Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116927 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #780 on: August 08, 2014, 12:27:35 pm »

you know with the sheer amount of in character discussion in this rtd it probably deserves its on tv tropes page it certainty has enough variety to fill a page of tropes
Well what are you waiting for?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 08, 2014, 01:11:32 pm »

I am Rune, a Foreigner from a land called Eldaria, with knowledge only of peace and farming
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 08, 2014, 01:24:32 pm »

I am Rune, a Foreigner from a land called Eldaria, with knowledge only of peace and farming
Just for giggles, put him amidst the Fisher/Union conflict.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 08, 2014, 01:25:15 pm »

Request to personally see the tribe chief
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 08, 2014, 04:02:26 pm »

Take a strip of animal hide and make it into some sort of holder to keep the swords at my waist. Then, go walk the perimeter of our camp to look for threats and to show off my new regalia and sword holder, with swords.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nunzillor

« Reply #785 on: August 08, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »

Chantutu dances into the wilderness, desperate to find something to assuage Lanku's disappointment.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:49:58 pm by Nunzillor »

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 08, 2014, 08:39:25 pm »

((I think it would behoove us if we had another summary. I'm new to most of this, and reading it's a tad bit much for me. Forgive me of my incompetence. I blame Jef.))

"Could it be? The temple of Komra, god of love and tranquility?"

I approach the cairn and examine it thoroughly. Maybe I'll find some runes...
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 09, 2014, 11:52:44 am »

non flammable alcohol that’s odd but ok

study the tripwires layout so that i may sneak in tomorrow and dispose of the alcohol quietly

[2] You study the tripwires that day, and then come back tomorrow, totally forgetting the simply fact that Conrak changes the layout every day. Old fellow's gotten devious as well as reclusive.

After a day of indecisiveness, Haphan choses to court Pallia - being a daughter of Arlia, she is much more valuable mate in the perspective. As for slight morbidness... It must be expected from one raised amongst spirits.

[3] You get off to a... decent start, you suppose. You do not really seem to have much in common with Pallia, or all that much to speak of after you exhaust the average subjects. Though you are slightly disturbed how quickly her mother catches wind of the relationship, and even more perturbed by the way her immediate reaction is to marry the two of you. You... suppose you appreciate the vote of confidence? Pallia doesn't seem to mind at all, anyway.

Take one of the villagers who treated me as an apprentice, for I am a weak old man and one day, these diseases will kill me.

[4] You find that one of the villagers, a fellow named Yun, seems more intelligent than the others, so you take him and start teaching him all you have learned. He does not mind, as it is free knowledge. You get the feeling he'd be a fairly good replacement for you if he stuck with the apprenticeship. And he's fairly young, too.

Go off to one of the neighboring friendly tribes and arrange trade,offering food for medicinal herbs and supplies.

[3] After searching for some time, you discover no real friendly tribes in the vicinity, and so head further north to investigate. It takes you a solid month of travel to reach a strange village populated by people and goats in equal measure.

After a day of indecisiveness, Haphan choses to court Pallia - being a daughter of Arlia, she is much more valuable mate in the perspective. As for slight morbidness... It must be expected from one raised amongst spirits.
Preside over this marriage and give the blessings of the spirits.

[5] By your authority as shaman, you immediately marry Pallia and Haphan, an act that seems to help them bond over the coming weeks. You, of course, knew this would happen. It is why you invented the idea of marriage, after all.

Prepare for battle, while seeing if we could make peace with the invaders without giving them our women

[1] You're fairly sure that's a very definite "no" on the whole termination of hostilities thing. They do want to see you personally, though, presumably to chop off your head and then disperse your tribe.

DAMN.

RETURN TO MY HIDING PLACE.

SET UP A NON-LETHAL HUMAN TRAP A SHORT DISTANCE AWAY, IN AN AREA WHERE A HUNTER WOULD BE LIKELY TO TRAVEL. IF I CAN TRAP SOMEONE, DISARM THEM AND CAUTIOUSLY QUESTION THEM ABOUT THE SURROUNDING AREAS- ANYWHERE THAT WOULD BE A MORE LIKELY SPOT FOR ME TO LIVE- BEFORE FREEING THEM.

[3] You set up an elementary pit trap, and hide it... decently, you suppose. And then you hide out and wait.

[3] However, nobody seems to fall in during the next few days - you are fairly sure the hunters that do pass by are very much aware of the trap.

Who needs them? I've got an apprentice and a small uninhabited island. Let's do this!

[5] With Lanku's help, you burn down the uninhabited river island, and the two of you do the fire dance as you observe the conflagration to rile up the spirits further. Soon, the whole place is nearly leveled by the blaze, only a few of the taller trees still standing, though their lower parts have been soundly burned. Lanku appears to greatly enjoy fire, and be oddly skilled at setting it in a manner not at all lethal to her or you. You suppose it's a spot of wonderful luck that she decided to help you!

Continue past them, due to our hostile experiences with other tribes. Be on the lookout for islands.

[6] You notice a distant island far off the coast - intrigued, you instruct your crew to take you to it - it grows larger and larger as you draw closer, and you realize that a rather large mountain appears to be at its center, surrounded by bountiful woods. Quite an interesting place, all in all.

Offer to trade them the white goat for a set of valuables and good equipment/weaponry.

The goat is useful, but not something I want to have to drag into the Great Northern Desert.

[3] They laugh at you, saying that to trade a white goat away is something only fools and witches do, and in the latter case they'd be in danger as well. They do say they like your hair, however, and would be willing to give you a sharpened knife of black rock to take it off with if you agreed to give the hair to them.

[6] You arrive in the Grand Delta with your boat, complete with a set of Eldarian farmers who believed your promises of uncontested land far to the south along the great length of the coast, and instantly you are met with sounds of curiosity and indecisive hostility as the tribesmen ponder if you have any valuables and whether they need to wait for the chief's permission to take them off you. Not that you or anybody with you knows that this is what they are pondering, as you do not speak a word of this tribe's language.

Request to personally see the tribe chief

[3] They seem to be considering the request.

Take a strip of animal hide and make it into some sort of holder to keep the swords at my waist. Then, go walk the perimeter of our camp to look for threats and to show off my new regalia and sword holder, with swords.

[4] Crafting a belt from leather to complement your hide poncho and to hold your swords, you walk out to see the state of the tribe, and notice that a boat, the sort that Kurgle made, but larger and with strange sails, appears to have stopped at the mouth of the river and disgorged a set of foreigners. How interesting.

Chantutu dances into the wilderness, desperate to find something to assuage Lanku's disappointment.

[5] You locate the small, malformed skull of a dead animal in your dance through the wilderness. It looks to be that of a deer, but... wrong. Asymmetrical, the bone has grown strangely and you do believe it has only one eye. The cavities of the skull are all wrong. And, as you discover in your examination, it makes for an excellent musical instrument as well, creating peculiar sounds as you blow through the single eye cavity. Nature itself has provided you with an artifact, it seems!

((I think it would behoove us if we had another summary. I'm new to most of this, and reading it's a tad bit much for me. Forgive me of my incompetence. I blame Jef.))

"Could it be? The temple of Komra, god of love and tranquility?"

I approach the cairn and examine it thoroughly. Maybe I'll find some runes...

[2] You wade into the river, and are disappointed to find that no writing appears to have been made on the cairn. And you do believe that it is definitely not a temple. Perhaps a marker for a landmark or a burial. But not a temple. The old man idly climbs it while you search in vain, looking like he is enjoying himself.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 09, 2014, 11:54:47 am »

Bow, as is the culture of our people, and speak politely in our language, asking if they can understand us. If the answer is obviously no, then quickly take a spare tool from our supplies that we do not need, and hand it to the tribe, as a gift.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 09, 2014, 11:56:20 am »

Go on the island carefully. ((Metagaming ho! That 6 makes me cautious.)) Bring any weapons if we have them, especially my old bow if we have it. Beach the ship.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 09, 2014, 12:25:10 pm »

Trade them my hair for the knife. I was planning to shave it anyways. Ask if I could have some cloth as well so I could make a new turban, as my old one was lost during my capture.

Afterwards, press northern onward with me and the goat.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nunzillor

« Reply #791 on: August 09, 2014, 12:38:23 pm »

Chantu performs a dance of gratitude to give thanks to the spirit of nature.  He blows through the skull as he does so, noticing that it is preferable to dance with the oddly pleasing noise than without.  He continues to blow through the skull as he dances to Lanku and gifts her the artifact.

Should he encounter any foreigners on the way, he encourages the tribe to engage in murder-diplomacy.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:18:06 pm by Nunzillor »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 09, 2014, 01:23:48 pm »

Turn the earth.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 09, 2014, 01:35:22 pm »

Prepare for any raids from the enemy's war party

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 09, 2014, 01:41:32 pm »

Meet with the strangers, seeing if they speak any of the various trade languages known to us. If not, use gestures.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 77