Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 438858 times)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1275 on: February 16, 2015, 11:55:26 am »

On topic, what's the difference between a mangled and a mutilated corpse?
Mutilated corpse means it got its parts cut of before death, mangled one got its parts pulped before death. For example: first one died after battle with axeman, the second one after battle with maceman.
See more in DF wiki article.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 17, 2015, 08:27:38 am »

Why there's no kobolds in the "neighbours" list even if they're present in legends and seemingly not-extinct?
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 17, 2015, 08:31:23 am »

They dont have visible sites.  Caves are like that even if dwarves occupy them.

They also shoud come, abiet more rarely than in previous versions
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 17, 2015, 10:11:04 am »

Is it possible to put creature (goblin soldier, for example) that was beaten unconscious by military into cage? I mean without some clever methods like dropping it into cage trap.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:45:19 am by Rusty_knight »
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 17, 2015, 05:13:34 pm »

Drop it onto a cage.  Or let it walk into it.  You can assign the cages and chains once captured, though.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: February 18, 2015, 05:21:30 am »

Not sure if it'll work, but build a cage trap where it's lying unconcious?  That is, if your mechanics dont flee asap

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: February 18, 2015, 10:46:17 am »

Not sure if it'll work, but build a cage trap where it's lying unconcious?  That is, if your mechanics dont flee asap
Wouldn't it be "creature in construction site, construction suspended"?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: February 18, 2015, 11:00:52 am »

What causes tears? I imagine walking around with broken bones might, and dwarf might cry after finishing their magnum opus, but I can't figure out an explanation for most of these crying dwarves. It's not just from pain, trauma or bliss, I've seen some physically and emotionally fine, with a history full of "interested" thoughts in their heads, but teary-eyed. Who keeps putting tears on their eyeballs?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: February 18, 2015, 11:13:41 am »

What causes tears? I imagine walking around with broken bones might, and dwarf might cry after finishing their magnum opus, but I can't figure out an explanation for most of these crying dwarves. It's not just from pain, trauma or bliss, I've seen some physically and emotionally fine, with a history full of "interested" thoughts in their heads, but teary-eyed. Who keeps putting tears on their eyeballs?
  I don't know the specifics though.

[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TEARS:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:EXTREME_EMOTION]
Fear, terror, death for sure.

Perhaps eventually joy too.  Or being outcast/punished.
PKs DF Mod!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: February 18, 2015, 06:21:19 pm »

then I thought "oh crap. is he serious? is fort obesity an actual problem I have to watch out for? my dwarves have been eating lavish meals for years. I hope they aren't all going to drop dead from heart attacks"
In a previous version, dwarves near the fat limit would eat extra processing power as the game calculated the jittering between maximum and slightly below. Might have been fixed, might not.

Fat dwarves are good. They're better at absorbing blows, and last longer when starving.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: February 18, 2015, 10:06:35 pm »

then I thought "oh crap. is he serious? is fort obesity an actual problem I have to watch out for? my dwarves have been eating lavish meals for years. I hope they aren't all going to drop dead from heart attacks"
In a previous version, dwarves near the fat limit would eat extra processing power as the game calculated the jittering between maximum and slightly below. Might have been fixed, might not.

Fat dwarves are good. They're better at absorbing blows, and last longer when starving.
Don't they bleed more, at least when burning?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: February 18, 2015, 10:37:30 pm »

Don't they bleed more, at least when burning?
I think so.  But I've only seen PCs in Adventure mode survive fire, so I don't know if it matters . . .
PKs DF Mod!

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: February 19, 2015, 08:12:28 am »

Is there a guaranteed way to get  sieges in DF2014? It seems I embark constantly on peacful locations.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:18:26 am by Showbiz »
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: February 19, 2015, 08:30:53 am »

I don't know the specifics though.

[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TEARS:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:EXTREME_EMOTION]
Fear, terror, death for sure.

Perhaps eventually joy too.  Or being outcast/punished.

I think you can see tears of joy in adventure mode, specifically when you return an abducted child to its parents.  At least some prerelease dev logs from Toady implied that; I've never played adventure mode enough to know.

Either way, I'm guessing that tears of joy don't happen in fort mode yet.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: February 19, 2015, 09:41:50 am »

Is there a guaranteed way to get  sieges in DF2014? It seems I embark constantly on peacful locations.

Is that enough to be sure to get sieges? :/
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 268