Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 438831 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #2040 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:33 am »

traillanced needs to construct a road through its lands and a ballista capable of practical use in sieges.

their job is to provide protection to migrants and caravans, operate the most nonlethal and strict divinr punishment possible, and cleanse large wildlife/undead
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:26 am »

Ballistae, you say? That might just work with my setup...

Btw, does running a road through a place actually do anything?
One wheel short of a wagon

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: September 12, 2015, 08:24:38 am »

Ballistae, you say? That might just work with my setup...

Btw, does running a road through a place actually do anything?
No, they won't even enter the map on the road unless you block off all the other edges.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: September 12, 2015, 08:37:45 am »

but the challenge is to build it, a chore for logistics and if undead are around . . ..  too bad toady doest make a script to have caravans/diplomats prefer roads when spawning
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: September 12, 2015, 08:39:46 am »

Well, I might give it a shot if I have a lot of spare dorfpower... dunno if it's a reanimating biome yet, only human blood rain so far. Coupla creatures, no undead.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: September 12, 2015, 09:36:34 am »

Well, I might give it a shot if I have a lot of spare dorfpower... dunno if it's a reanimating biome yet, only human blood rain so far. Coupla creatures, no undead.
Making road makes sure there will no trees pop up and block the caravan.
You can make a road, block other exits and build a roof above the road to offer cover from weird weather.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: September 12, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

Traillanced obviously needs upright spikes with impaled foes on them lining the trail.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: September 12, 2015, 11:54:39 am »

Fortifications by the traps to catch and display the severed limbs of your foes upon :P

Best design ever, seriously.  Dwarves can't clean the limbs inside of fortifications so they just sit there.
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: September 12, 2015, 01:06:47 pm »

Fortifications by the traps to catch and display the severed limbs of your foes upon :P

Best design ever, seriously.  Dwarves can't clean the limbs inside of fortifications so they just sit there.
Sit there generating bad thoughts?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: September 12, 2015, 02:19:24 pm »

Well, I mean the stuff does decay, and the 40.xx pansies probaby do get scared of them . . .  But I think The whole 'Im scared of skeletons' thing is a fantastic arguement to implement a part-time civilian training regime.  They all carry weapons, they get discipline, and they all get a free dorm-room.

Seriously, all 40.xx emotions encourage you to do is desensitize your dwarves that much faster.  And not leave dead bodies where caravans wagons can get scared of them and die.
PKs DF Mod!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:38 pm »

Do the wagons themselves have emotion now? I wouldn't be surprised, I've had a few go missing for no reason, so they're slightly silly.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: September 12, 2015, 10:06:55 pm »

Do the wagons themselves have emotion now? I wouldn't be surprised, I've had a few go missing for no reason, so they're slightly silly.
While it wouldn't surprise me, I think it's actually the animals pulling the wagon that causes scuttling.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: September 13, 2015, 10:15:19 am »

My baron has no relatives. What would happen to the post should he die?
I want to keep having a baron for roleplaying reasons but accidents do happen.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: September 13, 2015, 10:20:50 am »

Random dwarf, I think, not necessarily in your fort perhaps?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: September 13, 2015, 10:22:20 am »

Your baron goes to the next qualified individual.  Im not sure how succession works without inheritence.  Perhaps an election within your fort or the game determines who is 'best' fit from your lot the same way it choses an expedition leader when you embark.

Random dwarf, I think, not necessarily in your fort perhaps?
maybe.  I know you can host nobles of other settlements at your fort, but I feel like you'd get a migrant if that happened.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:24:13 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 268