Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1847327 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #765 on: November 23, 2014, 01:52:58 pm »

i dont know if this has been asked or if i didnt saw it in the development plan but.

will adventurers be able to tame or buy domesticated creatures? i mean, like getting war/hunting dogs or even exotic pets as aditional support. also exotic mounts
Yes, this is planned:
Adventurer Role: Hero
*Mounts
**Can buy them as with livestock, handled as with livestock
Basic Adventure Mode Skills
*Raising livestock
**Ability to buy a livestock animal and lead it around
**Keep track of your animals as with hunted animals so they are not easily and permanently lost
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 23, 2014, 02:29:40 pm »

Before I ask this of Toady, I'll ask this of the community - is touch range same-tile only, or is it adjacent tiles, like hand to hand combat?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 23, 2014, 03:23:14 pm »

Before I ask this of Toady, I'll ask this of the community - is touch range same-tile only, or is it adjacent tiles, like hand to hand combat?

Adjacent.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 23, 2014, 07:20:37 pm »

Will gelding potentially change animal behaviour, making them less likely to fight for the pasture, for example?
I don't think hormones are modeled (yet). If it did change behavior beyond the animal ability to mate, it probably would have been said. The post was just talking about changes to mating.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 24, 2014, 11:25:47 am »

not sure if this has been asked already but how high is implementing the magic items
 such as   ◀Sword►

on the list.  im craving a ◀!!<<bone Sword>>!!► just for the shear awesomeness of running around with a magical flaming bone sword. who cares bone is not the best material for a sword. its AEWSOME!

(even more awesome if its dragon bone and has fire opal on it)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 24, 2014, 11:34:58 am »

Pretty low. Toady has mentioned in the latest DF Talk that the non-player artifact portion of the upcoming development plans might lead to artifacts with magical powers, but if it doesn't, it'll likely take a while until there are more opportunities for them to enter the game.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 24, 2014, 12:28:18 pm »

(twitches) magic artifacts....must have....flaming sword.....
I also like the dip things in poison idea. I mean right now we have people leaving coins in evil clouds then coming to get them before throwing the coins at things and husking them, killing them by vomiting to death. all good ideas, personally I would love to fill a moat with fb secretions of death.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 24, 2014, 02:38:27 pm »

not sure if this has been asked already but how high is implementing the magic items
 such as   ◀Sword►

on the list.  im craving a ◀!!<<bone Sword>>!!► just for the shear awesomeness of running around with a magical flaming bone sword. who cares bone is not the best material for a sword. its AEWSOME!

If Toady implements magic swords, they're more likely to have a random SPHERE effect.

It may result in a sword which makes enemy very unhappy upon being hit. Or may render enemy completely unfertile. Or may curse enemy so that he will never be successful at fishing ever again. Or make enemy the worst trader known to this world.

There are many spheres.
._.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 24, 2014, 02:42:17 pm »

such as   ◀Sword►

If Toady implements magic swords, they're more likely to have a random SPHERE effect.

It may result in a sword which makes enemy very unhappy upon being hit. Or may render enemy completely unfertile. Or may curse enemy so that he will never be successful at fishing ever again. Or make enemy the worst trader known to this world.

There are many spheres.
A skilled swordsman can do any of those things with a normal sword :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 24, 2014, 03:56:21 pm »

WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 24, 2014, 04:13:20 pm »

but isn't there a sphere for fire? I need to brush up on my sphere knowledge. I haven't checked them since I made that entity file

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 24, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »

but isn't there a sphere for fire? I need to brush up on my sphere knowledge. I haven't checked them since I made that entity file

Spheres.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 24, 2014, 07:29:46 pm »

ahhh yes. thank you for saving me the trouble of going to the wiki, yes there is a fire sphere so even if it is sphere based fire is not out of the question. but the spheres of darkness, chaos ad blight are also interesting....heheeheheheMWHAHAHAH. perhaps a sword of darkness that causes temporary blindness, or chaos causing....chaos....blight...ohhh....sickness causing necrosis...hehhhe these give me diabolical ideas......put a magic artifact in a trap....hehehehahahhahhah. my evil mind shall find much joy tonight. :D

(endlessblaze cancels resume playing DF: discussing evil ideas on fourms)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 24, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »

And the birth sphere effect spawns babies of the species you're fighting whenever you strike them. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 24, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »

I had the same thought.

what about rainbows?
rain could make it rain....but rainbows :-\

WAIT! I just rembered something could have more than one sphere... :o
darkness+fire
a dark flame that blinds those it touches (temporally)
rain+fire I think that goes without saying.
rain+darkness.....

think of the possibilities! :o the power. THE POWER!!! (endlessblaze is taken by a hopeful mood)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 306