Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117251 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2014, 09:04:09 am »

Fearing the death of others, send the others back so that they may be safe with the tribe, then continue searching once more, they are still lost, and must be found
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2014, 10:13:16 am »

"Shaman! I have discovered something great! I have learned of a way to get the earth spirits to push up plants where we want them to! This is truly a great gift!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2014, 11:34:18 am »

"We face a serious problem. We have seen few animals in the area, and yet children disappear in the night without any sign. We must look into this, we cannot allow our children to be taken from us."

Find out who or what is taking the children. ((Assistance please!))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:36 pm »

"Shaman! I have discovered something great! I have learned of a way to get the earth spirits to push up plants where we want them to! This is truly a great gift!"
"These plants, will there be enough to feed us? Is this a way for the tribe to survive, or another empty promise? Perhaps your way will be necessary, but we must move at least a while longer, while we are still during enough to do so."
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2014, 12:14:02 pm »

((I assume we were already in the forest, and that's why my action wasn't in there?))
Gather more plants, and plant them in the forest in large numbers.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2014, 01:06:16 pm »

"These plants, will there be enough to feed us? Is this a way for the tribe to survive, or another empty promise? Perhaps your way will be necessary, but we must move at least a while longer, while we are still during enough to do so."
"Well not currently but if done on a large scale with supplementary inventions it should totally work. We will need a large body of water if we want anything effective though."
Draw up plans for basic irrigation. After all the strife is what pushed them up in the first place so continued strife is likely what makes them grow.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:12:34 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2014, 01:11:58 pm »

((I assume we were already in the forest, and that's why my action wasn't in there?))
Sadly, but:
[1] There is no scouting report (the only available information being that the plains go on for a distance yet, Haphan does not know what to do, and you lost sight of the woods over a week ago. The plains are proving more inhospitable than the badlands, in a way. At least there the hunters knew what to trap, even if it was only birds, and the locations of water sources.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2014, 01:13:45 pm »

Sadly, but:
[1] There is no scouting report (the only available information being that the plains go on for a distance yet, Haphan does not know what to do, and you lost sight of the woods over a week ago. The plains are proving more inhospitable than the badlands, in a way. At least there the hunters knew what to trap, even if it was only birds, and the locations of water sources.
Argh.

Try to plant some crops.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2014, 01:36:14 pm »

Actually, I missed you. Let's fix that.

"Tribe, we are close to a bountiful forest. Haphan probably just went in a wrong direction, as rivers can turn a lot and these badlands could stretch to either side of the land of milk and honey."     Bring tribe back to the forest, so Haphan can find the lands again.

[2] Without approval from the shaman, the tribe does not wish to follow you.

So nothing really would have changed either way.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2014, 02:11:22 pm »

Tuktu will retrieve all the missing children to redeem his honor.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2014, 03:11:32 pm »

I am Athuthas, Worshiper and scholar of Death, I am Man came From  far-away-land then find to tribe to help to make dead happy and to be Worshiper the death god without prosecution. Nickname:The Reaper

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2014, 03:48:00 pm »

Stab the reaper.

Try to find some healing herbs in the area.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 25, 2014, 04:01:38 pm »

Stab the reaper.

"Why does this healer hate me, I do Gravekeeper around here"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 25, 2014, 04:58:11 pm »

god damit im an alcholic now

break down in tears at my addiction and attempt to fix myself

[5] You decide not to do that to save yourself some unnecessary dramatics and instead just stop drinking. You have been at this for only about a few days, after all, and Kutuk says that water will help a tad. The terrible part is all of the water has been stolen, so you just make do with willpower, which works well, considering you are considerably younger and in better health than most people who would have trouble quitting their drinking habits, like Conrak, for instance.

WE SHALL GO NORTH THEN

[1] You send a war party northward, and they leave. About a month later, a war party returns - twice the size of your original war party it is, and once they begin to lob the heads of your own war party soaked in strange burning liquid at your remaining warriors and huts, you feel very much troubled as fires begin to break out and your own tribe begins to run in panic.

We need to keep moving! This land will leave us to starve!

Convince the tribe to move faster and to send out scouts who are not as delusional as Haphan,also get my knife back.

[1] Your frenzied agitation fails to move anyone, and though Haphan gives you your knife back, you feel that many tribesmen hold you and your panicking ways in lesser regard than Haphan's quiet failure, which enrages you further. And being forced to drink only alcohol for more than a day further pushes you toward the edge. You feel you may snap at any moment.

((Oh man, didn't mean for it to be that bad.  I thought it would just curb some of the alcohol drinking, not hide the water altogether in an impossible to find location.  The power of 6.))

Chantutu will drink some alcohol, then bring back the water.  He will try to do it stealthily, and hopes Lanku won't be too mad about spoiling their joke.

[1] You are, once in your life, ready to do the right thing and man up, only to be met with the direst reproach from Lanku at even considering such a thing - she discovers your attempt almost immediately, having noticed you heading away from the village and following you. In the argument that follows, you find yourself, in spite of your decent intentions, slightly taken with her, and the face she makes when you try to suggest that bringing the water back would be a good idea is one that fills you with almost soul-crushing sadness. Unused to the feeling of being even half-genuinely loved, you cave despite yourself, and follow her back home, the cache still undisturbed.

Dat string of unlucky rolls.

Return the knife to Hatika. Scout ahead - finding even just a mere shadow of the place I have seen would be a miracle now. Also, distance would somewhat guard me from an ire of some warriors and hunters.

[2] Over the next few days you begin to scout the plains further - it is indeed strange how you are finding nothing at all like what you sought, and you still wonder how this can be - a river does not simply disappear right out of the blue, so you must be missing something. Did the tribe somehow overshoot the distance? Perhaps it bent around in a way, and you all went a bit too far south, for the guidance of the stars was not perfect and the route you took was a tad different?

At any rate, you are not killed yet, which gives you and, by extension, the tribe, some chance that this can all be salvaged.

"Brothers and sisters, moving the tribe is never an easy task. There is much land which is poor, little which is fruitful. We will find a place soon, the spirits have promised us this."

Mediate/spirit walk to choose a direction and lead the tribe there.

[2] After conferring with the spirits, you deem it wise to proceed eastward, having faith in Haphan's original direction even if it seems to be taking inordinately long to reach the land he spoke of - Haphan himself seems to be doing scouting still, looking for a way to solve all this. Results are still not had - the plains continue, and few water sources are ahead, forcing much of the tribe to subsist on alcohol now that the previous stores of water have mysteriously disappeared. On the way a foreign tribesman is encountered - you can divine nothing of his words or intentions, but he does not share in your food or drink, and merely seems content to bury the dead.

Fearing the death of others, send the others back so that they may be safe with the tribe, then continue searching once more, they are still lost, and must be found

You send the rest of your compatriots back, then proceed through the badlands alone in order to find the few remaining stragglers.

[3] You find no one in the explorations of the coming week, and begin to doubt coming all this way for three people was a good idea - regardless, you continue, and survive in the badlands - you are not out yet, but you are moving as fast as you can, and you believe you will reach the river in not too long now.

"We face a serious problem. We have seen few animals in the area, and yet children disappear in the night without any sign. We must look into this, we cannot allow our children to be taken from us."

Find out who or what is taking the children. ((Assistance please!))

[6] As you stay up all night for over a week to watch for whatever is stealing the children away - eventually, you notice something - a strange, painted human figure in the night, accompanied by several others, moving toward the tent of a particularly drunken family - you immediately begin raising the alarm, and a few members of the figures turn to you, shooting several arrows at you, several of which hit, leaving you wounded as they make their escape, the stealing of children foiled, but your life now in danger.

[3] For the next period of time you languish, not quite healing, but also not dying - it is a time of weakness that you greatly dislike, but the tale you relay to the rest of the tribe disturbs them greatly, for it means that something does dwell in these plains, and that these ghosts in the night mean the tribe harm.

"Well not currently but if done on a large scale with supplementary inventions it should totally work. We will need a large body of water if we want anything effective though."
Draw up plans for basic irrigation. After all the strife is what pushed them up in the first place so continued strife is likely what makes them grow.

[6] You start sketching ideas wildly in the dirt at every resting period, raving about the need for planting parts of plants into the ground, then making new rivers to give them water - though nobody takes you seriously due to the way alcohol is the default beverage of choice since the water is largely gone, you continue to sketch, a plan forming in your mind. It is not workable by the tribe in its present state, and it will not be done in your lifetime by a long shot, but nevertheless you try and explain these plans to Tuypogina, making sure she understands and carries on even if you were to die on this plain or later on.

Try to plant some crops.

[4] Hoping against hope, you plant parts of plants you find around here in the ground - the tribe moves on, but perhaps you will come back with them and something will have grown, not that the things you plant are likely to be of much help in the face of starvation.

Tuktu will retrieve all the missing children to redeem his honor.

[6] Your investigation uncovers that there is a small group of what you believe to be five hunters or scouts shadowing the tribe - having uncovered this, you kill them all in a wild ambush, and bring back their corpses to the tribe - the children are still gone, but at least the tribe knows that you have slain their snatchers. And if things turn even sourer than they have already, they may serve as free food.

I am Athuthas, Worshiper and scholar of Death, I am Man came From  far-away-land then find to tribe to help to make dead happy and to be Worshiper the death god without prosecution. Nickname:The Reaper

[6] Though the tribe that wanders the plains understands nothing of your language, they cautiously permit you to stay once you run into them, as you eat little and speak nothing intelligible, and live in an area separate from them - you bury the plains hunters that the warrior brought back, slightly to his chagrin.

Stab the reaper.

You silently wonder why this particular foreigner has not been stabbed yet - it seems to be the prevailing thought among the tribesmen that all other human beings not of the tribe must be killed with extreme prejudice, after all. Perhaps because he does not speak or make demands, or try to convince anyone of anything.

[5] Experimentation with the plains flora leads you to uncover a wealth of healing herbs, remedies for a variety of ails - many of them, despite strange appearances, seem to have properties similar to plants you know well, and your supply of medicine is easily replenished.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 25, 2014, 05:07:39 pm »

DEFEND AGAINST THE INVADING WAR PARTY
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 77