Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316779 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2445 on: April 20, 2015, 07:19:59 pm »

I can't think of any instances of boulders in the game that weren't made of stone. Jot down the reagent as a BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE and you should be fine.

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: April 20, 2015, 07:31:14 pm »

But what about stone crafts? I'm trying to make a recycling mod...

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: April 20, 2015, 07:47:38 pm »

Hmm. A [WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY] modifier restricts a reagent only to non-economic stuff, all of which are rocks. Could it be a positive restriction that really does mean nothing except rocks that are non-economic? It might be worth a shot, you can always modify reactions on the fly if they're there when the world is generated.

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: April 20, 2015, 07:52:54 pm »

How do I specify ANY type of stone? The wiki says that if I use NONE, the game will think I specified magma.

EDIT: question two, is there a way to specify all cloth items in reactions, as well?

Reaction classes, friend. They are insanely powerful when used correctly.
You could add [REACTION_CLASS:STONE] to the stone material template, and have your reaction require [REAGENT:item:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:STONE]. Similarly, you could add [REACTION_CLASS:FABRIC] to the silk, hair, and plant fibre templates; [REAGENT:item:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FABRIC] should take any item made from any of those materials - including things like thread and body parts, so be careful.

For example, in my current pet project, metals are subdivided into several classes each, so that some reactions can call for any metal, while others will demand precious metals, and others demanding durable metals, and still other ones calling for highly conductive metals. The only real limitation on the system is how complex and ugly you're willing to let your raws become.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:56:56 pm by kiwiphoenix »

woopr1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: April 20, 2015, 07:58:27 pm »

I made a pyromancy secret that's nearly identical to necromancy except for the powers it grants and some fluff. The thing is that no towers or books ever get made. Pyromancy slabs are spawned in worldgen and a pyromancer or two with them, but that's it.

Is there something specific that I need to set for it to happen?

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: April 20, 2015, 08:11:01 pm »

Oh, thanks.

EDIT: Nope. I'm terrible at this. What folder do I put it in?

<DF root folder>/hack/scripts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: April 20, 2015, 08:11:05 pm »

How do I specify ANY type of stone? The wiki says that if I use NONE, the game will think I specified magma.

EDIT: question two, is there a way to specify all cloth items in reactions, as well?

That only matters for products. For reagents, you can use NONE:NONE just fine.

Also, Meph said that there was a tool that gives you the generated raws directly from a save, but never told me what it is, so ???

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: April 20, 2015, 08:22:17 pm »

I made a pyromancy secret that's nearly identical to necromancy except for the powers it grants and some fluff. The thing is that no towers or books ever get made. Pyromancy slabs are spawned in worldgen and a pyromancer or two with them, but that's it.

Is there something specific that I need to set for it to happen?

Zombies. Your secret needs to be able to animate dead, then once enough dead followers are animated, a tower can be built.

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: April 20, 2015, 09:14:16 pm »

Interesting. Can I add reaction classes to items, too? Not just materials?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: April 21, 2015, 12:35:05 am »

No.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: April 21, 2015, 03:28:02 am »

Zombies. Your secret needs to be able to animate dead, then once enough dead followers are animated, a tower can be built.

You can attach a transformation to something like fire imps to your animate interaction, and have towers full of appropriate minions.

woopr1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: April 21, 2015, 05:24:19 am »

You can attach a transformation to something like fire imps to your animate interaction, and have towers full of appropriate minions.

I was thinking about that, but the biggest problem is that pyromancers kill themselves with fire whenever they enter a fight.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: April 21, 2015, 08:39:38 am »

I was thinking about that, but the biggest problem is that pyromancers kill themselves with fire whenever they enter a fight.
Sounds like a reliable source of dead bodies for animation  ::)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: April 21, 2015, 01:11:44 pm »

Hello,

I've been working on a lil' sideproject of mine, but I've failed horribly at the very beginning of creating some techno-sorcery. Basically, that (free) reaction won't show up when accessing the building :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the building, in case anything is wrong with it :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any ideas?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: April 21, 2015, 01:22:39 pm »

Does the reaction file have a file ID at the top? How about an OBJECT:REACTION tag? Do other reactions in the same file work?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 247