select]
[BP:HOOF:hoof:hooves][CON_CAT:LEG][STANCE][CATEGORY:HOOF]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]

Will they have a hoof on each leg, or will it only be one hoof? Will the game automatically number/name them, or will they all just be listed as 'hoof'?

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2014, 03:03:09 pm »

Uhh... How do I go about creating a unicorn with a steel horn?

Looking at the tissue_template_default, I think that I'll just have to somewhere in the unicorn file specify that the material of the horn is to be steel, and then the tissue_template will grab that value and use it for the tissue?

How would I go about specifying that the horn should be steel?

What I tried so far is to simply change
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
to
[USE_MATERIAL:HORN:INORGANIC:HORN_UNICORN]

But when I killed and butchered the unicorn in the arena, it had no horn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2014, 03:06:01 pm »

Aha! Found this tidbit in the deer raws:

[VISION_ARC:50:310]  This is the binocular and non-binocular vision arcs.

Basically, the first number is the vision (I assume in degrees) cone size of the creature one one-eyed, second number when two-eyed.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2014, 03:06:46 pm »

Quick question: is it possible to make a reaction which requires a bucket with water in it, which would also have dwarves fill buckets with said water?  Sorry figured I'd ask quick.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2014, 03:08:42 pm »

Question about bodies (not limited to the new version);

Say I give an animal four legs, each with the [CATEGORY:LEG], and then give them

Code: [Select]
[BP:HOOF:hoof:hooves][CON_CAT:LEG][STANCE][CATEGORY:HOOF]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]

Will they have a hoof on each leg, or will it only be one hoof? Will the game automatically number/name them, or will they all just be listed as 'hoof'?
Should be a hoof on each leg, but they won't be named IIRC.

Aha! Found this tidbit in the deer raws:

[VISION_ARC:50:310]  This is the binocular and non-binocular vision arcs.

Basically, the first number is the vision (I assume in degrees) cone size of the creature one one-eyed, second number when two-eyed.
First number is the "red zone" when sneaking, second is the "yellow zone"

Looking at the tissue_template_default, I think that I'll just have to somewhere in the unicorn file specify that the material of the horn is to be steel, and then the tissue_template will grab that value and use it for the tissue?

to

But when I killed and butchered the unicorn in the arena, it had no horn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HORN:<a tissue made of steel you define>]
Here's an example tissue:
   [TISSUE:BLADE]
      [TISSUE_NAME:metal:NP]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
      [HEALING_RATE:200]
      [CONNECTS]
      [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2014, 03:13:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In July of 2014, Spehss_ became Chief Medical Dwarf of the Bay 12 Forums.

Uh, feel free to test science out yourselves guys, I'm not 100% certain that that's what the tag does.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2014, 03:21:38 pm »

Once a month or two has passed and most of the worst glitches have been fixed, this is gonna be so awesome!

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2014, 03:29:24 pm »

to

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HORN:<a tissue made of steel you define>]
Here's an example tissue:
   [TISSUE:BLADE]
      [TISSUE_NAME:metal:NP]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
      [HEALING_RATE:200]
      [CONNECTS]
      [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

Thank you, now it drops (Insert unicorn's name)'s horn steel, which is definitely progress. Is there any way for me to make it drop just "steel"?

Edit:
Spoiler: Current relevant raws (click to show/hide)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2014, 03:38:59 pm »

So I did the smart thing and deleted the PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE tag from the skull in body_rcp.txt, then tested in arena with a bronze colossus and kobold. The whole "crush a dude's eye with a punch without hurting the rest of his face" is due to a quirk of aiming attacks, not the PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE tag.

So I don't know what that tag does then. It'd be nice if Toady provided official documentation of what each tag in the raws does. Would be a lot of writing though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:41:59 pm by Spehss _ »

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2014, 03:39:40 pm »

You can also just use EBO tags (extra butcher objects) to drop whatever you feel like as an extra item upon butchering. An animal can drop a stone ladle if you want, without any connection to tissues.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 247