Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116943 times)

Nunzillor

Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #990 on: August 21, 2014, 08:28:14 pm »

Chan, his tus missing while he mourns the loss of his slave-friends, goes back to his roots and does amusing dances for the din-nehru in an attempt to raise their spirits.  It should also heal their wounds, as laughter is the best medicine.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:37:58 pm by Nunzillor »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 21, 2014, 08:31:10 pm »

begin making camp here. explore the area to learn what is here
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 22, 2014, 07:23:34 am »

WELL. THE PROUD LERKA DOES NOT LIKE THIS.
NOT ONE BIT.

>TAKE STOCK OF MY FELLOW PRISONERS, HOW MANY OF THEM SEEM WELL ENOUGH TO FIGHT ETCETERA
KEEP THE BLADE HIDDEN ON MY PERSON- SCORE ONE FOR CLOTHING!

>THE NEXT TIME ONE OF THEM DROPS DEAD FROM TORMENT AND/OR EXHAUSTION, WAIT UNTIL NIGHTFALL AND CUT THEM UP, EAT MY FILL OF MEAT BEFORE LEAVING THE REST FOR THE OTHERS, AND THEN FASHION THEIR BONES INTO CLUBS AND SPEARS. I'M AN OLD HAND AT THIS SORT OF THING, AFTER ALL. AFTER THAT, DO THE SAME TO ANY OTHER DEAD CAPTIVES LEFT LYING AROUND.
WE WILL THEN USE THESE WEAPONS TO FIGHT OUR WAY TO FREEDOM.

IF/WHEN THEIR KINFOLK OBJECT, ATTEMPT TO NONVERBALLY EXPLAIN THAT THIS IS FOR THEIR OWN GOOD, AND IF THEY DON'T PLAY ALONG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE ANYWAY. GROWL AT THEM IF THEY APPROACH.

IF THEY CONTINUE TO OBJECT AND ATTEMPT TO TOUCH/ATTACK ME, PULL OUT MY KNIFE/DAGGER, SURPRISE THEM AND JAM IT THROUGH THE BOTTOM OF THEIR SKULL. USE THIS SAME COURSE OF ACTION IF ANY OF OUR CAPTORS ATTACK ME, TOO- SURPRISE THEM ONCE THEY'RE WITHIN KNIFE-REACH, THEN TAKE THEIR WEAPONS.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:54:00 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 22, 2014, 07:19:19 pm »

fascinated by the discovery that animals reproduce sexually observe them to discover any more interesting things

[5] Well, for one, they seem to be very similar to humans in a great many respects. Both in anatomy and in behavior - well, inasmuch as you can observe. You've seen human beings in cages, and they've behaved much the same way. And when the rabbits are brought in contact with one another, you notice certain subtleties in their behavior as they relate to one another as well. It seems like they communicate with one another as well, though much more primitively than human beings or din-nehru.

Find a horse. Ride it to glory!

[2] There are no more horses in the vicinity, sadly. That one must have been a lone straggler.

"You are right Chantututu. These warriors do not belong doing their current task. They are not guards, after all."

Order my warriors to find new din-nehru to enslave.

[1] They immediately renounce their status as holy warriors at your order, and now say that they are din-nehru herders after washing the holy warpaint off. It is what they are best at, after all.

Make sure the donkey has food and water, then check on the status of the tribe and din-nehru.

[4] The din-nehru are declining in numbers steadily, but this is unimportant. The tribe is flourishing, though, as far as you can tell, which you qualify as a result of successful leadership.

Set up camp, with farming to whatever extent we can, hunting, etc.

[6] It takes but a week of prosperous living before a band of foreigners arrive, clearly intrigued in your crew to some degree. Their language is unfamiliar to you, and their faces look slightly comical to you and your fellow crew. But you suppose they come with harmless intentions, at least on the surface.

[4] It's actually surprisingly easy to establish a baseline of communication with them - they seem to be very keen on inviting you to visit their village, which they promise has much food and many distractions.

Yun quickly searches for hunters wounded by the whale ramming the ship, trying to heal them.

[3] There are none really wounded, though two or three did fall overboard. And you are not sure if bandaging people's bruises is the best thing you could be doing right now. Especially after the boat starts sinking after the whale rams it again.

Get my ex mugger to help me find my sister!

[2] Your combat trainer is nowhere to be found, similarly having found other people to train.

Begin heist planing. Gather child allies.

[3] Nobody really wants to help you on the pretext that you're rather famously daft. Well, aside from your other closest childhood friend Piktun, who is also rather famously daft.

Kill the beast. With smaller boats, we might better surround it. If we fail again, switch to fishing before more harm is done.

[1] The beast does not relent, and smashes a smaller boat in half, leaving all its occupants to drown, seemingly taking pleasure in the way the other boatmen seem to be too timid to go and rescue their fellows in the face of the great beast expecting them to do so. The men in the other boat choose to relent and retreat, and you attempt to sail away, brokenhearted over the lives lost this day.

[1] But the whale wishes the death of you and your boat, and smashes into it once more - the boat begins to take on water, and starts to sink. You are not close to the coast, of this you are certain. And you are unsure if the whale will let any of you at all escape.

Enscribe my tale in stone tablet to ensure it survives. Then look for a new job, the merchant angle didn't work out so well.

[4] Fortunately, nobody tries to prevent you from writing up a logographic depiction of your journey in a stone tablet, and you even bring it over to the Temple so that people may learn from your mistakes in the dark south.

[6] It is a good time to stop being a merchant, you believe. You have lost much, and perhaps would even lose your life if you do not relent. Perhaps a more peaceful, intellectually stimulating life of a eunuch in the Executives' employ would be more rewarding for you. An elder of theirs seems to have passed on recently, and they seem to be looking for enterprising young men to join the ranks of the local administration.

set up a farm

[5] Over the coming weeks, you manage to persuade many Gulls to help you with your newest project, and in no more than a month after that you have a plot of land all ready for proper agriculture, though you do not really have any plants to put there yet. You are a tad unfamiliar with the local flora.

Pretend to give in completely and start giving her equipment, wait for a good moment to strike with my knives. If no opportunity occurs - continue negotiations as I surrender.

[2] You find no opening against a woman standing higher than you with a spear ready to strike down at your trapped self. You suppose you could stab her in the foot, but that could just make the situation worse, so you decide to just surrender peacefully instead. She pulls you out of the pit and guides you to her camp, a series of small wooden huts built partly underground in the middle of the woods, filled with suspicious, relatively small people.

[2] There, you are put in a cage, your further fate very much uncertain, though it seems no one really wants to straight-up kill you just yet.

Continue domesticating the rabbits and start improving the snare trap and mixing up the trap layout.

[1] The rabbits, unfortunately, seem a little too ferocious right now to be fully domesticated - you believe raising their young on human blood instead of milk may not have been the best of ideas, despite it having solved the problem of the moment a little while ago.

[3] You also run into a little difficulty when trying to invent a better snare trap - that is, it's a snare trap. It is already quite optimal in construction. Though you do mix up the trap layout a little, which does seem to improve the amount of animals you catch a bit.

Chan, his tus missing while he mourns the loss of his slave-friends, goes back to his roots and does amusing dances for the din-nehru in an attempt to raise their spirits.  It should also heal their wounds, as laughter is the best medicine.

[1] This is less than successful, as the holy warriors, who seem to have dropped trappings of holiness and instead taken up the names of din-nehru herders, torment them further, causing yet more deaths. You sense a feeling of great betrayal emanating from the din-nehru. Less than half of them remain now, and they seem to be getting very desperate.

begin making camp here. explore the area to learn what is here

[6] There is water, there are trees, there is grass, there is black muck of the river where all things grow well, and then there are large animals - lumpy, strange creatures walking on four legs and possessing massive jaws, resembling an ox, but much rounder and more territorial, and seemingly far more dangerous to approach, as you find out when one of your tribesmembers seems to be found after getting nearly bitten in half by one.

WELL. THE PROUD LERKA DOES NOT LIKE THIS.
NOT ONE BIT.

>TAKE STOCK OF MY FELLOW PRISONERS, HOW MANY OF THEM SEEM WELL ENOUGH TO FIGHT ETCETERA
KEEP THE BLADE HIDDEN ON MY PERSON- SCORE ONE FOR CLOTHING!

>THE NEXT TIME ONE OF THEM DROPS DEAD FROM TORMENT AND/OR EXHAUSTION, WAIT UNTIL NIGHTFALL AND CUT THEM UP, EAT MY FILL OF MEAT BEFORE LEAVING THE REST FOR THE OTHERS, AND THEN FASHION THEIR BONES INTO CLUBS AND SPEARS. I'M AN OLD HAND AT THIS SORT OF THING, AFTER ALL. AFTER THAT, DO THE SAME TO ANY OTHER DEAD CAPTIVES LEFT LYING AROUND.
WE WILL THEN USE THESE WEAPONS TO FIGHT OUR WAY TO FREEDOM.

IF/WHEN THEIR KINFOLK OBJECT, ATTEMPT TO NONVERBALLY EXPLAIN THAT THIS IS FOR THEIR OWN GOOD, AND IF THEY DON'T PLAY ALONG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE ANYWAY. GROWL AT THEM IF THEY APPROACH.

IF THEY CONTINUE TO OBJECT AND ATTEMPT TO TOUCH/ATTACK ME, PULL OUT MY KNIFE/DAGGER, SURPRISE THEM AND JAM IT THROUGH THE BOTTOM OF THEIR SKULL. USE THIS SAME COURSE OF ACTION IF ANY OF OUR CAPTORS ATTACK ME, TOO- SURPRISE THEM ONCE THEY'RE WITHIN KNIFE-REACH, THEN TAKE THEIR WEAPONS.

[4] Your fellow prisoners are entirely incompetent in matters of fighting, as you notice when you tentatively attempt to physically challenge some. Normally a very submissive lot. Right now, however, they are desperate. And this may make fighters of them yet.

[1] You attempt to fashion tools and obtain meat from one of the tormented dead, but it seems the no longer painted overseers were awaiting something of this sort. They laugh at you, well, they all do except one, who provides a few seashells to another of his group. They then proceed to attempt to beat you senseless.

[1] You pull out your knife, but there are over six of them in total - they easily force you to the ground, take it away, then start kicking you while you are down as they recognize that this appears to be a stolen thing, and from one of them in particular, which, to put it mildly, is more than slightly enraging for them.

[4] Although you are humiliated and deprived of your blade, you do survive despite the overseers' best attempts, and crawl your way back to the others, where you rest to regain your strength to withstand yet more horrors at the hands of these savages.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 22, 2014, 07:30:17 pm »

Yun grabs the nearest sharp object, and plunges it into the whale.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 22, 2014, 07:39:07 pm »

"I will find my sister."

Begin to search for my sister and her kidnapper. Bring a Bronze Handaxe with me.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 22, 2014, 07:40:38 pm »

Take whatever equipment, seeds, and food we still have, gather the group of the uninjured, living travelers, and leave the camp. Resist any attempts to stop us. If the enemy start attacking, Flee at top speed.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 22, 2014, 07:55:53 pm »

Gather more holy warriors.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 22, 2014, 08:03:47 pm »

find names for the rabbits
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 22, 2014, 08:14:00 pm »

Order scouts to search the lands to the north and south.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 22, 2014, 08:17:42 pm »

Operation: Daft is a go! Steal the tools and mats and go into the nearest wooded area to build it out of sight.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1001 on: August 22, 2014, 08:29:14 pm »

Chan will try once again to raise the din-nehru's spirits by proposing the enslavement of the unhelpful "herders" as a team-building activity.  The captured herders will become slaves to the slaves (double slaves) allowing the single slaves to obtain a sense of superiority and realize that things could be worse.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 22, 2014, 08:46:49 pm »

Ask about all the local most tasty and filling flora in the area, since any tribe would fully know most of the good stuff in the area they live in.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 22, 2014, 08:48:53 pm »

If I have somehow lost my manhood during my capture/trek home: Go apply to be an eunuch.

If manhood is still intact: No Eunuchism! Become a traveling minstrel entertainer. Use my journey to the savage Southern land as inspiration for interesting, entertaining stories.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 22, 2014, 08:58:01 pm »

"Uuuurgh..."
Alright. A donkey will do. Invent a lasso and be the deadliest gunslinger warrior in the west.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 77