Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117227 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #1005 on: August 22, 2014, 09:04:19 pm »

Follow them to the village, bring a few trading goods.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 22, 2014, 09:07:03 pm »

Clearly, human blood is not the answer to this dilemma of sorts. Mix some poisonous herbs into the next batch of human blood in order to get it into their heads that drinking human blood without having the proper metabolism for it may be a bad idea. This may be manipulative to a degree but it will get the job done. Attempt to design a small pitfall trap that is not big enough for human feet to fall in, but large enough for the thin legs of deer and dogs. That will teach them to call us "Bigfoot". Also, take some time to observe the communication patterns of the rabbits. It may or may not be useful to know when they're plotting to escape during the domestication process. Hopefully I won't have to steal the babies away from the parents in order to civilize them.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 22, 2014, 10:22:30 pm »

Yun grabs the nearest sharp object, and plunges it into the whale.
(I feel we're both one bad roll from dying at sea, so we should think carefully about the next action.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 23, 2014, 11:44:31 am »

Attempt to strike a concersation with my captors to shed light on my possible fate.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 23, 2014, 11:51:33 am »

Make weaponry capable of killing these monsters, and after killing them, use them for food, clothes, supports for tents, etc..
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 23, 2014, 03:31:41 pm »

May I join this? If so,

I, Talonis, am the last survivor of a lost tribe. I join the first tribe I stumble across and learn their language.

Edit:
Spoiler: This freaked me out: (click to show/hide)

Also, has anyone picked lime green or orange?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:29:09 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Nunzillor

« Reply #1011 on: August 23, 2014, 04:26:51 pm »

((Hmm, would you say you are a very ambitious and charismatic man?))

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 23, 2014, 04:32:52 pm »

((Um, depends on the situation- I've been told that I have been when I find the reason, but I know enough people that I normally call up someone up and become a mediator...))
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 23, 2014, 05:06:13 pm »

May I join this? If so,

I, Talonis, am the last survivor of a lost tribe. I join the first tribe I stumble across and learn their language.

Edit:

Hey man, I jumped in a while ago as a guy looking for my own fun. I think It'll be fine, since history usually has people just kinda appear and do things.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 23, 2014, 05:16:36 pm »

May I join this? If so,

Edit:

It was only a section of my real name.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 23, 2014, 05:43:37 pm »

((Um, depends on the situation- I've been told that I have been when I find the reason, but I know enough people that I normally call up someone up and become a mediator...))
((Ambition and charisma are probably not things you want to have if you run into out tribe. Just look at what happened to Cristoph.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 23, 2014, 10:13:10 pm »

May I join this? If so,

Edit:

Limegreen is currently occupied by me.
Orange was Hatika's color, before he died.

You may want to look into not very up to date list of known things (mentioned in the first post). Also... Don't try to be a part of the first tribe as a foreigner if you want to live. Really. Only one of two dosens of din-nehru wasn't killed, enslaved or outright humilated by players and other tribesmen.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 24, 2014, 12:46:54 am »

Take whatever equipment, seeds, and food we still have, gather the group of the uninjured, living travelers, and leave the camp. Resist any attempts to stop us. If the enemy start attacking, Flee at top speed.

>ATTEMPT TO FOLLOW THE OTHERS. TRY AND STICK TO THE MIDDLE OF THE GROUP, FOR SAFETY FROM PURSUERS.

>IF I AM TOO INJURED TO WALK ON MY OWN, INSPIRE PITY FROM THEM SO THAT THEY CARRY ME AS THEY GO.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 24, 2014, 06:25:49 am »

Yun grabs the nearest sharp object, and plunges it into the whale.

[4] You take one of the harpoons, and wait for the whale to come out of the water, which it does to ram the boat again, at which point you hit it right in the near-infinite supplies of blubber.

[4] The whale seems to have not expected this, as it moves away from the boat, unused to being stabbed with sharp objects - this gives the rest of the people more time to escape the sinking boat in the remaining smaller boat, which you could call a lifeboat of sorts. As the ship begins to sink properly, you get on the boat along with Elto and the rest - you total fourteen people on the boat, which is about four more than it can comfortably host, and together you try to escape the whale.

[6] Fortunately, you seem to have lost it completely a few hours later, though you also are unsure which way to go from here, since you've lost track of time - it takes a few hours to ascertain where west is, at which point you go that way, returning to the tribe starving, incredibly thirsty, with two more dying along the way by either falling overboard or expiring of thirst. The horror stories the other tribesmen tell of the experience are enough to make people both slightly distrust Elto and vow to never go deep into the sea again.

"I will find my sister."

Begin to search for my sister and her kidnapper. Bring a Bronze Handaxe with me.

[2] You don't really find them in any of the usual places. You wonder where they could have gone.

Take whatever equipment, seeds, and food we still have, gather the group of the uninjured, living travelers, and leave the camp. Resist any attempts to stop us. If the enemy start attacking, Flee at top speed.

[6] You take what little you have and run. The brutal overseers try to stop you and surround you from all sides, but you trample two of the six, hopefully to death, as you push on regardless. You run for a full day until you are absolutely sure that nobody is following you, and nearly collapse of exhaustion in the plains at the end of the day, making a rudimentary camp and resting. It is at this point that the rest of your fellows start to speak how incredibly terrible an idea it was to come here. But they're doing so in a hopeful manner, as if the worst was behind.

You hope they're not wrong.

Gather more holy warriors.

[3] Two of the din-nehru herders who did not die sign up again, claiming to have sincerely seen the light. The other tribesmen feel an intense distaste toward the concept of holy warriors as a result of the experience they've had thus far, and opt not to join. The other two din-nehru herders just get back to hunting and drinking as their occupation of choice.

find names for the rabbits

[4] You give each of them a name corresponding to someone who has gone away - there's a Plok, a Hatika, a Matikira, an Irk and even a Meshok. You can even tell them apart sometimes, or perhaps that's just what it seems like.

Order scouts to search the lands to the north and south.

[5] To the north they find herders of goats in fertile plains, and to the south they find a camp of rather violent warriors - they report that they've seen Haphan in the camp, kept in a cage, but had not the numbers to retrieve him.

Operation: Daft is a go! Steal the tools and mats and go into the nearest wooded area to build it out of sight.

[3] Daft as you are, you manage to only steal wood, which nobody was keeping from you very deliberately in the first place, and which you realize you could just find in the woods anyway. Sharp objects remain elusive.

Chan will try once again to raise the din-nehru's spirits by proposing the enslavement of the unhelpful "herders" as a team-building activity.  The captured herders will become slaves to the slaves (double slaves) allowing the single slaves to obtain a sense of superiority and realize that things could be worse.

[3] Some of the din-nehru like the idea, but they begin to move out regardless, feeling that they've had enough of enslavement, no matter the perpetrator. They flee, trampling two of the din-nehru herders and leaving only a few rather badly injured of their number behind, and the din-nehru herders seem to lose interest after this.

Ask about all the local most tasty and filling flora in the area, since any tribe would fully know most of the good stuff in the area they live in.

[1] You don't actually know any herbalists around the area, and you notice that the Gulls subsist almost purely on fish of varying types, and the Spears mostly just hunt - both of them trade with one another for meat the other doesn't have -, and their knowledge of the surrounding area's flora is less than adequate.

If I have somehow lost my manhood during my capture/trek home: Go apply to be an eunuch.

If manhood is still intact: No Eunuchism! Become a traveling minstrel entertainer. Use my journey to the savage Southern land as inspiration for interesting, entertaining stories.

[2] You could become a traveling minstrel entertainer, but the sad truth is that you cannot really sing or play music, aren't known for your sparkling wit for a reason, and don't have much ability at storytelling. That, and you don't really draw much inspiration from a failed attempt to attack a primitive village, followed by gruesome torture that still gives you flashbacks, followed by a desperate murder of your torturer, followed by need and starvation that killed your only friends in life, followed by being generally unwanted and despised in your own home city. You're mostly just good at buying and selling things at more or less reasonable prices, and you don't really have capital to restart a trading operation at this point.

"Uuuurgh..."
Alright. A donkey will do. Invent a lasso and be the deadliest gunslinger warrior in the west.

[6] You locate a donkey, and from its remains after it resists taming you craft a leather lasso. You eat well that night.

Follow them to the village, bring a few trading goods.

[5] You head to their village, where you are received rather well, given food and entertainment, and quite celebrated, all things considered. The tribe here, who you discover seem to be called the Purple Tribe, after the peculiar dyes they seem to prefer painting their things with, seem very friendly to you, and offer you the invitation to join up with them in this rather nice spot by the coast rather than stay deep in the woods, since you seem like fairly good sorts, if a little shy of other people. Their shaman, you notice, seems especially affable. Not like that insane old bag in your village.

Clearly, human blood is not the answer to this dilemma of sorts. Mix some poisonous herbs into the next batch of human blood in order to get it into their heads that drinking human blood without having the proper metabolism for it may be a bad idea. This may be manipulative to a degree but it will get the job done. Attempt to design a small pitfall trap that is not big enough for human feet to fall in, but large enough for the thin legs of deer and dogs. That will teach them to call us "Bigfoot". Also, take some time to observe the communication patterns of the rabbits. It may or may not be useful to know when they're plotting to escape during the domestication process. Hopefully I won't have to steal the babies away from the parents in order to civilize them.

[2] They don't seem to be affected at all by the poisonous herbs you choose for some reason, and drink human blood without any restraint. Maybe you shouldn't give them human blood in the first place, you consider.

[3] You do design a small pit trap, and the design proves reasonably successful, catching a single wolf in the next week or so.

[6] Akkata, meanwhile, informs you all about the communication patterns of the rabbits, including all the observations she has made over the time she's been observing them. You notice she's given them all names.

Attempt to strike a concersation with my captors to shed light on my possible fate.

[3] You still don't speak their language, but your captors find your gestures and babbling a bit amusing, it seems. Some stick around to watch what you're trying to ask, even, then laugh and leave.

Make weaponry capable of killing these monsters, and after killing them, use them for food, clothes, supports for tents, etc..

[2] You don't have anything to make weaponry from - at least, not better weaponry than what you already have. And it's not really a problem of them being hard to kill - they are, of course, but the greater issue is that they are a very nasty combination of beefiness, jaw power, astounding quickness and fierce territoriality.

May I join this? If so,

[4] You locate a tribe of goat herders in some plains - they offer you a white goat, and you accept, and ask if you may live with them and learn their ways - they agree, saying that new people are usually a good thing, and you don't really seem all that harmful to keep around, especially after you relate the loss of your own tribe.

>ATTEMPT TO FOLLOW THE OTHERS. TRY AND STICK TO THE MIDDLE OF THE GROUP, FOR SAFETY FROM PURSUERS.

>IF I AM TOO INJURED TO WALK ON MY OWN, INSPIRE PITY FROM THEM SO THAT THEY CARRY ME AS THEY GO.

[1] You are rejected by the group leaving for your savage ways and your state of injury, and so you remain where you are to heal - fortunately, they do kill two of the brutal overseers as they run off, and the others disperse, leaving you and the other injured to yourselves.

Since we've accomplished quite a lot so far, and also moved beyond 1000 posts with the works of the First Tribe and others, how about I declare this the end of Generation One? After this post, you just provide a general summary of what you want to achieve in the rest of your life, if anything, and that'll be resolved. And then, when the game proper restarts, we skip a few generations forward. Everyone (except maybe Talonis, Haphan, Bronn and a few others) has settled into a routine already, more or less, and I think we can conclude this generation for now.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:34:02 pm by Harry Baldman »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 24, 2014, 06:36:46 am »

aww i would rather we not do the generation ending thing but ok

I spend the rest of my life with my pet rabbits caring for them and generally loving them
also nice touch naming them after the fallen
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 77