Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316732 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3360 on: September 21, 2015, 06:01:38 pm »

im guessing the answer is "no" but I feel the need to ask.

if I add a body template to the raws can that body be used in forgotten beast?

such as the tentacles on the blood dragons that were made for me?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: September 21, 2015, 06:25:28 pm »

No. The randomized body parts are in the body_rcp file though. Adding parts in there won't do anything, and removing parts is very much not recommended. The game may complain that it cannot find the parts.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3362 on: September 21, 2015, 07:07:45 pm »

Another question, is it possible for equipped gear to provide stat boosts?

It's been a while since I've modded, so I'm not really up to date on what all's changed.
It's possible you could use dfhack scripts to attach a temporary non-contagious syndrome on item equip.

Ah, I'd rather not use 3rd party stuff for modding, unfortunately. Thanks though!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3363 on: September 22, 2015, 10:32:25 am »

Another question, is it possible for equipped gear to provide stat boosts?

It's been a while since I've modded, so I'm not really up to date on what all's changed.
It's possible you could use dfhack scripts to attach a temporary non-contagious syndrome on item equip.

Ah, I'd rather not use 3rd party stuff for modding, unfortunately. Thanks though!
Same here (for 3rd party) however you can still make "Potions" which is a consumable syndrome that gives stat boosts (managing your army to drink said potion at the right time would be as far as I know impossible but I stopped modding before 40.xx so it might be now)

And you can make certain creatures take a larger force multiplier from certain materials

The closest you could get would be make something wearable, that would melt at body temp so you can tell them to wear said Item, it melts on them, and then gives them that syndrome. But that is no way what you're looking for, non-DFhack wise.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: September 22, 2015, 10:35:38 am »

(managing your army to drink said potion at the right time would be as far as I know impossible but I stopped modding before 40.xx so it might be now)
Still impossible.

I suppose you could make a fake potion item that would be consumed in a reaction that would produce a syndrome-bearing gas. That'd be one way to control it. But drinks are impossible to control other than forbidding specific ones.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: September 22, 2015, 03:33:42 pm »

Does anyone know a program I can use to view/modify randomly generated raws that works for DF2014?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: September 22, 2015, 03:50:05 pm »

Where do I stick that lua file? What folder?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:53:47 pm by TheFlame52 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: September 22, 2015, 04:56:57 pm »

hack/scripts

you need dfhack

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: September 22, 2015, 05:06:26 pm »

thanks m8

now i don't have to lie in my personal text

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: September 22, 2015, 09:02:29 pm »

several questions.

1. What ways and methods do you use to keep tokens organized inside your raw files?

2. are there possible ways to add alternatives to coffins for burial/corpse disposal?

3. would hand carts (see spoiler) be too over powered? can I improve it to be more balanced with wheel barrows?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4. opinions on adding silk reed plants and varieties of above ground mushrooms? ways to make each mushroom type unique instead of all being reskins?

5. is it possible to make it so embarking with a non-dwarf civ in fort mode, that it lists things other than 'dwarven history', 'mountainhome' etc? basically custom embark stuff?

6. can a creature caste have both [MALE] and [FEMALE]? how does it effect reproduction? can there be another caste with [NO_GENDER] within the same creature?

7. what are the possible concequences of a creature having [HOMEOTHERM:10015] ?

8. if one caste is smaller than another and their civilization has access to certain weapons, and one doesn't meet the size requirements, they can't weild them regardless of the civilizations access to them, correct?

9. I am working on another creature, these impish beings. I am trying to work out their body size and height broadness tokens. for reference, they are 1 foot wide and 1 to 2 feet tall, similar to the miniblins from the zelda windwaker game in size/stature. would this be correct?
Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:2500]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:13500]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:55500]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:50:50:50:50:50:50:50]

10. would the impish creatures be unable to wield weapons that they don't meet the size requirement for, but still make them?
Don't know what to put here... let me know if you have any ideas...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: September 22, 2015, 10:26:38 pm »

1. No real organization for creatures, but entities have tokens separated into groups that alter similar things, such as biomes/city types being grouped together. I tend to keep things alphabetized though.

2. Not that I'm aware of. Either use a coffin or carve a slab.

3. Comparing container capacity would help.

4. Use real-life examples, maybe? Give them unique uses such as dyes, or maybe make them minor toxins/irritants.

5. Not within the raws.

6. Two genders in one caste is not possible. One tag will overwrite the other. Having genderless castes should be fine though.

7. Not sure about that specific number, but odd homeotherms may damage tissue materials, or confuse the creature into thinking it is too hot or cold to eat, and consequently starving.

8. Last I checked, Fortress Mode didn't look at sizes on an individual basis, and did it based on the race's size. They may still wield improperly sized gear.

9. It looks like they can be between 75% to 125% the average height, but are always 50% thin. If you want them to always be noted as thin, with varying height, then yes.

10. Yes, if their entity is permitted the weapons.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3372 on: September 22, 2015, 11:07:06 pm »

several questions.

1. What ways and methods do you use to keep tokens organized inside your raw files?

2. are there possible ways to add alternatives to coffins for burial/corpse disposal?

3. would hand carts (see spoiler) be too over powered? can I improve it to be more balanced with wheel barrows?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4. opinions on adding silk reed plants and varieties of above ground mushrooms? ways to make each mushroom type unique instead of all being reskins?

5. is it possible to make it so embarking with a non-dwarf civ in fort mode, that it lists things other than 'dwarven history', 'mountainhome' etc? basically custom embark stuff?

6. can a creature caste have both [MALE] and [FEMALE]? how does it effect reproduction? can there be another caste with [NO_GENDER] within the same creature?

7. what are the possible concequences of a creature having [HOMEOTHERM:10015] ?

8. if one caste is smaller than another and their civilization has access to certain weapons, and one doesn't meet the size requirements, they can't weild them regardless of the civilizations access to them, correct?

9. I am working on another creature, these impish beings. I am trying to work out their body size and height broadness tokens. for reference, they are 1 foot wide and 1 to 2 feet tall, similar to the miniblins from the zelda windwaker game in size/stature. would this be correct?
Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:2500]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:13500]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:55500]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:50:50:50:50:50:50:50]

10. would the impish creatures be unable to wield weapons that they don't meet the size requirement for, but still make them?

1. No real organization for creatures, but entities have tokens separated into groups that alter similar things, such as biomes/city types being grouped together. I tend to keep things alphabetized though.

2. Not that I'm aware of. Either use a coffin or carve a slab.

3. Comparing container capacity would help.

4. Use real-life examples, maybe? Give them unique uses such as dyes, or maybe make them minor toxins/irritants.

5. Not within the raws.

6. Two genders in one caste is not possible. One tag will overwrite the other. Having genderless castes should be fine though.

7. Not sure about that specific number, but odd homeotherms may damage tissue materials, or confuse the creature into thinking it is too hot or cold to eat, and consequently starving.

8. Last I checked, Fortress Mode didn't look at sizes on an individual basis, and did it based on the race's size. They may still wield improperly sized gear.

9. It looks like they can be between 75% to 125% the average height, but are always 50% thin. If you want them to always be noted as thin, with varying height, then yes.

10. Yes, if their entity is permitted the weapons.

1. It's all up to you, At the top I always have the global creature stuff like NAME, DESCRIPTION, Main Behavior tokens, Materials and Tissues, and then what I want all castes to have (As I normally make 5+ Caste creatures) I then define castes, adding in the things I want that are special to just that case. Later on I use SELECT_CASTE and SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE to pick the ones that I want to share similar qualities, then move on to Attacks, then using SELECT_CASTE define any interaction uses at the bottom of the creature

5. You'd need the Localization patch thing you that, and that is basically just forcing hardcoded text to be what you want and then using the WTF (Weird Text Format) tool for some other messages (like when the liaison comes to talk with you)

7. That's roughly chilly I can't remember the temperature that water freezes, but I believe 9900 is where most organics take cold damage. But like BlackFlyme said, fortress mode AI will freak out with some areas thinking they are cold or too hot because HOMEOTHERM is their body temp or natural so anything hotter or colder will be reflected.

8. If you have a tiny caste and a giant caste, they craft 1 size fits all armor and clothes which to other races will show as the "largest" caste size, as for the caste that is small, they will only be able to use tools/weapons that fit their size. Issues like this was encountered for Kobold Camp as axes and picks were too big for them making embarks impossible until those items were altered/smaller versions made

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3373 on: September 23, 2015, 07:19:58 am »

Is it possible for the same interactions to have multiple sources?
For instance, I'd like war deities to not only create slabs but also bless random people with the same interaction.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: September 23, 2015, 08:44:16 am »

Can I change how angry a civ gets if you seize the goods from its merchants?  I've stolen from the same civs like 5 times in a row and they don't care. 

I am using
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:1]
I copied it from elves I think. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 247