Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117230 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2014, 05:15:14 pm »

((Save me, I'm just an old bread eater with nothing positive to add!))
((Lol. I quite enjoy reading your character.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 21, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »

((At least your more enjoyable to read than my angst machine I created. Your guy is happier than Nth at least. Hopefully I'll get to some character development with him soon enough. Must be painful to read. Enjoyable to write, not to read.))
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 21, 2014, 11:33:49 pm »

((Nth isn't that bad. Except that he dislikes me. ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 22, 2014, 03:38:07 am »

we can not risk taking any longer

set off to catch up with the tribe conrak can rest in the sled ill pull

also im glad we were able to successfully perform the potting

[1] Unfortunately, with Clangbunk's huge buckets, the rest of the supplies on the sled and Clangbunk himself, you cannot pull the sled on your own, as it is simply too heavy. You spend a moment wondering if you could not get rid of Clangbunk's 'experiment' - after all, if the choice is whether to survive or fool around, you very much prefer survival. Not to mention the fact that Clangbunk is likely to forget all about them in no time at all, and that you find buckets of dirt, especially when there's this many of them, a very much useless thing in your current situation.

Start shaping the black rock into a double headed blade and use the vines and stick and rock to make a Tomahawk.

((Also what's the status of our expedition? I'm having trouble keeping track of it in the long updates.))

[4] The miniscule piece of black rock is insufficient to make any sort of large blade, unfortunately, but you do not see any reason why you could not do the same thing with a flint blade - the black rock was not more durable than it, or in any other way more remarkable that you could tell. It is merely a curious little rock that you can show to your fellow tribesmen as it is right now.

SNEAK UP, WAIT UNTIL THEY LOOKING AWAY FROM ME DISTRACTED

THEN JUMP OUT OF HIDING, RUN TOWARDS VUKKO WITH A YELL AND THROW BIG ROCK AT HIM
HOPEFULLY HURT HIM ENOUGH TO DISTRACT HIM

THEN TAKE PROPER GRIP ON CLUB AND WHACK IRK OVER HEAD

BE SURE TO LOUDLY REMIND THEM THAT THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE MESSED WITH PLOK

[3] Your attempts at stealth unfortunately fail, as Irk manages to notice you before you've reached an appropriately close distance, which means that you must charge from slightly further away.

[2] This results in you missing Vukko with the rock, though you are not deterred, hefting your massive club at Irk nevertheless.

[1] As you do so, however, Irk stabs you with one of his flint knives, then forces you to the ground while Vukko takes away your club. They seem to be considering what to do with you right now.

The speed is indeed slower than I anticipated. But, perhaps we may visit several oasis that I encountered here back in my younger years?

[6] Fortunately for the tribe, you did spend some time plotting a route through the badlands - even though you were moving faster than them, you believe the small creeks and patches of slightly denser vegetation you have found will serve them well, and you try to guide the tribe along a route that hits as many of these resources as is reasonably possible.

Wonder why I was even thinking that.
"shut up you"

[1] You believe it may be because your only regret so far is not seeing your brother die, and the knowledge that he has not died by your hand, that you have not seen his perpetually smug expression, which he maintained even as he moved off into the wilderness, erased for all time. But now, you realize, the opportunity is lost, for he is no doubt dead already. You hope that it was at least a human hand that ended him, for then at least someone will have attained pleasure or peace of mind from the cessation of his existence.

I shall rush towards the tribe, when I get closer, scream for help, as I am dehydrated and tired.

[4] It takes you to the very limits of your endurance, but eventually you do reunite with the tribe, who, while not welcoming you with open arms, do at least recognize you, if only on the word of the elder members of the tribe. You have been gone for a long time, after all.

[6] Fortunately, the physical strain has not negatively impacted your health at all - in fact, the very next morning you feel oddly revitalized, having found companionship once more.

"Tribe members, do not be alarmed! This wasteland is not our destination, merely a path we take! Is it not good to travel on land with few predators to bother us, few trees to impede our path?"

To the others counted amongst the elders she said, "Brothers and sisters, I need your help keeping the tribe calm and true to this path. If they stop before we reach the land for which we set out I'm afraid they well not survive the year..."

Move tribe to fertile land seen by scouts.

[2] The badlands continue for the next three weeks of traveling, though thanks to Haphan's wise choice of route none of the tribe dies in that time period, though you do sense a profound hatred being directed toward the idiot for his misguided attempts at help.

Remind the elders that I am NOT their friend OR helper, that the only I accused Kurgle is because of THEIR stupidity in punishing an enemy of the tribe, and that I believe they are STUPID, LAZY, and USELESS, because of Their lack of physical contribution to the tribe,(So I'm not counting the fisherman or the crafter, but the shamen and docter and thinker), and that if they choose to punish their own again or anyone dies during the trek, he'll see to it that THEY recieve punishment.

[4] The elders find your posturing amusing, and even the tribe does not direct any ill will toward you for your words, considering that you are railing against the people who keep the tribe safe from the wrath of the spirits and the perils of disease. They do admit that Clangbunk and his apprentice are largely without merit, however.

Chantututu helps lead the tribe.  Everybody dance now!

[1] Your attempts only succeed at fomenting discord, as people believe you are mocking the shaman's efforts to keep the people alive and in a condition to keep moving onward. As you walk with the tribe, the looks of tolerance and vague amusement have given way to disgust and hatred, by and large.

Go see if tribal healer has medicine for wolf bites.

[2] He does not, at least not specifically, though he does have some balm to soothe your pain - it has to be used sparingly, for there are others who are sick on the way as well, and the path is surely perilous. He advises that you wash the wound carefully at the next creek you visit, and this you do indeed do.

[6] Fortunately, you would not be the foremost tribal warrior if you could be felled by something as simple as a series of wolf bites - though they do hurt quite a bit, you weather the pain and manage to avoid infection. The bite marks add large scars to your impressive physique.

Actively seek wolves. Blood has historically been used as a water substitute, so do that. And alert the tribe if I find any springs or ponds.

[4] Hunting over the next few weeks pays dividends - you do indeed find more wolves, the meat, blood and bone from which nicely supplements the food from the patches of vegetation and the water from the creeks - despite pessimistic forecasts, it looks as if the tribe will indeed survive without much trouble in the badlands, given the competence of the scout and, of course, the hunters.

Help lead the tribe, telling those who are too young to remember the tricks we used to survive the last 2 moves.

[5] Your help and advice prove invaluable, as you advise people to carefully ration both food and medicine in the manner you have learned over your lifetime, and most of all keep up the morale of the younger tribesmen with assurances that this is not the most adverse a move has gotten in your lifetime, and that things are actually looking up now - the renewed optimism along with the resources obtained along the way raises the spirits of the tribe immensely.

Spit on the ground, and show Kutuk my cut hand
"Here then, let me show you your true worth
Find healing supplies, and mend myself in front of him

[2] You are unsure how one mends a cut on one's hand - it is honestly a problem you have never encountered before. You know that for larger cuts people go to the healer and come back looking better, and for smaller cuts nobody goes to the healer at all - you have had only small cuts. Besides, you do not think it is bleeding much right now. It probably does not even need treatment, which you think proves your point, but nobody else seems impressed.

[6] The next few days seem to prove you right, as the cut heals over the next few days, leaving a surprisingly large and slightly painful scar.

Kutuk, seeing that the conversation is more or less over, walks away and checks among the tribe to make sure everyone is healthy.

[4] You find that the tribe seems healthy, both in spirit and in body - medicine is needed for some, such as a gatherer who needs a tooth removed, but other than that the extent of the care the tribesmen need is limited to small errands and perhaps a weak herbal cure or two. This is good news, as your supplies are not particularly depleted during the three weeks to follow.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 22, 2014, 03:53:49 am »

Tuktu continues to maintain silent vigil over the tribe, seeking to protect them from any threats as they journey to a new home.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 22, 2014, 03:59:28 am »

remove the pots but have both me and clangbunk make a note of where we left them in case we ever return

have clangbunk help pull
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:24:26 pm by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

blazing glory

« Reply #291 on: July 22, 2014, 05:08:32 am »

Use a flint blade to make a tomahawk then.

Where am I right now?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 22, 2014, 05:23:53 am »

"Now, we must chose a route most suitable for the tribe. I have crossed the desert that lies ahead, but it is not wise to lead children and elders into it. We can try to go slightly to the north or south..."

Remember what perils lie ahead and try to figure out how to pass them.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 22, 2014, 06:07:29 am »

Finally, people to amuse and annoy! I'm back...

Well, through the years of loneliness, I craved only one thing... alright, companionship was also a concern, but most importantly:

ALCOHOL

Raid the tribes alcohol supplies, make a party, sing sea shanties, write poems.
If our tribe hasn't invented alcohol yet, share my knowledge with them, make some nice drinks  with my beloved substance, party with them. Always sea shanties, though.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 22, 2014, 07:17:43 am »

Arrange search party to find lost tribesmen

"Kurgle! Come here, great hunter. You say you're the foremost, yet you do not even notice the Plok,Vukko, OR Irk are not here. They went out to hunt didn't they? It's been weeks, and still they have not come back. I need a group of hunters to come along with me, to find them. I worry for them, yet you don't even seem interested in the least."
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 22, 2014, 08:15:15 am »

"Now, we must chose a route most suitable for the tribe. I have crossed the desert that lies ahead, but it is not wise to lead children and elders into it. We can try to go slightly to the north or south..."

Remember what perils lie ahead and try to figure out how to pass them.
"Haphan, you have done well. You thought of the herd even as you flew the eagle's path."

Help Haphan lerss the tribe along a safe route.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2014, 08:29:51 am »

Help guide the tribe as well. Continue to keep an eye on the tribes health.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 22, 2014, 08:33:47 am »

((Good idea avoiding the desert, the men will have such a hangover, they'll die without water.))
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 22, 2014, 09:24:02 am »

Put berries in the ground

Nunzillor

« Reply #299 on: July 22, 2014, 09:43:37 am »

Uhoh.

It's time for Chantututu's best performance ever!  This time, imitate someone disliked-- apparently foreigners, for example, are frequently murdered-- in order to avoid people's hatred.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77