Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316742 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1335 on: October 25, 2014, 09:53:22 pm »

I don't think anything like that exists, as having every single possible tag and removing what you don't want would probably double the time on modding creatures.

I suppose that does make sense.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 26, 2014, 02:09:42 am »

Is there a way to change ranged weapon damage? So far, the only thing I've found is the SHOOT_FORCE thing which (I think) only affects how likely the target is to be "propelled away by the force of the blow". There's also SHOOT_MAXVEL. I don't think it does anything except reduce the time it takes for the projectile to hit its target.
Since there's no way to reduce fire time I'll just give all ranged weapons absurdly high damage to make up for it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 26, 2014, 02:13:36 am »

Is there a way to meddle with the new emotions system?
._.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 26, 2014, 07:40:00 am »

Is there a way to change ranged weapon damage? So far, the only thing I've found is the SHOOT_FORCE thing which (I think) only affects how likely the target is to be "propelled away by the force of the blow". There's also SHOOT_MAXVEL. I don't think it does anything except reduce the time it takes for the projectile to hit its target.
Since there's no way to reduce fire time I'll just give all ranged weapons absurdly high damage to make up for it.

Define "damage". The crossbow's stats define how hard it slings the bolts (heavier ones going slower, lighter ones going faster up to the MAXVEL cap). The bolt's stats define the wounds it makes.

Hike the SHOOTFORCE and MAXVEL into immense numbers, that'll do the trick.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 26, 2014, 08:02:07 am »

Define "damage". The crossbow's stats define how hard it slings the bolts (heavier ones going slower, lighter ones going faster up to the MAXVEL cap). The bolt's stats define the wounds it makes.

Hike the SHOOTFORCE and MAXVEL into immense numbers, that'll do the trick.

Thanks, and I did, but what I kinda wanted to happen was the projectile go straight through whatever body part it hit. Insta-headshots, stuff like that. Hiking up the numbers only made enemies get "propelled away by the force of the blow" more often.

All this until I figure out how to get my adventurer to fire faster.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 26, 2014, 08:10:53 am »

Oh, and how to make them more accurate.

EDIT: And how to make them burn the tile they hit! Or explode in a pool of acid! Or magma! Or just explode! I really need to sleep.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:08:19 am by NoobKid »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 26, 2014, 12:26:09 pm »

>> go straight through whatever body part it hit

try high force weapon, very small (~5) contact area edged attack ammo.  i *think* that the ammo penetration stat on the ammo's attack matters too.

max_vel is less important than force, max_vel only puts a cap on the speed of lightweight (wood/bone) projectiles.  the force stat governs projectiles with any substantial mass.  read wiki for details.

>> Insta-headshots, stuff like that.

high force, large SIZE, small (~5 to 20) contact area ammo

>>  only made enemies get "propelled away by the force of the blow"

The shot has a chance to penetrate armor.  Or both, or neither.  "Only" propelling away by the force of the blow means you have plenty of force and probably need a better (material, size, attack stats) projectile.

>> Oh, and how to make them more accurate.

skilled dwarf

>> EDIT: And how to make them burn the tile they hit! Or explode in a pool of acid! Or magma! Or just explode! I really need to sleep.

It is possible using raw-only modding to put some basic syndromes on the arrow, but to have the kind of effects you're imagining you'll have to use DFHack.  There are  scripts to do the things you want (see ItemSyndrome and ProjectileExpansion), but I don't know the status for DF2014. 

PillarsOfSalt

• Bay Watcher
  • Bursting at the seams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 26, 2014, 01:34:23 pm »

Hey, new to the modding thing. How do I make my smiths produce foreign weapons? (Whips, mauls, longswords, etc)
This is a terrible embark that has turned into an awesome embark.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 26, 2014, 02:33:12 pm »

Since siege engines can't really be modded, would making a ranged weapon that weighs a lot be a good way to simulate emplacements (machine guns, etc)?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 26, 2014, 03:21:12 pm »

Is there a way to meddle with the new emotions system?

new/changed keys
      CIVZONE_DUMP g -> d
      CIVZONE_GATHER g
      CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS G
      CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS_PICK_TREES t
      CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS_PICK_SHRUBS s
      CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS_GATHER_FALLEN f

creatures
      retired LIKES_FIGHTING, though it shouldn't give an error for the time being

item_tool
      added stepladder

entity_default
      added stepladder tool to MOUNTAIN

Doesn't look like it. Perhaps through personality manipulation, but research would have to be done to determine what changes what.

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 26, 2014, 04:32:48 pm »

Hey, new to the modding thing. How do I make my smiths produce foreign weapons? (Whips, mauls, longswords, etc)

Open the entity_default.txt file in the raws, and add the appropriate weapon to the entity you want to have access to the weapon.

So, if you wanted to give dwarves access to large daggers, you'd scroll down to [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN], and put [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE] into their entry, probably somewhere near the other weapons.

Note: I'm pretty sure you'd have to spawn a new world to make it work.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 26, 2014, 04:58:17 pm »

Since siege engines can't really be modded, would making a ranged weapon that weighs a lot be a good way to simulate emplacements (machine guns, etc)?

Well the way masterwork did it was by making a workshop that gave the dwarf who used it a syndrome that transformed it into an immobile projectile breathing dwarf. Read the syndromes wiki page for more information
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 26, 2014, 09:35:08 pm »

>> go straight through whatever body part it hit

try high force weapon, very small (~5) contact area edged attack ammo.  i *think* that the ammo penetration stat on the ammo's attack matters too.

max_vel is less important than force, max_vel only puts a cap on the speed of lightweight (wood/bone) projectiles.  the force stat governs projectiles with any substantial mass.  read wiki for details.

>> Insta-headshots, stuff like that.

high force, large SIZE, small (~5 to 20) contact area ammo

>>  only made enemies get "propelled away by the force of the blow"

The shot has a chance to penetrate armor.  Or both, or neither.  "Only" propelling away by the force of the blow means you have plenty of force and probably need a better (material, size, attack stats) projectile.

>> Oh, and how to make them more accurate.

skilled dwarf

>> EDIT: And how to make them burn the tile they hit! Or explode in a pool of acid! Or magma! Or just explode! I really need to sleep.

It is possible using raw-only modding to put some basic syndromes on the arrow, but to have the kind of effects you're imagining you'll have to use DFHack.  There are  scripts to do the things you want (see ItemSyndrome and ProjectileExpansion), but I don't know the status for DF2014.

So basically lighter materials (adamantine?), smaller projectiles with high penetration rate, high max_vel and shoot_force, and syndromes that cause burning?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 26, 2014, 09:46:18 pm »

I'm trying to give my purgatory wolf steel claws and teeth, with iron bones. Problem is.... I don't really know how. How would I do that? I know how to make the entire creature iron or steel, but not individual body parts. Do I have to change every bone, or can I just say skeleton? Thanks. Here's the raws, if that helps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 26, 2014, 09:52:20 pm »

Well, the fact that bones, teeth and claws (nails) are their own separate materials helps a lot.

Use the [SELECT_MATERIAL] tag to declare new material properties for them. Any stats you don't change are left as they were.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 247