Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117304 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #1035 on: August 24, 2014, 10:46:51 am »

-but alcohol! Alcohol is love, alcohol is life!
Perhaps... Vague memory of your existence might be shaped into a new Greater Spirit by the next shaman. Spirit of Fermentative Happiness or something. Who knows?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 24, 2014, 11:06:57 am »

Chan[tu(1d6-1)] is an inspiration to village idiots across time and space.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 24, 2014, 11:14:23 am »

Apollo continues his efforts to civilize/domesticate the rabbits and replace their urge for human blood and manages to compile all of the research on rabbit behaviors onto stone tablets.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 24, 2014, 11:16:42 am »

(I'd like to point out that Yun may have a huge lasting effect on the tribe, depending on how his actions about the din-nehru are taken.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 24, 2014, 11:32:16 am »

-snip-
What about alcohol!? It was Meshok's invention, and was very popular afterwards!
and im sure i must have invented some effective torture techniques the survivers must have told somebody about them
You know? Alcohol is detrimental to the progress (proved by Conrak). Also... Sadly, only a few tribesmen remember your face after all those beverages.

They were too horrifying to exist in the first place. Also, Chantutu proved that information could be extracted by much less violent methods. He survived - and that confirms that his strategy is viable.
bah i was just acting out because i was sexually repressed
In all seriousness I would like to know if the tribe ever manages to work out contraceptives
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 24, 2014, 11:34:30 am »

Join with the villagers. Over time, try to make more boats and become a raiding culture, called the Kurgs. Try to get the whole island under our influence.   
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:57:08 pm by Alev »

Nunzillor

« Reply #1041 on: August 24, 2014, 11:38:44 am »

((Chantututu was a ridiculously effective idiot, even if he did have some problems near the end.  He will be missed, but hopefully his love of dance-communication will live on!))

Chantututu manages to nurse some of the din-nehru back to health and lead them to prospect the necessary minerals for bronze.  He is known to be a very gentle but fairly effective taskmaster, and the future din-nehru dance parties are much less savage and much more fun.  The First Tribe flourishes with the tools they craft from this material. 

As the years go on, he becomes slightly more mature, but never stops playing dangerous pranks with Lanku that almost cause disaster.  He also never stops dancing, forgoing the use of words entirely.  Eventually he has several children, all but a few quite lumpy, with Lanku, who remains Great Thinker of the tribe and expert farmer.  The children are all noted for their exceptional interpretive dancing skill and eccentric cleverness.  He lives to an old age and does amusing dances to the day he dies.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:36:50 pm by Nunzillor »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 24, 2014, 12:00:16 pm »

((What happened with Chantutu?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 24, 2014, 12:24:58 pm »

Stay with them, and bring our stuff to their village. Try to learn their language.
((What happened with Chantutu?))

Upgrading font at the end of the turn post to 16 pts! Generation's ending, good fellow. Actions need to be made on a grand scale!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 24, 2014, 12:25:15 pm »

TRY HARDER!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 24, 2014, 12:45:23 pm »

Hmm...how to end it...

I suppose the first thing to do would be to rescue Haphan and destroy that warrior tribe. Tuktu will continue leading the tribe for the rest of his life and doing the occasional badass feat, like maybe taming an elephant or something. He will take consorts and have children, training them to be even greater warriors than himself. Perhaps he would even get the tribe to follow him out of respect instead of fear. As Arlia became deranged, he would slowly shift the tribe's view to be less xenophobic, so that they wouldn't freak out when he revealed the secret of their heredity. Using his tribe's prowess in bronzeworking to give them an edge in battle, he would go on to assimilate others tribes around his, either through conquest or negotiation, and build an empire, or at least a coalition of tribes paying tribute to his tribe. Tuktu will pass away in his sleep at an old age, on the day of a great storm. Tribal legends will say that the wind spirit returned to its place, and he shall be worshipped as the Greater Spirit of Conquest and Combat. His oldest son will be elected the next chief. Eventually, the position of chief will become hereditary, although right to lead can always be challenged in trial by combat or by opinion of a majority of the tribe.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:37:38 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1046 on: August 24, 2014, 12:47:30 pm »

((Have to say, Tuktu is my favorite character for being such a badass.  I wish him luck!))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 24, 2014, 01:10:48 pm »

((Have to say, Tuktu is my favorite character for being such a badass.  I wish him luck!))
((I wholeheartedly second this. Killing a whole tribe and several groups of proficient hunters while alone, outstubborning a donkey, scaring violent tribesmen into unconditional submission... Lanku & Chantututu duo comes close.))

Also, Beirus, how about letting Tuktu die on the day of the greatest storm? Malevolent wind spirit leaving its mortal shell to be feared forevermore?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 24, 2014, 01:15:41 pm »

((Sure, but he gets worshipped afterwards.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 24, 2014, 01:37:31 pm »

Arlia becomes progressively more bitter and withdrawn, blaming all of the tribes woes on the din-nehru. Eventually she is treated as a deranged old woman, rather than the wise elder she once was, and people ignore her ramblings.
(Damnit, missed posting an action last turn.)

Elto spends his remaining years trying to steer the tribe from their hateful ways. If he cannot, he at least tries to displace their blame from foreigners to the demons of the ocean. Above all, he makes sure the lessons learned over nearly 80 years are not forgotten by the younger. He will live, as always, for the tribe, and die for the tribe if need be.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 77