Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117277 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #705 on: August 05, 2014, 03:29:11 am »

Support Tuktu.

"I owe him my life. Has he not burned all my painted captors to a crisp, they would surely finish me off!"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 05, 2014, 04:55:01 pm »

I think the remnants of the Fisher Tribe stole the captives. We bothered to take captives anyway, so some may live now, and that explains the lack of struggle. I propose a death squad be made, and sent to crush the Fisher Tribe from existence. Since I was a former Head before I became spokesman, and it was my idea of allowing to join was what caused the Union to nearly break, I will join, and hopefully kill the chief that caused us to nearly splinter

[5] They figure this sounds reasonable, and you are provided with a war party that you lead out to the ruins of the Fisher Tribe's village over the next few weeks. You do, however, have to wonder where they could have gone from here.

haphan I feel would be a poor choice to much of a wandering spirit oh I just had an idea
suggest we intruduce a system wherein every year we reevaluate who to make chief not only does it allow for new candidates to become chief before the old one dies  but it will force the chief to act in the best intrests of the tribe or the people will choose a difrent chief next year

[3] They think it's not a bad idea to be able to vote a chief out, but they are on the fence about the idea of voting every few years on new chiefs, since that seems very counterintuitive. The whole point of electing chiefs in the first place is that people don't need to vote, or concern themselves with more important matters than infighting and similar foolishness.

Oh fine.

I am Amitola Yurok,daughter of Hatika and fierce huntress!

Hunt some of the local creatures.

[5] You are indeed a fierce huntress, and right now happen to have overtaken Kurgle in terms of meat brought in, since he mostly busies himself with boats these days. Not that you feel the need to brag. The facts are quite evident already, and people do seem to respect you for your devotion to your work, especially now that animals have returned to the woods.

Oh well. Plant more plant heads.

[1] You eventually lose all of your current growing plants after you vainly plant them in the grass. Lanku seems less than impressed with your abilities at this point, and suggests that perhaps you need to reevaluate your current strategy somehow.

Look after spiritual well-being of tribe members.

[1] They seem quite unwell spiritually, in that they do not seem to care one bit for your spiritual babble. They seemed to much prefer you when you had practical advice to offer instead.

Try one last time to amass support as chief.  If it fails, Chantututututu gives his support to Tuktu, since he has similar ideas about interacting with other tribes, and more importantly ends his name in the same way.  He applies as one of Tuktu's advisors.

[2] With almost the entire tribe supporting Tuktu, you figure you should as well. He seems like the best man to enact policies of xenophobia and imperialism aside from you, you have to admit, and you sound distantly related to him. Not as much as Kutuk does, mind you, but you take what you can get. And thus the race to chiefhood ends, with Lanku being slightly disappointed at this failure.

[6] You do get a wonderful position as his adviser, or at least as the chief's idiot rather than the more general tribe idiot - nobody really sees the difference aside from you, and you suspect it is exactly this that made the last-ditch power grab so simple.

Start experimenting in other ways to get food.

[6] You realize that there is a wealth of food to be found in the woods in the form of grubs, beetles, earthworms and more, and in the grassier areas one can find many grasshoppers and such to feast upon. These, you believe, will form a very nice supplement to the fish, and you realize that anyone can gather them under any circumstances, which is very useful indeed.

Teach the other fisherman of sharks and whales and their many merits.

[5] You explain to them the mysteries of the whale and the difficulties of hunting one and carrying one around, and the immense trouble one has with sharks that feast upon a great many things in the water, including the whales if you have killed them. The sharks, you explain, have the roughest skin of any animal you know, and they never lose their teeth for long. They are predatory and possibly threatening if one is not careful. The other fishermen listen eagerly, for they have never heard of such things, and your stories are filled with a whole lot of detail - they did take place in your youth, after all, which are the days you remember most fondly in your life, and have kept always in mind.

((How many people can my boat fit? If about ten, then)) bring as many people as I can on a trip down the coast. ((If not, then))build a large paddle powered longboat.

[2] You begin building a larger boat, but the lack of aid hampers your efforts. You do believe you need to recruit some helpers right away, or you may never actually realize your seafaring ambitions.

((Tuktu for Chief! And now I have a vision of him being chief and turning into the Alexander the Great of this world, uniting all other tribes under his banner. Also, the wind spirit thing would be great to play up if I was lucky enough to have strong winds blow whenever Tuktu is angry.))

"One year is not long enough. A new chief every year would cause too much conflict if their ideas clash with the previous chief. If chiefhood is not for life, then I propose each chief hold their position for at least four years, so that their efforts might bear fruit."

Go check out those bronze weapons we looted, if we still have any. Continue garnering support for being lifetime chief.

[1] The bronze weapons have been carefully secreted away by whoever may have appropriated them in the first place - it seems that most of the tribe has begun to ascribe some greater significance to these objects, perhaps even idolize them - nobody wishes to reveal where they have gone, and you get the feeling nobody in the tribe wants to point fingers at any suspects, either.

[4] Meanwhile, the tribe agrees that you probably should be chief for as long as you like or as long as the tribe can bear, should your rule prove unjust somehow during the passage of time.

Excited that the old man understood my drawings, I decide to draw us a small distance away, with an arrow directing us to civilization. This may work.

[6] You draw an arrow on the floor pointing north, and make sure to pictographically connect it to the drawings of civilization and the idea that you should go there. The old man seems massively excited by this, and gets up from his seated position immediately.

Continue trekking towards the Homeland.

[3] You move along to nicer, cooler climes, where the forest is less thick and the rains less frequent. Here you feel much more at home after two months of northward travel, but you know there is still a long way to go. You wonder why you could not hire a boat to take you this way, really. It would have been so much simpler.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 05, 2014, 05:00:22 pm »

Wonderful! He understands me! Okay, now I point out the cave and usher him to lead me.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 05, 2014, 05:01:45 pm »

Trek onwards! Hopefully I come across a benevolent group of nomads who could lend me a spare mount.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 05, 2014, 05:04:21 pm »

Recruit helpers to build the boat. Promise them possible fame if we can discover new lands. Also, give whoever is the best hunter the position of head hunter.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:06:25 pm by Alev »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 05, 2014, 05:05:12 pm »

Get back to my roots and consult the shaman.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 05, 2014, 05:41:45 pm »

See if anything else can be easily accessible food

Nunzillor

« Reply #712 on: August 05, 2014, 06:28:10 pm »

First of all, Chantutu drools.  He then does the sad dance of political irrelevancy.  Lastly, he proceeds to search for the Holy Weapons, using his unassuming nature to gain the trust of others.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:54:56 pm by Nunzillor »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 05, 2014, 06:32:26 pm »

Inquire about the general status of the tribe. Also, if a strong wind starts to blow, act as though angry that the bronze weapons have gone missing.

((Couldn't hurt to play up the wind spirit bit of I get a chance.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

blazing glory

« Reply #714 on: August 05, 2014, 07:04:16 pm »

Set up traps for the animals.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 05, 2014, 07:11:56 pm »

very well we shall simply force him out if he stops acting in our best intrests
go get rid of any alcohol conrak has acquired
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 05, 2014, 09:50:06 pm »

Help track down weapons.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 05, 2014, 10:04:07 pm »

Look for clues about the whereabouts of the Fisher Tribe. They were able to reach us, they couldn't be that far
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 05, 2014, 10:53:13 pm »

CONTINUE MAINTAINING THE TRAPS I HAVE SET AROUND MY LITTLE PATCH OF FOREST
BUT DON'T KILL ANY MORE MEMBERS OF THE DELTA TRIBE I HAVE BEEN WATCHING, UNLESS I HAVE RUN OUT OF FOOD AGAIN ALREADY. NON-HUMAN CREATURES, MEMBERS OF OTHER TRIBES, THAT SORT OF THING, THOSE ARE ALL FAIR GAME

CONTINUE PONDERING MY NEXT MOVE, WATCHING THE TRIBE FROM AFAR
MAYBE IF I CAN BRING THEM SOMETHING OF VALUE, LIKE A LARGE SUPPLY OF FOOD, I COULD GAIN ACCEPTANCE...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 06, 2014, 03:30:09 am »

Wonderful! He understands me! Okay, now I point out the cave and usher him to lead me.

[6] He moves out of the cave at a surprisingly quick pace, nearly rolling down the hill as he rushes. You are not quite as agile, and you do roll down the hill, and even then you have to run to keep up with him as he moves north. It's quite peculiar how quick he is, in fact.

Trek onwards! Hopefully I come across a benevolent group of nomads who could lend me a spare mount.

[3] As you move through the grassy plains, you do eventually find a camp of nomads. They do not seem like the overly benevolent sort, however. And you do not recall them being here when you came through last time. On the other hand, they do seem to have tamed some kind of goat, and while you are fairly sure they do not use it as a riding animal, maybe they could give one to you regardless. At least they do not seem hostile, you are glad to note.

Recruit helpers to build the boat. Promise them possible fame if we can discover new lands. Also, give whoever is the best hunter the position of head hunter.

[4] After officially promoting Amitola to head hunter, or maybe foremost hunter, you're not sure, you recruit youngsters with idle promises of new lands, and they aid you in the building of the boat, and over the next few weeks the paddle-powered longboat is done. It has no sail due to the fact that you don't trust sails, but this is unimportant, because you do not know how to sail in the first place.

Get back to my roots and consult the shaman.

[1] You have a short, confusing conversation with Arlia before she ditches you in favor of looking for weapons. You have no idea what to do now.

See if anything else can be easily accessible food

[4] Well, there's people, but that's for emergencies only. Beyond that, you suppose tree bark could work if you were determined enough. Maybe moss on rocks and trees, and mushrooms, but mushrooms you tend not to trust much, since each good mushroom seems to have a poisonous double, and often it is difficult to tell them apart without experience.

First of all, Chantutu drools.  He then does the sad dance of political irrelevancy.  Lastly, he proceeds to search for the Holy Weapons, using his unassuming nature to gain the trust of others.

After you tire of drooling and dancing, you attempt to harness your apparent harmlessness in order to aid the chief.

[3] Your efforts do bring fruit, as you discover the location of a bronze sword - in a stone cairn outside of the camp that people strictly tell you to not go investigate, amid a bunch of useless bones and trinkets. You retrieve it and discreetly vacate the area.

Inquire about the general status of the tribe. Also, if a strong wind starts to blow, act as though angry that the bronze weapons have gone missing.

((Couldn't hurt to play up the wind spirit bit of I get a chance.))

[1] The tribe seems to be doing wonderfully aside from a rather awful sickness that some of them seem to have caught a few days ago. It manifests as a cough of sorts, they tell you. Kutuk seems to be trying to help them, but the average remedies don't appear to work. Hm.

[2] Unfortunately for you, no strong winds blow in the coming weeks, and so the bronze weapons remain unlocated.

Set up traps for the animals.

[5] You manage to trap a great number of animals, and people seem to really feel confident in you as the foremost hunter as a result.

very well we shall simply force him out if he stops acting in our best intrests
go get rid of any alcohol conrak has acquired

[2] You attempt to do so, but his tripwires foil you once more, and he shakes his head at you, then relocates his supplies elsewhere.

Help track down weapons.

[3] You manage to discover a set of bronze arrows that one of your consorts was hoarding, and through some persuasion manage to make him give them to you.

Look for clues about the whereabouts of the Fisher Tribe. They were able to reach us, they couldn't be that far

[5] You locate the remnants of the Fisher Tribe, over thirty women and three men, and a whole lot of children and infants as well, camping out far to the south from their encampment. Now you seem to have the advantage of surprise, but they do seem to outnumber you, and perhaps some form of tactic is needed.

CONTINUE MAINTAINING THE TRAPS I HAVE SET AROUND MY LITTLE PATCH OF FOREST
BUT DON'T KILL ANY MORE MEMBERS OF THE DELTA TRIBE I HAVE BEEN WATCHING, UNLESS I HAVE RUN OUT OF FOOD AGAIN ALREADY. NON-HUMAN CREATURES, MEMBERS OF OTHER TRIBES, THAT SORT OF THING, THOSE ARE ALL FAIR GAME

CONTINUE PONDERING MY NEXT MOVE, WATCHING THE TRIBE FROM AFAR
MAYBE IF I CAN BRING THEM SOMETHING OF VALUE, LIKE A LARGE SUPPLY OF FOOD, I COULD GAIN ACCEPTANCE...

[2] Your traps do not seem to catch anything, due in no small part to the efforts of the tribe's new foremost hunter, who seems to have trapped the woods far more extensively and capably.

[1] Sadly for you, you don't think you have anything with you that they may value - they have food, water, metal weapons, knowledge of boats and more. You are fairly certain there is almost nothing you can offer them, really. Maybe if you acted in a time of crisis. But not now. It's an opportunity you have missed here.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 77