Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117229 times)

Nunzillor

Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2014, 10:05:23 am »

((In original RTDs if another player spent their action helping you it got a +1. It seems to me this next roll is the one that matters in our little saga, so could others help lead the tribe? It'll either result in duplicate actions, in which case maybe the best outcome is the one accepted, or bonuses to the roll.))

Chantututu helps lead the tribe.  Everybody dance now!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:25 am »

((In original RTDs if another player spent their action helping you it got a +1. It seems to me this next roll is the one that matters in our little saga, so could others help lead the tribe? It'll either result in duplicate actions, in which case maybe the best outcome is the one accepted, or bonuses to the roll.))

Chantututu helps lead the tribe.  Everybody dance now!
((Oh god.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2014, 11:02:13 am »

we can not risk taking any longer

set off to catch up with the tribe conrak can rest in the sled ill pull

also im glad we were able to successfully perform the potting
Onward! To learning!

Im sigging that
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2014, 11:52:40 am »

Go see if tribal healer has medicine for wolf bites.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2014, 11:58:10 am »

Actively seek wolves. Blood has historically been used as a water substitute, so do that. And alert the tribe if I find any springs or ponds.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2014, 02:20:19 pm »

Start shaping the black rock into a double headed blade and use the vines and stick and rock to make a Tomahawk.

((Also what's the status of our expedition? I'm having trouble keeping track of it in the long updates.))
((Tomahawks are single-headed))

"Tribe members, do not be alarmed! This wasteland is not our destination, merely a path we take! Is it not good to travel on land with few predators to bother us, few trees to impede our path?"

To the others counted amongst the elders she said, "Brothers and sisters, I need your help keeping the tribe calm and true to this path. If they stop before we reach the land for which we set out I'm afraid they well not survive the year..."
"We will help, as always, to protect the tribe. Do not worry yourself overmuch about leadership, Arlia. The formal structure makes little difference. It is a poor council that does not defer to the arbitration of its wisest member, and it is a poor chief who does not listen to the wisdom and views of the rest of their tribe."

"Shaman, doctor, you are both fools. You believe you have the power of judgment over something you are a waste in. You threaten, to punish those who defend you! And all you do, is chant uselessness, which will kill us, and defend those who wish to destroy us! You march us out here, to foreign land we do not know. If anyone dies, I blame YOU for your foolishness. If you punish another, YOU will recieve judgment.
"It is not right to hold the shaman solely responsible for this journey. The tribe wanted to leave once we all advised them, based on both our judgement and Haphan's assurances. It does not matter. The journey is begun, and we all must help each other survive it."

Help lead the tribe, telling those who are too young to remember the tricks we used to survive the last 2 moves.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2014, 04:07:05 pm »

Speaking to Elders

"My friends, these are troubled times. I am low on medicine, and the lands we pass through are barren. When we make it to these new lands Haphan has foretold, I am uncertain as to whether I will be able to acquire more. Haphan may be able to spot bountiful sources of food, but there are other, finer details that he may have missed as to this new spot. I support this move, but I am still worried."

To Salsacookies

"He was not directly attacking the tribe, trying to hurt us. His suggestions may have been outlandish, or horrifying to some, but they are not worth killing over. Past is past, and done is done, but I cannot help but wish that this could have been avoided."

"Defend us from what, exactly? Harsh words? I can handle harsh words, although I am not certain about you, Nth."

"Hmm. You appear to be saying us elders are useless to the tribe, since we do not bring in food, or something along those lines. Forgetting, for a moment, the fact that many of this tribe owe me their lives -including you, Nth- leadership is key to any success. A disorganized tribe would never survive. If you believe that pure anarchy would be better for the tribe, then push me out of power. I mean, it should be easy, since you have the people supporting you, right?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2014, 04:14:50 pm »

Spit on the ground, and show Kutuk my cut hand
"Here then, let me show you your true worth
Find healing supplies, and mend myself in front of him. I will continue searching through the woods until I find healing supplies, i'm not returning until I find them, someone drags me back, or someone finds me dead. Consider me exiled until then.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:19:23 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2014, 04:17:39 pm »

Kutuk chuckles.

"I do more then just heal cuts, youngling. I've saved us from diseases that killed hundreds of other tribes. I have saved warriors who have lost entire limbs. I know you think you understand everything, but you really don't, youngling."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »

((My guys a real jerk isn't he? If he dies, my next guy will be MUCH more mellow :P))
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2014, 04:23:12 pm »

Kutuk, seeing that the conversation is more or less over, walks away and checks among the tribe to make sure everyone is healthy.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2014, 04:25:38 pm »

((You guys are with the back or front group?))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2014, 04:29:33 pm »

(( I think we're with you, since I took Player to you to talk to you.))
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2014, 05:01:07 pm »

((We're mostly in the same place now. Thinker, Tyupogina, Irk, Vukko & Plok are absent, as well as Philosopher (he's close to the tribe) and Haphan (out scouting).))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2014, 05:03:23 pm »

((Save me, I'm just an old bread eater with nothing positive to add!))
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77