Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 440069 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1935 on: July 25, 2015, 01:46:00 pm »

Okay.  So is lycanthrope spread if the bite shatters a nail, but doesnt seem to otherwise pierce skin?

I suppose Ill find out soon enough . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sisyphean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: July 25, 2015, 07:20:17 pm »

They could be coming from your previous forts in the same world thus having some proficiency in skills you like.

well i was checking them out and it seems they belonged to the only other dwarf civ in the world before they migrated so perhaps any dwarf is elligable to migrate under some circumstances?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 25, 2015, 07:51:55 pm »

Given some... Unintentional !!science!! on the subject, the werebeast has to use a "Bite" attack to break skin for infection to occur. Biting and then shaking around using the teeth, while logical, does not cause infection, nor do "Bite" attacks that fail to penetrate the skin. If in doubt, quarantine anyway and wait for the next transformation date.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: July 25, 2015, 08:01:36 pm »

mmm, thank ya.

It turns out that his broken nail did not cause weredeerism despite being the result of a bite.  I just wasnt sure if it counted.

now imgoing to have to mod in skinless or chitin-lined dwarves to test.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: July 26, 2015, 06:58:25 am »

This sounds like a wonderful example of dorfy science, keep me posted as to the results.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

AlBravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: July 26, 2015, 09:49:47 am »

I've currently always have "Clear Rain Snow" at the bottom left of my screen when it rains or snows and "Clear Snow" when it's clear.

I also have this issue.
Ancient Avatar

Dethsold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: July 27, 2015, 12:58:25 pm »

The Dwarven Civilization in my world is extinct. Is there a way to predict who of my starting seven will be made king, or is the selection process random? I am under the impression that the Expedition leader will be promoted in this case.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: July 27, 2015, 02:13:32 pm »

The Dwarven Civilization in my world is extinct. Is there a way to predict who of my starting seven will be made king, or is the selection process random? I am under the impression that the Expedition leader will be promoted in this case.

A truly extinct civilization has no monarch, and, at least in my experience, won't promote one. A "struggling" civilization with no sites probably does have a monarch, and that title can indeed pass to one of your dwarves with little warning. Titles pass to relations first, then by some other means, possibly social skills. 

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: July 27, 2015, 07:28:31 pm »

Maybe it goes to the eldest?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

herocrafter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: July 27, 2015, 08:08:08 pm »

Caged a Necromancer and when I read her description as being incredibly skinny I got wondering if I need to feed her to keep her alive?  I'm not ready to use her, not even close. I want to keep her alive and not sure if I pitted her with food if she'd get nice and plump  :-\ or if I left her in her cage she'd wither.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: July 27, 2015, 08:13:45 pm »

Necromancers don't need food

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: July 28, 2015, 03:25:01 am »

What are scales good for in an unmodded game? The wiki's redirect seems to suggest they work like leather, but I've yet to see one getting used.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: July 28, 2015, 06:00:45 am »

Trying to set up a GCS web cage trap area here - would like to ask, will dwarves intentionally avoid the other webbed traps when retrieving captured creatures, or will they just bundle in and get trapped? (I presume that webbed cage traps are triggered by my own dwarves as well)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: July 28, 2015, 08:22:12 am »

What are scales good for in an unmodded game? The wiki's redirect seems to suggest they work like leather, but I've yet to see one getting used.
Selling to traders, necromancy(?), flinging at things.

They work like untanned hides, not leather.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:23:50 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: July 28, 2015, 08:32:52 am »

Selling to traders, necromancy(?), flinging at things.

They work like untanned hides, not leather.
*Flings reanimated crundle farm at Bumber and charges for it* Thanks, that sounds um useful or something.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 268