Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1847316 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3000 on: December 10, 2015, 05:20:51 pm »

Will we ever get more Legends Mode tabs? Like for music/instruments, maybe?

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: December 10, 2015, 06:44:01 pm »

Will the amount of food that can be fairly effortlessly gathered off the surface from trees and bushes be nerfed a bit to help food/drink resource management not feel so trivial?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: December 10, 2015, 07:06:32 pm »

Will the amount of food that can be fairly effortlessly gathered off the surface from trees and bushes be nerfed a bit to help food/drink resource management not feel so trivial?

I don't think it will be nerfed. What may happen is that unprocessed food may soon not be as nutritious as processed food, or different foods may have different value of nutrition, so to feed a meal to a dwarf you may need one bread, or 2 plump helmets, or 5 apples, for example.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: December 10, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »

Because three lettuce leaves and three prepared elephant hearts do not have the same nutritional value.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3004 on: December 10, 2015, 09:36:25 pm »

...honestly, which is more filling? Most people... don't eat elephant hearts.

THEY DO NOT KNOW THE HORROR OF THE BOATMURDERED
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: December 10, 2015, 09:37:37 pm »

In Soviet Russia, elephants eat your heart.

Wait, that's the norm. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3006 on: December 10, 2015, 10:02:49 pm »

In Boatmurdered you mean. :P
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: December 10, 2015, 10:06:46 pm »

I bet weapons are to exacting to be rng'ed up.
I doubt it. The main problem right now is that there isn't much to vary for random weapons (and even less so for other items), as I've noticed in my random entity creature script. The main difficulty would be the "exposition" I guess.

Exposition would defiantly be the load bearing feature. If you take thing like, swords or spears or hammers, as simply descriptive instead of prescriptive, the game could just generate us some very broad, dull "swords" that'll use the sword skills, but they're maces or hammers. If we get abstracted description of the sword that might help us? But unlike musical instruments, where its mostly abstraction, for combat there a fair bit of simulation.

Eventually the playerbase would learn what the descriptor mean for weapons, and we'll be able to tell when it give us fat swords or light hammers.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: December 10, 2015, 10:43:18 pm »

I bet weapons are to exacting to be rng'ed up.
I doubt it. The main problem right now is that there isn't much to vary for random weapons (and even less so for other items), as I've noticed in my random entity creature script. The main difficulty would be the "exposition" I guess.

Exposition would defiantly be the load bearing feature. If you take thing like, swords or spears or hammers, as simply descriptive instead of prescriptive, the game could just generate us some very broad, dull "swords" that'll use the sword skills, but they're maces or hammers. If we get abstracted description of the sword that might help us? But unlike musical instruments, where its mostly abstraction, for combat there a fair bit of simulation.

Eventually the playerbase would learn what the descriptor mean for weapons, and we'll be able to tell when it give us fat swords or light hammers.

Certainly I think the majority of the weapons would have to remain unprocedural, but perhaps each civ could have a "Signature weapon" of sorts.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: December 11, 2015, 06:32:12 pm »

Currently, underground plants are seasonal and aboveground plants can be grown at any time. This makes no sense. Will it ever be fixed/changed?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: December 11, 2015, 06:39:28 pm »

You'd think the reverse would make sense, wouldn't you.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Verdant_Squire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: December 11, 2015, 06:44:00 pm »

Right now, human villages aren't very interesting when compared to their towns, who now have several different types of buildings. Are there any plans to expand the buildings available to the smaller sites, so that we can perhaps see the occasional small inn, shop, or shrine in them?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: December 11, 2015, 06:52:06 pm »

Right now, human villages aren't very interesting when compared to their towns, who now have several different types of buildings. Are there any plans to expand the buildings available to the smaller sites, so that we can perhaps see the occasional small inn, shop, or shrine in them?

The funny thing to me is that, while towns are more interesting than hamlets overall, the mead halls are more interesting than keeps. Keeps seem to never have supplies to take.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: December 11, 2015, 06:54:40 pm »

I JUST WANT TO GROW PIG TAILS YEAR ROUND WITHOUT FEELING LIKE I'M CHEATING

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: December 11, 2015, 07:37:21 pm »

I JUST WANT TO GROW PIG TAILS YEAR ROUND WITHOUT FEELING LIKE I'M CHEATING
You could mod shearable tails onto pigs... :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 306