Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116917 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2014, 03:06:19 pm »

"He did not kill one of us. It is alarming that they moved to kill the strangers so quickly, but both strangers harbored ill intentions. They saw a threat to all of us and only hoped to protect, however rashly. I will have a word with them on their violent impulses."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2014, 03:26:10 pm »

"Tuktu, I heard you killed that foul outsider? Good, it hopefully we will have no more problems with outsiders spreading their evil ways. Try to work together with some other travelers to bind together sticks with grass, and travel across on those.
"It is wrong to give praise for violence which was not done to prevent violence. Your impulses were to protect the tribe, however. One man claiming to be a god, another claiming he deserves to rule and can control animals. Part of me wants to believe these men were the same. These are strange times when outsiders come proclaiming such things; it is not natural."

"He did not kill one of us. It is alarming that they moved to kill the strangers so quickly, but both strangers harbored ill intentions. They saw a threat to all of us and only hoped to protect, however rashly. I will have a word with them on their violent impulses."
"I agree with you that their hearts were with the tribe, and they fought the threat they perceived. Perhaps your words are all it will take to prevent such quick outbursts in the future."
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2014, 03:29:20 pm »

(( Are we close together? I know were moving, but they still have the head start, right?))
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2014, 03:33:21 pm »

"Tuktu, I heard you killed that foul outsider? Good, it hopefully we will have no more problems with outsiders spreading their evil ways. Try to work together with some other travelers to bind together sticks with grass, and travel across on those.
"It is wrong to give praise for violence which was not done to prevent violence. Your impulses were to protect the tribe, however. One man claiming to be a god, another claiming he deserves to rule and can control animals. Part of me wants to believe these men were the same. These are strange times when outsiders come proclaiming such things; it is not natural."

"I agree with you that their hearts were with the tribe, and they fought the threat they perceived. Perhaps your words are all it will take to prevent such quick outbursts in the future."
you hear a ghostly whisper I didn't say I could control animals... Just that it might of been one of the solutions.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2014, 04:10:21 pm »

((Everyone is probably wondering why you are talking to air.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2014, 04:12:06 pm »

((Everyone is probably wondering why you are talking to air.))
((Because it's tough to keep track of who is where! :P Also, nobody is wondering. I'm the shaman. it's in my job description.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2014, 02:32:00 am »

Assist Kurgle in building. Perhaps, we should make more for the tribe?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2014, 02:56:34 am »

(( Are we close together? I know were moving, but they still have the head start, right?))

somebody who can make sense of it all should draw a map
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2014, 03:27:50 am »

somebody who can make sense of it all should draw a map
It makes sense. And map would be... Wrong. But, if anyone can draw it on a wet sand, it would be proper.

GM stated clearly, who of the players moved. Some hunters are also absent. Well, that's all.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2014, 03:45:22 am »

see if conrak has invented pouch on end of stick yet if not invent it myself call it net

this is good ever since i first scoped up those leaches i was planing to invent a net if conrak hadent already and it has the pleasant side affect of allowing me to possibly discover the sled so me and clangbunk can take our experiments with us

[5] Fortunately, you do not need the expertise of Conrak to obtain a pouch on the end of a stick, as you have a few sticks and more than a few pouches yourself. You pay a visit to Conrak anyway to show off your invention, only to find that he seems to have invented a much more impressive solution for carrying people's goods across the land - a sled of some kind.

Take out the chunk of obsidian that I obtained many moons ago,find a sturdy stick that is about 1 and a half feet long.

[4] You take out a very small chunk of black, hard stuff that you found near a mountain years ago - you did not trade it away, since you believed it to be an important artifact. You wonder if you could not make use of it now.

[1] The banks of the river, however, and a wide area around it as well seems devoid of sticks fitting your specifications - in fact, there are no trees for quite a distance in every direction. The land is not favored by the spirits of the wood, it seems.

"THANK-YOU, NUUTA. I WILL BRING BACK SOMETHING NICE FOR YOU."
GIVE NUUTA ONE OF PLOK'S PATENTED CHARMING SMILES

THEN HEAD OUT INTO HUNTING LANDS AFTER VUUKO AND HUNTERS, TRY AND PICK UP THEIR TRAIL

(ALSO: WHAT AM I WEARING? WHAT IS TRIBAL FASHION LIKE?)

[3] While your smile is not quite the most charming, it helps that Nuuta likes you despite this shortcoming, and smiles back. With that, you move out.

[5] Vukko's trail is easy for you to find, as he has not gone far - still wandering the nearby woods with his friend, examining the droppings of does and evidently trying to find meat in as legitimate a way as he can. You see him, and he has not seen you yet, which gives you quite the advantage.

Meshok Fish-Eyed saddened, but was not deterred. Why should he care that he would ultimately die, if he would enjoy the life he had? Realizing this, he would write a poem on a wall of a cave, proclaiming the sense of life is life itself, for future generations to ponder about.

[4] You cannot express yourself in any other way than drawings currently, but try your best to lay out this thought you have on the wall of the cave you live in. They flow reasonably well, and convey the idea nicely, or so you would say. You do not know if others will understand it as you do.

"Death for any reason is a tragedy, but not all tragedies have villains; do not blame Tuktu for his violence. Is it not natural to react with anger towards a man you just meet claiming power over you? This is not or way.

To comfort those who grow anxious by his words, his accusations were unfounded. He claimed only a single ruler could provide expertise, yet ask our brothers scouting the way. Their words were heeded by these elders. Those with wisdom of their own kinds are welcomed in this tribe, from great thinkers to scouts.

Now come, it is time to leave this place and tragedy behind us."

Perform a brief funeral ritual and then move east with the tribe.

[3] The funeral ritual confuses the tribesmen slightly, since they are unsure of whether a murder has really happened here or not - they trust your judgment, but they also find Tuktu's acts more than a little abominable, and still seem to be considering the stranger's words about having a chief of some kind.

At any rate, the tribe welcomes the opportunity to move away from all this, and you all head east, reaching the river slightly after nightfall - the forward party seem to have constructed a raft.

Meshok Fish-Eyed would step into the discussion saying an old saying of their people:

"The goal overrides the actions."

Whether or not I agreed with it, Tuktu tried to protect his tribe and should not be punished for fending off an outsider, especially now, in this nervous situation, when we are moving somewhere else.

[1] You would indeed step into such a discussion, had you not taken up the hermit's life and voluntarily exiled yourself from the tribe many years ago, hence your loneliness as of late.

Wander off to test my theory instructing Tuypogina to check on my plant graves every once in a while.

[1] After vaguely telling your apprentice to take care of your graves while you are gone, you wander off to the woods to lay traps without snares, but with food in them - you decide to go far into the woods, because it is the tallest trees that lightning strikes most. However, as it begins to get dark, you realize that you have forgotten to bring any food, though you believe you did at the time.

You are also becoming increasingly unsure of how exactly you got here, and while you begin to wander in search of a way out of the woods, night falls, and you can see little more. It is becoming cold, and you feel tired. You can sense movement of nightly beasts close by. They do not fear you anymore.

Conrak regards his work with satisfaction; this sledge will allow many families to carry more and travel easier, letting the tribe as a whole travel faster and with less fatigue. And just in time; it seems the Council has arrived at the decision Conrak knew they would, and the tribe is preparing to travel.

Conrak packs his things into the sledge and demonstrates its usefulness to other tribesmen. He crafts new sledges for those who ask, giving priority to those carrying supplies for women, children, and the elderly.

Your tribesmen admit that the sledge is a marvelously useful thing, and that each family would like on for its needs.

[5] The demand for sledges being obvious, you set about constructing a great deal of them, first for Kutuk, then for the rest of the tribe - the speed of the move is largely dictated by your work, as each family that gets a sledge promptly packs all of their belongings on it and leaves. The shaman and her family, naturally, get one right after Kutuk, followed by all others of importance who deem fit to move right away. Your day is filled with work, and only by the end of the day, when you have exhausted all materials, can you finally move out along with your own relatives.

Lead Kutuk to Gatorfang's body, if it no longer exists go to Kurgle and have him speak with Kutuk, if he or Tuktu is exiled, exclaim self exile, and Forbid Chantututu to follow

[1] The body, for some reason, appears to have gone missing, and so, after Kutuk has made adequate preparations, you attempt to catch up with Kurgle.

[4] Fortunately, the healer is as fast on his feet as you or the idiot, and you reach Kurgle eventually, by the river, where they seem to have constructed a raft. Tuktu is also present.

RESPAWN AS WITH SAME SPECIFICS AS BEFORE, TRY TO TAKE CONTROL OVER THE TRIBE

[5] You are the chief of the Fisher Tribe, the people of the western coast. The sea is your home, and your knowledge of boats and nets is unsurpassed amongst all the peoples of the west. You have begun to reign yesterday, after your father, the previous chief, had disappeared at sea over a year ago.

[5] Realizing there are no trees nearby, you, Haphan and a few others walk over to the woods and locate some trees - with the help of your axes and some grass, you quickly make a raft, and move it over to the river. There you are met by Nth, the camp idiot and Kutuk, the latter of which seems less than pleased.

Assist Kurgle in building. Perhaps, we should make more for the tribe?

[1] This raft idea seems strange to you, and you have the feeling that these will not do for the crossing - thus, you do not suggest they make more. It must be carefully tested first, you declare, for if the design is of insufficient quality, you may find yourselves responsible for the deaths of many.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2014, 04:20:38 am »

ask conrak to stay and help me find clangbunk before he leaves i have ideas for how he could improve his sled to allow him to catch up with the others anyway if he agrees go and find clangbunk if he dosent agree get angry at him then go and find clangbunk

so monk12 are you going to help us or leave

important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2014, 04:23:27 am »

Ask my fellow tribesmen "Could I rejoin my tribe?"
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

blazing glory

« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2014, 06:03:50 am »

Find a decent stick in the woods,if I fail to find one,then snap off a branch and use that.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2014, 06:24:42 am »

Remind Conrak about the giant spear he was to make me, and request one of the new wagon things he made, once I recieve these, go first on the raft, and begin my legend hunt, if I don't get these, begin anyway, and make my own creations on the road
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2014, 08:40:50 am »

((How long has it been since I started my experiment. Also why are we leaving? Shouldn't we wait for the forward scouts to come back?))
Listen for the river and follow that home. Then stare at my graves for several hours.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77