Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 440127 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #3135 on: January 31, 2017, 12:39:51 am »

Are they crippled? What does their wounds screen say?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 12:42:51 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: January 31, 2017, 06:50:20 am »

No, none of them has any health troubles. Except for occasional being thirsty or drowsy due to their slow crawling around the map.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: January 31, 2017, 04:59:49 pm »

Is there anything strange in their status or inventory screens, or is there an evil biome effect? Was there any combat reports? Do you have a hospital and medical noble?
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: January 31, 2017, 05:12:13 pm »

By the red outline, those look like zombies to me hence the slow creeping instantly killed by evil weather/other things. Though im not sure on the particular artistic pack you're using affects this.

Usually if they were hurt it would flash [X] (stunned/extreme nausea) or [ + ] to display a major/medium injury like a broken leg etc.

Yes. Certain varieties of fog with thrall you (turning you into intact buffed zombies) or kill you instantly (some are like wafting acid storms and will literally just melt off your face) one way or another, absolutely ready to rise again when the fog clears & the bodies reanimate.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: February 01, 2017, 08:40:58 am »

It seems to me that many of my dwarves (as many as half, in fact) in the fortress are crawling all the time (I figured it out by their icon and moving speed).
This is very annoying, as it slows down everything very badly.

Is there any known bug like this? Does any solution exist? (I play 43.03).

It's possible for a syndrome to paralyze or otherwise disable limbs. An evil cloud, dust-spewing forgotten beast, or even a contaminated immigrant from a prior fortress could have started the epidemic. There is a bug which causes contaminants to multiply; the normal result is an unsightly mess, but spreading a syndrome can be deadly.

None of them has any health troubles. Except for occasional being thirsty or drowsy due to their slow crawling around the map.

The quality of health information provided by the game is dependent upon the diagnosis skill of your chief medical dwarf. I suppose an incompetent diagnostician might somehow overlook the fact that half your fortress is crawling around.

OAOGigmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey Domas! Let's visit the tavern with DEMONS!"
    • View Profile
    • OAOGigmaster's Twitch Channel
« Reply #3140 on: February 02, 2017, 10:55:15 am »

It seems to me that many of my dwarves (as many as half, in fact) in the fortress are crawling all the time (I figured it out by their icon and moving speed).
This is very annoying, as it slows down everything very badly.

Is there any known bug like this? Does any solution exist? (I play 43.03).

I play 43.03 myself, and I've never seen what could be called a 'bug' regarding dwarves crawling around.

My suggestion, would be to pump out about 40 splints and crutches, select a chief medical (anyone who has good stats for diagnostician will work), and enable the medical labors for all of your dwarves. Make sure you have a hospital space designated (using zones), and see what happens. I've never seen chronic... crawling amongst my dwarves when these things are available.

Hopefully this helps.
Mondays @ 4pm EST, 9pm GMT: Dwarf Fortress Nightmares
Fridays @ 4pm EST, 9pm GMT: Dwarf Fortress Successions
twitch.tv/oaogigmaster

"Of course the frelling monarch is the last to die."

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: February 02, 2017, 11:22:03 am »

I can't figure out how to settle debts in adventure mode.

I owe a tavern keeper 24 coins, but when I use the Trade/settle debts option and try to give him 24 coins, he says that he's confused and asks me if I wanted something.  Both the Trade/settle debts and the Exchange personal items screen show that I owe him 24, so it's not like the debt bugged out and got erased.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: February 02, 2017, 11:32:14 am »

I can't figure out how to settle debts in adventure mode.

I owe a tavern keeper 24 coins, but when I use the Trade/settle debts option and try to give him 24 coins, he says that he's confused and asks me if I wanted something.  Both the Trade/settle debts and the Exchange personal items screen show that I owe him 24, so it's not like the debt bugged out and got erased.

Eh, just offer him the mugs. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: February 02, 2017, 11:46:05 am »

Eh, just offer him the mugs. :V

Huh.  That actually works.

The problem seems to be that I can't both offer money and ask that my debt be forgiven in the same transaction.  Is it true that you can't use money to pay tavern keepers, or have I encountered a one-off bug?

Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: February 02, 2017, 04:38:28 pm »

No, none of them has any health troubles. Except for occasional being thirsty or drowsy due to their slow crawling around the map.
What does their v->w screen say? Does it say prone? Climbing?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: February 02, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »

Thanks for the answers. It actually good to know, that this is not a common issue, so there is a hope I can fix it at some point!

I have a chief medical dwarf, and a hospital (with beds, traction benches, crutches, splints, and everything). The chief medical dwarf has dabbling diagnosis skill though (I have no better among others). So, if a bad diagnostician can fail to see health troubles (I didn't know that), this defenitely can be an issue. Yet, none of dwarves requires diagnosis, neither they go to the hospital. Even the chief medic himself always crawls and has no worries about it.

I don't have any evil fogs (biome is not evil), and I didn't touch a single forgotten beast in this fortress. But I actually like the idea that it can be some syndrome brought by the immigrants. I play the series of fortresses, so more than half of the dwarves came from the earlier fotresses, where they possibly could be diseased. But the syndrome typically spreads to many dwarves very fast, isn't it? Here the number of affected dwarves seems to be quite constant.

What does their v->w screen say? Does it say prone? Climbing?
It says nothing. But it always does so, isn't it? Sleeping dwarves are also prone (they have the same icon background also), but v-w says nothing about it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: February 02, 2017, 08:57:09 pm »

It says nothing. But it always does so, isn't it? Sleeping dwarves are also prone (they have the same icon background also), but v-w says nothing about it.
Sleeping dwarves say "Unconscious", and there are indicators for distraction, winded, tired. I don't remember if climbing shows up there.

"Overcome by terror!" and "Enraged at all enemies!" are mentioned on v->g, for whatever reason.

Prone doesn't seem to be on any of them, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:02:22 pm by Bumber »

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: February 02, 2017, 09:01:26 pm »

Prone doesn't seem to be on any of them.

Yes, that's what I meant. It is one of the effects which are not reported there.

But I'm pretty sure they are prone, it's left to figure out why, and how to make them stand.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: February 02, 2017, 09:03:24 pm »

Maybe they're just stupid and forgot to stand up after crawling past each other.

Try to see what happens after having one ride in a minecart, swim, or something else that might require a stance change.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:07:22 pm by Bumber »

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: February 03, 2017, 06:10:02 am »

The problem seems to be that I can't both offer money and ask that my debt be forgiven in the same transaction.  Is it true that you can't use money to pay tavern keepers, or have I encountered a one-off bug?

Yes.  As far as I know there is no way to spend money.  I believe a bug has been logged, but I don't have a link offhand.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 268