Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315514 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1035 on: September 07, 2014, 08:39:38 pm »

Is there any way to write raws to the effect of having a creature throw globs of the randomly evil weather materials (e.g. foul slush) as an interaction? I'm trying to create a race that poses a different threat level each game
Not that I know of. Could try the following: [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TURBOSUPERCLOAK:UNCOMMON], that would be be random per world gen. And somehow that armor would give super abilities to the civ.

Don't think there is similar rarity random for a civ's weapons (then could have vanilla DF whip aka blunt-through-any-armor).

Maybe... they ride turbosuperdangerous mounts (poison cloud) and not every world they have access to the same mounts. (I once had a rideable Gray Dragon, was a bit too strong when 20 dragons with enemy army...)

Try this: they throw a super very dangerous liquid/gas material, BUT they can do it extremely infrequently. But that is not per-worldgen randomness. Perhaps a rare caste, one in ten, that has the megapoison.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:43:56 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 08, 2014, 12:04:25 am »

Is there any way to write raws to the effect of having a creature throw globs of the randomly evil weather materials (e.g. foul slush) as an interaction? I'm trying to create a race that poses a different threat level each game - it could just give your dwarves blisters, or it could cause a skin-necrosis plague as dust spreads, or it could create thralls (uh-oh).
Aforementioned race would also have [MISCHEIVOUS], and otherwise behave very much like kobolds (smaller, frailer kobolds, but just as sneaky and TRAPAVOID-y), only attacking you if you let too many babies get stolen or items get pinched.
Just use INORGANIC:EVIL_CLOUD_1 etc, however it may bring weird results if you generate a world without evil clouds.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 08, 2014, 08:29:53 am »

Is there any way to write raws to the effect of having a creature throw globs of the randomly evil weather materials (e.g. foul slush) as an interaction? I'm trying to create a race that poses a different threat level each game - it could just give your dwarves blisters, or it could cause a skin-necrosis plague as dust spreads, or it could create thralls (uh-oh).
Aforementioned race would also have [MISCHEIVOUS], and otherwise behave very much like kobolds (smaller, frailer kobolds, but just as sneaky and TRAPAVOID-y), only attacking you if you let too many babies get stolen or items get pinched.
Just use INORGANIC:EVIL_CLOUD_1 etc, however it may bring weird results if you generate a world without evil clouds.
Unfortunately, I don't think that works any longer. We've at least determined that the procedural creatures are no longer available in 0.40.x, probably due to the changes in loading the game.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 10, 2014, 07:56:07 am »

Does anyone know a method to modify the site maps for Hamlets, Tree Cities, etc? I can't seem to find any relevant files from the RAW folder at least.

Now that the world activation is going on, I'd like to add shops to Elf settlements.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 10, 2014, 07:59:07 am »

Nobody does. The world generation is a teeny bit complicated to unravel.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1040 on: September 10, 2014, 09:19:54 am »

Does anyone know a method to modify the site maps for Hamlets, Tree Cities, etc? I can't seem to find any relevant files from the RAW folder at least.
Now that the world activation is going on, I'd like to add shops to Elf settlements.
The settlements are generated by code (procedural generation like Nethack), and we cannot change the code. (DFHack can change game data while the game is running, but I don't think there will be a save-hacking tool that adds buildings to existing towns.)
Expect Tree Cities to remain crap for a long while, like 1-2 years. Just make the elves have a type CITY settlement.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 10, 2014, 09:35:43 am »

From what I've read in the adventure threads I think there are some times shop trees in forest retreats, though the merchants may not necessarily be present :-\
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 10, 2014, 03:46:38 pm »

There a way to make a playable civ that doesn't appear in History? As in, to ensure your settlement is their first?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 10, 2014, 04:31:50 pm »

I think you can do that by making them carnivores. Not too sure though.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 11, 2014, 01:10:32 am »

There a way to make a playable civ that doesn't appear in History? As in, to ensure your settlement is their first?
No , but you could make the civs creature suicidally weak in world gen and alter them as appropriate after (ie world gen [MAXAGE:1:2], [CARNIVORE] if vegetarian civ, or remove the [MALE] [FEMALE] tags during gen so they don't breed and gen until old age death)

If you don't want to have to do constant raw editing you could [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:1] (I don't know how well a low MAX_POP_NUMBER would work) and put them somewhere dangerous like underground with CAVE_DETAILED. And if you don't want other races to keep the civ alive (by immigrating and such) put it somewhere that usually blocks civ access, like glaciers.

I sorta accidentally ended up with 1 dwarf civ in a world which was then destroyed by forgotten beasts before a single dwarf could emigrate, make hill dwarf places, or be kidnapped without intentional modding changes. So doing modding changes for it should make it the norm (peopleless civilizations).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 11, 2014, 03:59:40 am »

Nobody does. The world generation is a teeny bit complicated to unravel.
I feared as much. Oh well. Maybe it will be possible in the future.

DFHack can change game data while the game is running, but I don't think there will be a save-hacking tool that adds buildings to existing towns.
In theory you could make alterations to worldgen this way, but it would most likely be way too much effort for so little gain.

Just make the elves have a type CITY settlement.
Yes, this is what I ended up doing.

From what I've read in the adventure threads I think there are some times shop trees in forest retreats, though the merchants may not necessarily be present :-\
I've seen merchants (who refuse to trade), but not shops. Odd.

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 11, 2014, 02:49:00 pm »

There was a very philosophical discussion in another thread on the nature, or lack thereof, of the dwarven buttocks. How would I mod one in?

Requirements:
* Dwarves must have two distinct buttcheeks
* Required for standing, but not much else
* Covered by applicable armor
* Bolts must be able to be embedded in them
* If you chop off a leg, the gib would not be called "left buttcheek"
* Purely a RAW mod
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #1047 on: September 11, 2014, 02:50:34 pm »

Confused by reagent separation:

If I want an item to be able to be made from different reagents, say iron or copper, do I simply put the standard regent reaction down like:

[REACTION:CRAFT_MEATHOOK]
[NAME:Craft Meathook]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:METAL:IRON]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NONE:METAL:COPPER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MEATHOOK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

Or is that telling the game that I need both Iron AND copper?

And then to distinguish between materials, do I just copy the production line for reagent A, B, etc?

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 11, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »

I have a fairly simple question; you see, along with making dwarves admire cars for their speed, I gave them the ability to use Great Axes and Pikes. Unfortunately, I embarked with a Great Axe, which can't cut down trees. I've checked the Battleaxe's RAWs, but I can't find what makes it able to chop wood.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 11, 2014, 03:00:17 pm »

Confused by reagent separation:

If I want an item to be able to be made from different reagents, say iron or copper, do I simply put the standard regent reaction down like:

[REACTION:CRAFT_MEATHOOK]
[NAME:Craft Meathook]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:METAL:IRON]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NONE:METAL:COPPER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MEATHOOK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

Or is that telling the game that I need both Iron AND copper?

The latter. You want to use a reaction class instead.

Give both your iron and copper in inorganic_metal.txt the tag [REACTION_CLASS:hot damn meathooks]. Then, you use this as your reagent:

[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:hot damn meathooks]

Then it will look for a bar made from anything at all that has that specific reaction class attached to its material. In this case, nothing except iron or copper.

As an aside, you don't need to make a new reaction to get your weapon in. Just make sure the weapon itself works (it will appear in the Arena spawning list) and give your civilization the permission to have them in entity_default.txt. It will appear among all the rest in the weapon forging menu.

I have a fairly simple question; you see, along with making dwarves admire cars for their speed, I gave them the ability to use Great Axes and Pikes. Unfortunately, I embarked with a Great Axe, which can't cut down trees. I've checked the Battleaxe's RAWs, but I can't find what makes it able to chop wood.

It's just [SKILL:AXE] that does it. Your midgets are probably too tiny to lift the damn thing. Reduce the great axe's MINIMUM_SIZE stat to something below 60 thousand.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:04:04 pm by scamtank »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 247