Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 439995 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1230 on: February 06, 2015, 04:44:27 am »

Can animated corpses gain 'muscle'? 'Cuz that is just NASTY.
They have NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN but the tag seems broken (at least for player vampires,) so maybe.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they do. I dropped one animated dog skeleton on top of 20 live dogs. Result: 20 dead dogs and one incredibly gigantic and muscular animated dog skeleton. :(
()==[:::::::::::::>

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 06, 2015, 06:46:19 am »

Can animated corpses gain 'muscle'? 'Cuz that is just NASTY.
They have NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN but the tag seems broken (at least for player vampires,) so maybe.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they do. I dropped one animated dog skeleton on top of 20 live dogs. Result: 20 dead dogs and one incredibly gigantic and muscular animated dog skeleton. :(
Apparently they also get a strength boost (and the muscle growth that comes with it) upon animation.
Code: [Select]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]This means an increase of 300% + 1000 in strength and toughness, assuming the wiki is correct about the second parameter. Vampires only get a 200% boost. It is terrifying.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 06, 2015, 08:18:19 am »

So, in Duopoly DF 0.40.24 I embarked with a fortress for a dead civilization (one with no sites).

I just tried to do the same thing again for Olympus: Dawn of the New Gods and it didn't work.

Any ideas why?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 06, 2015, 06:29:07 pm »

In impulse elevators, why the down channel behind each track ramp? Wouldn't you just need a wall there? Why not a 2x2 spiral with each ramp a t-junct toward two walls and a track up to the next ramp? Is there something I'm not getting?

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 07, 2015, 07:22:11 pm »

how are civs determined to be neighbors of eachother? can any cross water? mountains?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 08, 2015, 04:41:08 am »

how are civs determined to be neighbors of eachother? can any cross water? mountains?

Water, no. Mountains, yes (I think).

I know the water thing, because you can change the neighbour behaviour of a world tile by making a fortress embark that spans across an ocean gap. You don't need to build an actual bridge, it counts if you just embark then immediately retire.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 08, 2015, 05:19:55 pm »

If I embark on a trade route, will merchants pass through? If I embark between two nations at war, will military pass through?

They can cross water, even implausibly long fathoms of water, as long as there's a land connection somewhere between both points. If there's no land connection, then even 1 tile of ocean will isolate them.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 09, 2015, 03:47:28 am »

Mountains, yes (I think).

It seems like Dwarf sites in isolated mountain valleys are left alone by goblins, but I might be wrong.

This is a long shot, but is there any way to prevent temperate/cold forests from being called "Jungles" in the name generation? It seems like more often than not, forests on the border of tundra bear the name "Jungle" which seems odd to me.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 09, 2015, 04:07:22 am »

Mountains, yes (I think).

It seems like Dwarf sites in isolated mountain valleys are left alone by goblins, but I might be wrong.

This is a long shot, but is there any way to prevent temperate/cold forests from being called "Jungles" in the name generation? It seems like more often than not, forests on the border of tundra bear the name "Jungle" which seems odd to me.
Remove "Jungle" as an option somewhere down in the Name Generator.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 09, 2015, 06:29:57 am »

Remove "Jungle" as an option somewhere down in the Name Generator.

I guess there are only two names for NAME_FOREST: JUNGLE or FOREST, so that would make all forests named FOREST. That's too bad, there are a few synonyms I could think of (THICKET, GROVE, WOODS), but they don't all sound right for tropical biome.

I also noticed NAME_HILL has only one value: HILL. I could see adding some synonyms like BLUFF, KNOLL, MOUND, BUTTE

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 09, 2015, 07:15:15 am »

Who keeps stealing all my empty bags?! I have 18 in stock, I don't see a single one full, but none are available for any job that requires them. I keep producing them from the precious little leather I've gotten, but I can't locate any of them. The only stockpiles that accept bags are empty.

I know I've had this problem before, and I'm not the only one, but I can't find the answer.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 09, 2015, 07:18:49 am »

Who keeps stealing all my empty bags?! I have 18 in stock, I don't see a single one full, but none are available for any job that requires them. I keep producing them from the precious little leather I've gotten, but I can't locate any of them. The only stockpiles that accept bags are empty.

I know I've had this problem before, and I'm not the only one, but I can't find the answer.

Seed storage? processed food?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 09, 2015, 07:49:21 am »

Seed storage? processed food?
Seeds. I dumped all the bags and found them full of I can't believe how many seeds. So I dumped the seeds and reclaimed the bags, gave all the bag-only stockpiles time to replenish, then reclaimed the seeds that have dedicated stockpiles. Maybe they'll consolidate these a little smarter.

What do I do with this damn much alfalfa? No one but the horses eat this much, if only I could switch them off grazing and let them have it.  I can't make booze out of it, so maybe I'll just offload it all on the elves.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 09, 2015, 08:19:45 am »

What does increasing the number of "beasts" on worldgen do, exactly?  Is it for (semi)megabeasts, titans, forgotten beasts, or large regular animals?

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 09, 2015, 03:04:31 pm »

What do I do with this damn much alfalfa? No one but the horses eat this much, if only I could switch them off grazing and let them have it.  I can't make booze out of it, so maybe I'll just offload it all on the elves.
See other ideas on seed usage in this topic.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 268