Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 438863 times)

JoeJoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2014, 01:10:11 pm »

Is it normal to have hundreds of rejects when generating a world with the "SMALL REGION" template?  Even with no modified settings at all (except end year), I get hundreds of rejects.  I got 259 of them in my most recent world, with only slight bumps to titans and civilizations.  It's not breaking (as far as I can see), but it's worrying me.

If I recall correctly, there are a few default parameters that lead to an unusually high amount of rejects.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2014, 02:06:22 pm »

Yes, higher monsters and more people leads to lots of rejects, from my experience.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2014, 06:10:35 pm »

Yes, higher monsters and more people leads to lots of rejects, from my experience.

My hundreds of rejects are occurring long before it starts placing monsters or civilizations, though.  They're happening very early -- I usually can't even see what's happening before I've already got 100 rejects (fraction of a second).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2014, 06:19:42 pm »

My hundreds of rejects are occurring long before it starts placing monsters or civilizations, though.  They're happening very early -- I usually can't even see what's happening before I've already got 100 rejects (fraction of a second).
DF gens a random map.  So wildly unpredictable that something fails.  Not always the same thing, or else you would start to see the error-prompt 'woldgeneration is having trouble placing enough mountains' (or forests, glaciers, tundra, desert, whatever the case is)

Its normal enough
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2014, 09:06:58 am »

I've been holding off on the new version until it's more stable and a few tools are available for it.

Anyways, just curious how the new job priority system works.  I'm still on 34.11 and so far the best I can do with job priorities is use autolabor to assign hauling to my non burrow dwarf's.  The rest are pre-nicknamed, and assigned to a burrow so I can ensure they never do hauling.

Here's some discussion on it

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=24022.0

and dev notes

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html

but I read (I believe in a post last month) that it was going to be in this release.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:28:00 am by thistleknot »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2014, 10:09:31 am »

I don't think Toady has made any visible changes to job priorities yet.  He mentioned that he did some of the groundwork that will make that possible soon, but it's not ready yet.  Coming in a minor release soon (after more serious bugs and crashes have been fixed).
Through pain, I find wisdom.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2014, 11:16:28 am »

multilvl trees exist only on the surface? or is there multilvl giant mushrooms?, how about evil/holy biome trees, are they multilvl too? i've never been in an evil/holy biome so i can only speculate, and well, caverns in 34.11

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2014, 11:22:19 am »

Caverns do have multi-tile trees and such. I would assume that this affects all trees but I haven't checked in good/evil biomes.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2014, 03:00:30 pm »

Newest version, apparently if I lay down stone fall traps in front of the trade depot there is no valid path to the trade depot?

Since when did traps block caravans?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2014, 03:01:27 pm »

Newest version, apparently if I lay down stone fall traps in front of the trade depot there is no valid path to the trade depot?

Since DF2012.  Just leave a 3 wide path somewhere.  Make the wagons go around
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2014, 03:08:09 pm »

anyone know if I wanna make an underground tree farm do I have to clear the levels above the trees? I was experimenting with that in my latest but got a tantrum spiral before coming to conclusions

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2014, 03:11:55 pm »

Since DF2012.  Just leave a 3 wide path somewhere.  Make the wagons go around

Huh, knew I hadn't played in a long time but didn't think it had been that long.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2014, 03:39:24 pm »

Caverns do have multi-tile trees and such. I would assume that this affects all trees but I haven't checked in good/evil biomes.

I have seen multi-level glumprongs.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2014, 07:23:21 pm »

how do I war train animals.  I used to do it from the stocks screen, z - animals, then w for train.

But I get spammed saying no animals to train and I got all my dogs in a zone.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2014, 07:37:43 pm »

how do I war train animals.  I used to do it from the stocks screen, z - animals, then w for train.

But I get spammed saying no animals to train and I got all my dogs in a zone.
It is still supposed to work like that, but currently it's bugged.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 268