Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316686 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1050 on: September 11, 2014, 03:00:37 pm »

There was a very philosophical discussion in another thread on the nature, or lack thereof, of the dwarven buttocks. How would I mod one in?
So... the buttcheek would be a bodypart like EAR, but on upper leg. No you can't force it to be BEHIND the creature.

Here are some related bodyparts from a great mod:
(_protected variants so they're under armor. empirical testing reasons.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a fairly simple question; you see, along with making dwarves admire cars for their speed, I gave them the ability to use Great Axes and Pikes. Unfortunately, I embarked with a Great Axe, which can't cut down trees. I've checked the Battleaxe's RAWs, but I can't find what makes it able to chop wood.
It is probably the SKILL:AXE that grants tree-cutting. Or maybe there's a 'must be able to use axe one-handed' hidden requirement in the executable's code.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:05:14 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 11, 2014, 03:05:04 pm »

I have a fairly simple question; you see, along with making dwarves admire cars for their speed, I gave them the ability to use Great Axes and Pikes. Unfortunately, I embarked with a Great Axe, which can't cut down trees. I've checked the Battleaxe's RAWs, but I can't find what makes it able to chop wood.

OK, just realized that dwarves cannot equip Great Axes due to a bug. Any way to turn it into a Battleaxe without melting? I doubt it, but still...
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 11, 2014, 03:06:17 pm »

OK, just realized that dwarves cannot equip Great Axes due to a bug. Any way to turn it into a Battleaxe without melting? I doubt it, but still...

Your midgets are probably too tiny to lift the damn thing. Reduce the great axe's MINIMUM_SIZE stat to something below 60 thousand.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 11, 2014, 03:06:37 pm »

Perhaps have stone axe and stone pick available in mason's shop. Coz stone axes were a real thing in humanity's history.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #1054 on: September 11, 2014, 03:18:03 pm »

Confused by reagent separation:

If I want an item to be able to be made from different reagents, say iron or copper, do I simply put the standard regent reaction down like:

[REACTION:CRAFT_MEATHOOK]
[NAME:Craft Meathook]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:METAL:IRON]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NONE:METAL:COPPER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MEATHOOK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

Or is that telling the game that I need both Iron AND copper?

The latter. You want to use a reaction class instead.

Give both your iron and copper in inorganic_metal.txt the tag [REACTION_CLASS:hot damn meathooks]. Then, you use this as your reagent:

[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:hot damn meathooks]

Then it will look for a bar made from anything at all that has that specific reaction class attached to its material. In this case, nothing except iron or copper.

As an aside, you don't need to make a new reaction to get your weapon in. Just make sure the weapon itself works (it will appear in the Arena spawning list) and give your civilization the permission to have them in entity_default.txt. It will appear among all the rest in the weapon forging menu.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for this useful info, that makes things easier.

Cheers!

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 11, 2014, 04:19:03 pm »

There was a very philosophical discussion in another thread on the nature, or lack thereof, of the dwarven buttocks. How would I mod one in?
So... the buttcheek would be a bodypart like EAR, but on upper leg. No you can't force it to be BEHIND the creature.

Here are some related bodyparts from a great mod:
(_protected variants so they're under armor. empirical testing reasons.)

Hrm.. Not quite what I was going for, though it was a good jumping off point.

In the body plan, I made an additional limb that connects the lower body to the upper leg, which has no bones and excess fat.

This hit all requirements but the "required to stand". It was even covered by armor! The last requirement seems like a doozy, though. Any suggestions?

Edit:I would also like a "body part appearance modifier" (flat as a pancake -> ginormous). Are there quality RAWs?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:25:18 pm by Zarathustra30 »
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 11, 2014, 04:57:25 pm »

This is untrue. Look at HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS. Changing AROUND to BEHIND does as expected. The last number is amount (the percentage?) of the parent part covered by the other part.

This hit all requirements but the "required to stand". It was even covered by armor! The last requirement seems like a doozy, though. Any suggestions?
The motor nerves are cut off at the butt. Maybe add a little muscle underneath so they propagate properly?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 11, 2014, 05:35:51 pm »

Your midgets are probably too tiny to lift the damn thing. Reduce the great axe's MINIMUM_SIZE stat to something below 60 thousand.
Doh, sorry, didn't see that. Thanks.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 11, 2014, 05:43:22 pm »

Hidden arcane knowledge,
BP_RELATION: " Valid relation tokens are AROUND, SURROUNDED_BY, ABOVE, BELOW, IN_FRONT, BEHIND, CLEANS, and CLEANED_BY. "
BP_POSITION: " Valid position tokens are FRONT, BACK, SIDES, TOP and BOTTOM. "
in http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Body_detail_plan_token
(vanilla DF only uses AROUND and CLEANS!)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:46:56 pm by TomiTapio »

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 11, 2014, 06:55:26 pm »

The motor nerves are cut off at the butt. Maybe add a little muscle underneath so they propagate properly?

I thought that was what the "ARG3:25" in the b_detail_plan was doing. Is there something more I must add?
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 11, 2014, 07:24:16 pm »

I thought that was what the "ARG3:25" in the b_detail_plan was doing. Is there something more I must add?
Welp, wasn't paying enough attention :-[

After a third read through I wonder if having 2 connections in the BP is the problem? Every other part in HUMANOID_NECK, and seemingly the file, only have one. So maybe the second connection overrides the first?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 11, 2014, 07:36:07 pm »

yeah, stuff has only one connection.

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 11, 2014, 08:24:21 pm »

Welp, wasn't paying enough attention :-[

After a third read through I wonder if having 2 connections in the BP is the problem? Every other part in HUMANOID_NECK, and seemingly the file, only have one. So maybe the second connection overrides the first?

I think you guys were right. The CON overrides the CONTYPE, so the cheeks were only attached to the upper leg. Because it is not between a LOWERBODY and a STANCE armor doesn't cover it. I think the reason I thought it did is because of bug 1821. (I only tested with cloaks  :-[)

So, I'm back to square one. At least I won't be able to wrestle with my butt.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:57 pm »

What makes underground tribals poison their weapons, from a raw standpoint, and can I give it to the elves?  Is it just their own natural poison?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 11, 2014, 10:19:57 pm »

Poisoned weapons seem to be restricted to blowguns and not to any other ranged weapons (they don't poison javelins for example, until you give their parent weapon the BLOWGUN skill)
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 247