Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 438841 times)

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #2310 on: December 18, 2015, 01:31:57 pm »

Is it possible to make a worn clothing pile? I don't see any obvious options.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: December 18, 2015, 02:15:20 pm »

Nope.  The standard(*) workaround is to create a clothing stockpile that takes from anywhere, and let that be your "used clothing" stockpile.  Then make another clothing stockpile that takes from the clothier's shop, and takes from links only.  This will be your "new clothing" stockpile.

Optionally, you can double-up the "used clothing" stockpile as a refuse stockpile (enable the Refuse category, but disable all of the individual types of refuse).  This causes it to become harmful to clothing.  Any clothing placed in that stockpile will now wear out very quickly.

(*) For certain values of standard.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 18, 2015, 03:42:00 pm »

Nope.  The standard(*) workaround is to create a clothing stockpile that takes from anywhere, and let that be your "used clothing" stockpile.  Then make another clothing stockpile that takes from the clothier's shop, and takes from links only.  This will be your "new clothing" stockpile.

Ah, yes, perfect! Thanks!

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: December 18, 2015, 05:57:55 pm »

It's called the trading post.  You use 'g' to move the clothes there when the customers come to buy clothes.  I don't know what elves do with old worn out soiled dwarf clothes, but they sure love them.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 18, 2015, 06:04:17 pm »

I have a squad training that is "waiting for combat training"

Are they still waiting because the militia commander (the squad leader) hasn't arrived yet? Or could there be an alternative reason?

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: December 18, 2015, 06:59:09 pm »

I just noticed there are also some "long bolts" as a option in "assign ammunition to military" screen. What are those for? Long crossbows?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

JustMercy1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 19, 2015, 09:19:51 am »

When my dwarves commit crimes, they're usually beat senseless. The hammerer is clearly a harsh SOB, but it seems like it's a little overkill when a dwarf disrupts the labor process or breaks a mandate it gets his legs broken by a law enforcer with a silver warhammer. Like... Clearly, America's problems with the criminal justice system are minimal in comparison to the crazy shit my Dwarf Cops get up too.

Edit: My legendary miner just got beat to death for what I can only assume was my mistake for having him haul a banned export good to the depot and I traded it off. Whoops. Hot damn, though.

It's either an amazing "feature," or dwarven justice needs a nerf
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:22:54 am by JustMercy1994 »

JustMercy1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 19, 2015, 09:21:45 am »

Mispost.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 19, 2015, 10:22:17 am »

When my dwarves commit crimes, they're usually beat senseless. The hammerer is clearly a harsh SOB, but it seems like it's a little overkill when a dwarf disrupts the labor process or breaks a mandate it gets his legs broken by a law enforcer with a silver warhammer. Like... Clearly, America's problems with the criminal justice system are minimal in comparison to the crazy shit my Dwarf Cops get up too.

Edit: My legendary miner just got beat to death for what I can only assume was my mistake for having him haul a banned export good to the depot and I traded it off. Whoops. Hot damn, though.

Point 1: So you would rather your legs be broken because you have given that order?
Point 2: Silver is one of the best materials for bash weapons (war hammers/maces). If you want to have a law enforcer, why to give him such a strong weapon? Give him some wooden hammer, the better from some light wood.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

JustMercy1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: December 19, 2015, 10:40:19 am »

Point 1: So you would rather your legs be broken because you have given that order?
Point 2: Silver is one of the best materials for bash weapons (war hammers/maces). If you want to have a law enforcer, why to give him such a strong weapon? Give him some wooden hammer, the better from some light wood.

That's a good tip, I looked at the wiki for density of materials and what not. It's just what the hammerer had beforehand, but I think I'll specifically equip him with something weaker.

I still think 20-40 hammer blows is a little crazy harsh, but my doctors got good training I guess...

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 19, 2015, 01:49:56 pm »

Is anyone else getting a strange bug where removing constructed floors will occasionally transmute the floor to sand?

Ditto, I thought saplings couldn't grow on smooth floors even when they are muddy, but they are doing so.
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

Pompan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: December 19, 2015, 02:01:07 pm »

(Adventure Mode) Is it possible to make companions less scared? Because currently my companions are always mentioning how scary everything is and sometimes they even panic for no reason.. uhh..

MeanMe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 19, 2015, 03:02:38 pm »

I haven't been playing for a while but as I've been keeping up with the patch notes I have the itch to start digging again. But I'm one of those people for whom random bugs and things just not working can quickly drain the fun out of the experience, how ever much they add FUN in the process. As I only have a few days before the holidays anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should start with the newest version or the older, slightly more stable one and then update next month when things are a bit more solid again. I'm leaning towards the first, but worried that I might shoot myself in the foot in some fashion. For example, I gather the world gen has been improved somewhat and sieges happen again so if I gen the world in the older version and then later update, might I be missing out on stuff and just be forced to restart anyway? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: December 19, 2015, 03:04:44 pm »

Cross-posting from the adventure mode forum.

One of my traveling companions is classified as a spearman, but in all our battles she's only bashed enemies with a tower shield, never once using her spear. It's surprisingly deadly.

If I give her another tower shield and take the spear away, will she dual-wield them?

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: December 19, 2015, 03:47:33 pm »

if I gen the world in the older version and then later update, might I be missing out on stuff and just be forced to restart anyway?
You'll miss out on, at the bare minimum, the procedurally generated instruments.
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 268