Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316781 times)

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2580 on: May 15, 2015, 09:46:06 pm »

Thanks Putnam : D

EDIT:
I can make new training weapons just by labeling it and adding the TRAINING tag right?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:44:30 am by Ianflow »
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2581 on: May 16, 2015, 03:05:48 am »

I can make new training weapons just by labeling it and adding the TRAINING tag right?
Yes, training tag. The training weapons also have a wider area of penetration, and a much shallower amount of penetration. So they don't deeply damage people while training with them.

Spear: [ATTACK:EDGE:5:9000:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000]  [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
Training spear: [ATTACK:BLUNT:50:60:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000]  [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
first number is width, second number how deep. So "cut dragon in half" sword would be 20000:20000 and "cut mouse's skin" tool would be 40:4.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weapon contact area talk nearby: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150748.0
I don't really know what attributes make piercing attacks more effective, and I'm not entirely sure on where the boundary between an attack being piercing and an attack being slashing is.
There really isn't a boundary. Edged attacks are edged attacks, the combat report names are purely relative. My old notes say that if the weapon's contact area is less than 25% of the bodypart's calculated size, it tears flesh and "chips" (breaks) bone. If the contact area reaches all the way over the bodypart, it tears apart the meat, shatters the bones and can chop the limb off entirely, if the hit is deep (penetration depth also reaches all the way through) and strong enough.

Upping the weapon's size means more mass and more energy behind the swing. Small contact areas make the hits hurt harder, but might not be able to sever the limb at all. Vast contact areas lop off smaller limbs with ease, but might only make a shallow 20-inch skin gash across the torso. If you just want the attack to hit harder, full stop, physics be damned, increase the velocity multiplier at the end.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 03:08:36 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: May 16, 2015, 03:15:34 am »

TRAINING also automatically only makes it able to made of wood right? The lower quality material enables it to be near harmless.
My issue is, would the wider contact area make blunt training weapons more dangerous?
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: May 16, 2015, 03:38:48 am »

Not really. Which one does more damage to a man's ass, a sharpened wooden spike or a cricket bat?

A wider contact area would in theory make it faster to completely pulverize body parts, but the forces involved with wood are so small that you'd only really see it from months and months of constant battering.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: May 16, 2015, 01:24:57 pm »

Tell me, is it at all possible (using DFHack or otherwise) to make certain reactions only appear in the adventurer mode "create" menu once certain conditions are met? I wish to make reactions which are only available once the adventurer gains "knowledge" about them, through a syndrome or something (rather than having adventurers start out knowing about every single reaction with ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED). I know this can be done for interactions, but interactions will not suffice here, considering that I want items to be used up for the desired product to be obtained.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: May 16, 2015, 02:34:08 pm »

Maybe, but only with lots of DFHacking.

It is possible to add (and remove!) buttons from many default menus, so it would just be a mater of finding the right place to change. Sadly adding buttons like this is somewhat complicated because it is a pain to keep track of the menu modes.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: May 16, 2015, 05:51:06 pm »

I feel like I am missing something very basic here.

Here's a dye on my red flower:
Code: [Select]

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:red dye]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:CRIMSON]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:20]
[POWDER_DYE:CRIMSON]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[REACTION_CLASS:RED_DYE]

And here's a reaction to color a concrete block:
[REACTION:MAKE_RED_CONCRETE]
[NAME:make red blocks]
[BUILDING:CALCINATOR:CUSTOM_R]
[REAGENT:concrete blocks:10:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:CONCRETE]
[REAGENT:dye:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:RED_DYE]
[REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT][CONTAINS:dye]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:RED_CONCRETE]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

It looks right but the reaction is always red (I have concrete blocks, red dye bag and fuel in my stockpiles. Can someone check and tell me if I miss something obvious?

P.S. NEVERMIND! I forgot it needs 10 reagents blocks! Sorry about stupid question.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:53:27 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: May 16, 2015, 08:08:47 pm »

Not really. Which one does more damage to a man's ass, a sharpened wooden spike or a cricket bat?

A wider contact area would in theory make it faster to completely pulverize body parts, but the forces involved with wood are so small that you'd only really see it from months and months of constant battering.

depends on where the sharpened wooden spike lands ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But seriously I'm betting that wooden training spears actually are made rounded to avoid stabbing accidents. I'd imagine war hammers are like wooden meat hammers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2588 on: May 17, 2015, 06:24:12 am »

How do I specify ANY type of stone? The wiki says that if I use NONE, the game will think I specified magma.

EDIT: question two, is there a way to specify all cloth items in reactions, as well?

That only matters for products. For reagents, you can use NONE:NONE just fine.

Also, Meph said that there was a tool that gives you the generated raws directly from a save, but never told me what it is, so ???
I didnt? Did you ask me?  :o

It's World tinkerer, here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67059.msg1602138#msg1602138, which is in Profits Mods&Utilities list since... ever. At least since I joined bay12.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: May 17, 2015, 06:34:25 am »

Wasn't that left behind when version 0.40 hit? In any case, Putnam came up with a dead simple .lua script that farts out the current world's generated stuff into a set of neat and clearly labeled text files.

King_Crimson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: May 17, 2015, 12:01:40 pm »

I've looked at the wiki and other creature's raws, but I still don't understand how body parts, attacks, and materials work. I'm trying to make a monster thats basically just 20 tentacles made of vine attached to each other, with thorns on the ends, but I have no idea how. Here's what I have so far:

[CREATURE:VINE_MONSTER]
[DESCRIPTION:A large, thrashing mass of vines. Beware its poisonous thorns!]
[NAME: vine monster:vine monsters: vine monster]
[CREATURE_TILE:'p'][COLOR:2:0:0]
[SAVAGE]
[NO_WINTER]
[NOBONES]
[NOBREATHE]
[NONAUSEA]
[NOSKULL]
[NOPAIN]
[NO_EAT]
[NO_DRINK]
[NO_DIZZINESS]
[NO_GENDER]
[NATURAL]
[MAXAGE:50:100]
[PREFSTRING:pointy thorns]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:1:3]
[FREQUENCY:33]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:1000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:1000000]
[IMMOBILE]
[VIEWRANGE:1]
[BIOME:3]
[AMBUSHPREDATOR]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
        [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen vine monster venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen vine monster venom]
      [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:vine monster venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:vine monster venom]
        [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling vine monster venom]
      [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling vine monster venom]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
      [ENTERS_BLOOD]
      [SYNDROME]
        [SYN_NAME:vine monster poisoning]
            [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
            [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:VINE_MONSTER:ALL]
            [SYN_INJECTED]
        [SYN_INHALED]                [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:30:PROB:20:LOCALIZED:MUSCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10:END:20]

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2591 on: May 18, 2015, 03:34:00 am »

P.S. NEVERMIND! I forgot it needs 10 reagents blocks! Sorry about stupid question.
NAME:make red blocks
into NAME: dye concrete blocks red (10), or dye concretes red (10)

I've looked at the wiki and other creature's raws, but I still don't understand how body parts, attacks, and materials work. I'm trying to make a monster thats basically just 20 tentacles made of vine attached to each other, with thorns on the ends, but I have no idea how. Here's what I have so far:
start by modifying an existing monster. The pond grabber is a "head with 4 tentacles", just add more tentacles and shrink the head to very small. its raws: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Pond_grabber
create your new custom entries in body_default.txt, for defining a new kind of vinemonster body, and vinemonster tentacles. (also remove leading spaces from your creature's name)
existing: [BODY:BODY_WITH_HEAD_FLAG]
   [BP:HD:body:bodies][UPPERBODY][LOWERBODY][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:2000]
make the body's relsize tiny (20), so attacks won't often hit the vine monster's headbody
vinemonster: [BODY:VINEMONSTER_HEADBODY]
   [BP:HD:vital knot:vital knots][UPPERBODY][LOWERBODY][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20]
inside your creature, command it to use this new bodypart.

add some tentacles(rename them to vines), note that they CONTYPE(connection type) to upper body.
[BODY:TWO_NO_CLAW_TENTACLES]
   [BP:RUT:right tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB]--RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
   [BP:LUT:left tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB]--LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]

copy attacks from a tentacle monster.
ATTACK token details: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Creature_token#Attack_Tokens
copy the "how to inject a syndromous venom" attack from a scorpion.

First get it to work in the arenamode with regular humanoid flesh materials; later worry about how to command it to be plant_structural and wood material.
"thorns on the ends of tentacles": see how fingernails are commanded.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:53:58 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: May 19, 2015, 12:21:36 am »

Is it possible to mod evil rain/bogeyman/hfs clowns/megabeasts/titans/deities?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:26:37 am by jason0320 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: May 19, 2015, 12:40:13 am »

Is it possible to mod evil rain/bogeyman/hfs clowns/megabeasts/titans/deities?

It is possible to add all but the last of those things, but not to mod them.

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: May 19, 2015, 03:06:10 am »

It is possible to add all but the last of those things, but not to mod them.
Thanks folk :)
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 247