Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117186 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #300 on: July 22, 2014, 09:47:15 am »

Uhoh.

It's time for Chantututu's best performance ever!  This time, imitate someone disliked-- apparently foreigners, for example, are frequently murdered-- in order to avoid people's hatred.
kinda sad my character won't be around to see that although I might catch up this round
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 22, 2014, 10:06:08 am »

remove the pots but have both me and clangbunk make a note of where we left them in case we ever return
"NO! I shall walk."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 22, 2014, 11:09:17 am »

How long have we been traveling?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2014, 12:35:48 pm »

"They are gone? But I am sure they are doing fine. They are skilled hunters, and sometimes hunting trips can take a while."
Continue going out to hunt, explore the general area as well.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 22, 2014, 03:39:04 pm »

((Whoo! Score one for age and experience :D))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 22, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »

((Whoo! Score one for age and experience :D))
(("Hey, y'all kids! Listen up! I've lived longer than you, therefore I'm SMARTER, BETTER, and more EXPERIENCED than you! So listen to me next time!"))

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »

remove the pots but have both me and clangbunk make a note of where we left them in case we ever return
"NO! I shall walk."
very well we shall keep the pots get out and pull

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2014, 10:09:50 pm »

DAMNIT

QUICKLY KICK IRK IN SHINS

THEN GET UP AND RUN AWAY

STOP SOMEWHERE WITHIN EARSHOT, TURN AROUND SHAKE FIST AND SAY

"I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET VUKKO!"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2014, 10:50:04 pm »

((Where are these three?))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2014, 10:50:44 pm »

((Hunting. I believe they split from the fore group.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2014, 10:55:23 pm »

((I'M NOT ACTUALLY SURE
THINK THEY WERE WITH HUNTERS, THEN WANDERED OFF INTO FOREST
I JUST FOLLOWED THEM AND NOW THEY NOT POSTING))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 23, 2014, 05:37:55 am »

Tuktu continues to maintain silent vigil over the tribe, seeking to protect them from any threats as they journey to a new home.

[3] Threats largely fail to manifest, as there are few things living in the badlands, and most of them are skittish - however, there are a few large birds living here. They seem quite predatory, and have occasionally attacked your tribesmen - you did shoot one down, but otherwise the birds are difficult to oppose, and have attempted, once successfully, to carry off several of the smaller children. Unable to do much, you advise men, women and children to always walk around in the company of one another, and to never leave infants unsupervised.

"NO! I shall walk."
very well we shall keep the pots get out and pull

[2] You find that Clangbunk happens to be both light and of little help in pulling the sled - you do begin making progress, but it is quite slow, and you don't think you'd really stand a chance of catching up to the rest at this rate.

Use a flint blade to make a tomahawk then.

Where am I right now?

[1] You begin making your tomahawk, only to find that you have no flint, contrary to expectations, and you don't know where to find any, having traveled into the unfamiliar badlands with the rest of the tribe.

"Now, we must chose a route most suitable for the tribe. I have crossed the desert that lies ahead, but it is not wise to lead children and elders into it. We can try to go slightly to the north or south..."

Remember what perils lie ahead and try to figure out how to pass them.

[4] Few noteworthy perils lie ahead - you have already mostly arranged the solution to the issue of the badlands, and after those are passed (you make sure that the tribe knows where the final stretch, a bit where the resources run even thinner than usual, happens to be, so that they may prepare themselves), the lands begin to turn much more hospitable, with slightly more familiar fauna and flora, and hopefully much fewer troubles. The only peril you can think of that could apply is that another tribe may have gotten there first, which could easily lead up to bloody conflict, but you find this unlikely.

Finally, people to amuse and annoy! I'm back...

Well, through the years of loneliness, I craved only one thing... alright, companionship was also a concern, but most importantly:

ALCOHOL

Raid the tribes alcohol supplies, make a party, sing sea shanties, write poems.
If our tribe hasn't invented alcohol yet, share my knowledge with them, make some nice drinks  with my beloved substance, party with them. Always sea shanties, though.

[6] Your time alone has given you much opportunity to experiment with fermented food and drink, and your knowledge of the art of deliberate intoxication is especially great - you teach the tribe how to properly ferment certain fruit, and they seem intrigued by your promises of wine to soothe their spirits. Helped by several idle gatherer women, you create several batches of alcoholic beverages out of the available supplies, ones that meet the approval of your fellows and are quickly depleted - your intents of merriment are undercut by the demand for the resource, and the tribe seems most eager to put you to work on making more, leaving you little time for anything other than gathering supplies from the badlands, making alcohol and failing to write any poems due to being unable to write, the very idea of writing having not been invented yet.

Arrange search party to find lost tribesmen

"Kurgle! Come here, great hunter. You say you're the foremost, yet you do not even notice the Plok,Vukko, OR Irk are not here. They went out to hunt didn't they? It's been weeks, and still they have not come back. I need a group of hunters to come along with me, to find them. I worry for them, yet you don't even seem interested in the least."

[4] A few hunters agree to follow you, though most seem to not particularly care about the fate of Vukko, Irk or Plok, given that none of them were well-liked in the least, and to turn back now in order to find them is a most unappealing idea to virtually anyone in the tribe.

"Haphan, you have done well. You thought of the herd even as you flew the eagle's path."

Help Haphan lerss the tribe along a safe route.

[4] It is with great jubilation that, after two months of grueling travel total, the tribe finally moves out of the badlands, whereupon large stretches of plains begin, no doubt formed by the grazing of large animals. Haphan assures the tribe that the bountiful lands are not far away from here - a massive river he has seen, and from here it took him a mere week to reach it - near this river there are sizable woods of trees taller than anything he had seen before, and stretches of the coast where all manner of life can prosper.

Help guide the tribe as well. Continue to keep an eye on the tribes health.

[6] The tribe is in better health than ever, although some of the oldest and weakest did expire on the way, seemingly unwilling to burden their juniors any longer, and a child was carried away by predatory birds during the crossing, but, while tragic, this also means that the stronger tribespeople have remained. While there is healing to be done on the way, you mostly treat minor trauma, heatstroke and exhaustion, as well as more serious wounds incurred while hunting, and disease has blissfully not touched your fellows in the least. You are a little concerned about how easily they have taken to Meshok's brew, however.

Put berries in the ground

[3] In accordance with what seems like a good idea at the time, you hide some berries in a discreet hole in the ground and then bury them for later use. Nobody questions this act, obviously, but you wonder if they are going to be particularly edible after, say, a week.

Uhoh.

It's time for Chantututu's best performance ever!  This time, imitate someone disliked-- apparently foreigners, for example, are frequently murdered-- in order to avoid people's hatred.

[5] Your insulting, depraved and distinctly unsympathetic as well as grossly misrepresentative depiction of foreigners as wildly gibbering heretics intent on destroying the tribe's traditional way of life who are prevented from doing so primarily by their catastrophic ineptness is met with a great deal of approval from the tribe, whose xenophobia is thus fed and affirmed as being a good thing. You find yourself tolerated once more, and many tribeswomen in particular find your performances both charming and true. You begin to receive invitations to sit by fires and join in festivities once more. Not many, naturally, but a few.

"They are gone? But I am sure they are doing fine. They are skilled hunters, and sometimes hunting trips can take a while."
Continue going out to hunt, explore the general area as well.

[4] You consistently bring in some of the largest yields of meat amongst your fellow hunters, and prove useful in hunting the predatory birds as well.

[2] However, your explorations, when you speak of them to the others, fail to provide information that Haphan has not spoken of at length already - he seems to have done a very good job of finding out the intricacies of both the terrain and the various resources available.

DAMNIT

QUICKLY KICK IRK IN SHINS

THEN GET UP AND RUN AWAY

STOP SOMEWHERE WITHIN EARSHOT, TURN AROUND SHAKE FIST AND SAY

"I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET VUKKO!"

[2] Irk and Vukko hold you in place effortlessly despite your efforts at kicking. Their faces are grim and their hunting has not gone well, so they try to think of what needs to be done now.

[4] Ultimately, they decide that it is not worth it to kill you themselves, and merely throw you into a pit they have dug to trap large animals before leaving to figure out their next move.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2014, 05:46:09 am »

try and leave the pots behind without clangbunk noticing and head off to catch up

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2014, 05:52:39 am »

Anounce a feast to fill our bellies with food and drink, but first find an oasis to sleep in. Party all day and night there to lighten the hearts of the tribesmen. Nothing else during that day, but party. Also SING SEA SHANTIES.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

blazing glory

« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2014, 06:27:47 am »

Meh...Find a differently sized stick and use my black rock to make a spear,since there's nothing else to use.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 77