Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 440096 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #2265 on: November 15, 2015, 01:32:44 pm »

I just tested it on a River Source tile (created magma above it via DFHack and let it drop in) and it started producing water after being carved into fortifications.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: November 15, 2015, 07:04:06 pm »

Thanks for checking it out. Would have been a lot of wasted effort for me if it didn't work.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: November 15, 2015, 09:10:40 pm »

Why is one of my dwarves leaving the burrows I set to collect webs? I'd rather him not drag the forgotten beast down int he caverns back with him so why is he leaving the burrows and how do I stop him?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: November 15, 2015, 09:49:03 pm »

Burrows define work areas, and idle movement limitations.

The job 'collect webs' takes place in the burrow, and the job requires him to go get the webs.

cancel the job.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2269 on: November 15, 2015, 09:51:23 pm »

Or do a civilian alert if it's that bad. That'll stop any civilians from going outside the selected burrows.

(In case you don't understand what a civilian alert is: it's in the military screen under "a"lerts.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: November 21, 2015, 10:37:27 am »

I've been interested in the game Bloodborne recently, and the "frenzy" mechanic got me thinking about stress levels.

Now, I'm not sure how stress works exactly. Would it be possible to expose a dwarf or even a noncontrolled sentient to so much stress at an one point (thousands of body parts, etc) that they would go mad semi-instantaneously, or is that not how stress works?

Because a sort of "Eye of the Cosmos" superweapon would be fun to have, even if not too useful.

One wheel short of a wagon

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #2271 on: November 25, 2015, 03:34:37 pm »

Here's a few quickies.

Regarding dodging, do enemies dodge ranged attacks from bolts? Ie could they dodge off a bridge?

Does swimming skill improve the speed creatures might move during their limited time one might have in lava or magma
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #2272 on: November 25, 2015, 03:37:09 pm »

Oooh and can you shoot down z levels through fortifications you're standing on?
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: November 25, 2015, 03:38:10 pm »

Yes to all three.  Though the ai wont really shot things like that reliably
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #2274 on: November 25, 2015, 03:52:26 pm »

So narrow bridges over a magma lake could have hilarious consequences when the marksdwarfs start peppering the enemy!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: November 25, 2015, 03:54:21 pm »

It would.  Also funny would be your dog snapping at your dwarves (and them dodging) on the bridge as everyone tried to russ by each other.  Mind traffic
PKs DF Mod!

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #2276 on: November 25, 2015, 04:02:29 pm »

Haha. Indeed. I think it'll be a set of 5 1x7 retracting bridges which will be three narrow ones during sieges and 5 wide at peace time should I need to acquire goblinite or accept caravans.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: November 25, 2015, 10:42:08 pm »

Why are my crafting buildings randomly exploding?
-I have hostile thralls on the surface, but I'm many z-levels underground.
-I have one melancholy dwarf, but that was actually CAUSED by the dissolving of the workshop he claimed.
-I have only 15 dwarves
Huh? Makes no sense.

Also, every time I try to type notes, any letter that is also a command (like d for delete), cannot be a part of a note because it keeps executing the command (so I cannot type bridge because the d tries to delete the note). I'm pretty sure that's a DFHack problem, but I have no idea how to fix it.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #2278 on: November 26, 2015, 12:40:31 am »

Check for roots of trees or cavern type trees growing into them. I think there's a bug that underground soil and muddy stone usually elligable for saplings is causing some issues with workshops deconstructing and often this is resulting in crashes.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: November 26, 2015, 02:13:39 am »

Also, every time I try to type notes, any letter that is also a command (like d for delete), cannot be a part of a note because it keeps executing the command (so I cannot type bridge because the d tries to delete the note). I'm pretty sure that's a DFHack problem, but I have no idea how to fix it.

I was getting that too.  Fixed itself when I made changes to my dfhack.init.  Pretty sure it was the confirm plugin.  Just remove it from the enable list and see what happens?
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 268