Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 244637 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #990 on: August 28, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »

WIch is a damn shame, since i wanted to use my copper-ing

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 28, 2014, 02:54:23 pm »

Also, Toaster, would you remove my (and your) Panic from the morning, or would you like to keep everyone on a leash? :p
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 28, 2014, 05:26:51 pm »

Toaster can you give me the house tonight ^_^
...Weren't you the housemaker?

Also I can fully act tonight since I don't have Panicked :v
Just checking.

And on that note, I'm seriously checking [either one of MBP, Scripten, Varee or Nerjin [because I'd like to solidify something on him]. My actions for the first 2 nights have 'failed', for posterity.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 28, 2014, 06:17:47 pm »

What am trying to say is that if my target action fail,which it will, the house will go to a random player so i was askng toaster if he can bounce it back to me.

So toaster, who will you be directing the power too?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 28, 2014, 09:06:26 pm »

So toaster, who will you be directing the power too?

Since we're extending so much, that raises an excellent question.

Everyone:  Assuming that Varee is telling the truth about his house power, where should it be aimed?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 28, 2014, 09:13:33 pm »

If you're not going to simply take it for yourself, aim it at somebody who can confirm it. Tiruin's probably the most likely town among us.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13: Vote Count
« Reply #996 on: August 28, 2014, 09:58:20 pm »

TheWetSheep has replaced Imp.

Let me know if anything's wrong.

Vote Count
------------------------
Cheeetar - IronyOwl, Scripten,
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Nerjin -
Scripten -
Silthuri -
Tiruin - Mysteriousbluepuppet,
TheWetSheep -
Toaster - Cheeetar, Tiruin, Nerjin,
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris -
Varee - Toaster, Silthuri,

Not Voting - TheWetSheep, Urist Imiknorris, TolyK, Varee, Jack A T,

Day (Officially) Extended. I'll allow 1 additional Extension this Day, but only because of Replacements.

7 to Hammer. Day ends Monday 9 PMish CST (Approximately 100+ hours from this post.)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 28, 2014, 10:08:09 pm »

Toaster: I agree on giving it to Tiruin, and repeat my previous question.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 28, 2014, 10:10:02 pm »

Can someone sum up all the important stuff please? 67 pages is a lot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 28, 2014, 10:44:10 pm »

You know what... Varee is still just coasting by. I'm returning my vote to Varee. Start hunting.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 29, 2014, 12:48:43 am »

I have returned after... I think a full week or pretty close. Ouch.

So first off, I disapprove of antagonizing our new shenanigans pet by murdering him. Even if he can't pull off the full townie time stop, I don't see any particular reason to soften him up right now.

Secondly, I approve of naively and optimistically trying it, wide-eyed and hopeful that we've just broken the game over three players' knees.

To more personal business, I'm going to very reluctantly unvote Cheeetar. I'm too frazzled in this game to get a good read on him anyway, but I was starting to suspect he was flailing notscum back when I was relatively active and reading over his thing seems to loosely be more of the same.

MBP:
And, i'll have to vote Tiruin. That ability is better serving the scum. They don't need fancy things, when they can just nightkill easily while town/sk has trouble doing anything.
What does scum "not needing fancy things" have to do with inconveniencing a lot of other people?

Tiruin, i'm voting you because i can't understand how that panic could be a town ability. Complete Lockdown is WAY too strong for a townie, especially when another of the townies had the ability to combo with it.  The only way to balance this would be scum that could ignore it, which would make the ability basically useless and an hindrance to town.

But, as a scum tool, it's strong  but counterable. Indeed, the random chance could be used to defeat it, and the combo could not be used, and after a few turn the game'd be back to normal.

It's a completely meta analysis, but i can't see your actions as Town, and so you get my vote.
Did you miss this? Surely murdering every other player in the game is weaker than a 50% roleblock debuff with a 50% chance to fade each night? I'd even peg 13 players as harder to hit than N4, at that. There was, unless I'm missing something, a pretty decent chance of her never getting to use it at all.

I don't understand your issues with the combo, either. Why would this make perfect sense as a scum ability but not as a town ability, with the chance thing in the hands of a townie but stealable on death by a survivor?

Heh, that's true. But i do fear that then it would advantage them. They got a survivor they can keep around, and Panic with him render rolecopping moot. If they get 2-3 favorable lynch they got it golden. And the further we go, the easier it will be fore them, knowing what sides they are on and all.
And what the hell is this all about? You're worried that if Toaster turns on us AND scum gets 2-3 free lynches we're going to lose? Why even bother with that kind of scenario?

I've seen, 4 times now, that giving both the PANIC and Probability alterance to town is ridiculous. If Wubbah did this, then whenever panic is launched, the probability guy can simply decide to completely lockdown the night game forever, until lynched or killed by someone that is somehow immune to panic. This is grossly overpowered. Giving both the keys to a complete night lockdown combo to town is ridiculous. Like, not happening. Rather, i believe that Panic is a scum ability. Powerful, sow confusion, but does not make the game completely unplayable. Town has a counter, game is not automatically broken.
This is better, but it relies on a town massclaim, everyone trusting each other, and there being no other counters to it. A better question might be whether Panic would really be so useless. You can only use it IF- not when- the player count is exactly 13, it's a day ability so it can't catch anyone unawares, and it targets everyone so everyone is likely to realize at some point that it's been used. Then it's just a matter of its town counter deciding to block everyone he doesn't trust and let everyone he does trust off the hook? How is that a specific-situation scum one-shot?

And for that matter, care to explain how a scum had a miller ability?

Simply because if the survivor decide to side with scum, late in the game he'll have a plethora of auto. He already got a revive from it, he could very well get a auto lockdown or some other power that would make lynching him harder for town, like a double vote or somesuch. So, the later in the game it gets, the harder he will likely be to lynch.
This is a fair point, though. If we are going to murder Toaster- and I still approve of not- we're better off doing it sooner rather than later.

Toaster:
Clarification is in; we are go for lockdown.  I sent in the request to lock down everyone, pending further plans being made.
*town-survivor brofist*

Cheeetar:
Idea: Seeing as Toaster already has a revive, we should lynch him today so if he lets us down tonight (aka townies die) we won't have to spend another two days lynching him for town to have a chance in the night phase.

Good? Bad?
Bad for four reasons.

One, going all Evil Overlord on our new minion is probably unwise. Executing your best asset for failing you once tends to not work out very well.

Two, a wasted lynch is a wasted lynch. I don't see why pushing it forward saves us anything.

Three, if it does work it'll have wasted a lynch pre-emptively. That's even less productive.

Four, we'd be softening him up for a scumkill. I'd much rather our new pet remain well-armored until such time as we declare him a treacherous cur, which he's likely smart enough to avoid.

If the scum have some way to bypass the lock, we need to get rid of you anyway (your lock down is useless to everyone except scum and you have no reason to side with us.) As a survivor, your death is not a big loss to town. If that's the only catch- unvote Varee, vote Toaster.
I'd disagree on this, too. He's got a very good reason to side with us- we'll lynch him if he's anything below neutral, and possibly if he's anything below helpful.

Furthermore, I doubt scum have a teamwide ability that lets them bypass the lock. Even if they have a counter to it, I suspect it's not going to be a complete and total counter that renders the whole idea worthless.

TWS:
Can someone sum up all the important stuff please? 67 pages is a lot.
Aw hell.

The main hubbub at the beginning of the game was flabort panicking and putting Shakerag and Cheeetar at L-1 to hammer. Cheeetar instantly murdered Shakerag, who turned out to be an SK-ally.

Night came, no nightkills, we had merry discussions about the exact ramifications of Cheeetar's little incident. flabort was eventually murdered himself and flipped town.

Then... I lurked for a while, and when I came back Toaster was an ability-scavenging survivor who now has NQT's old ability that lets him mess with chance-based things at will. Tiruin used an AOE ability that applied Panic to everyone, meaning now in theory Toaster can just perma-lock the night.

TolyK claims rolecop, so the current plan is some shade of having Toaster obliterate the night phase for anyone but TolyK, who inspects people one by one. Obvious flaws in this plan include that wubsy has probably not overlooked the possibility of this combo and therefore someone unpleasant somewhere is probably able to counter it in some fashion.

Other than that, Varee's useless and has supposedly been granting people extra abilities each night but we don't know where they've gone. MBP and Tiruin got into a spat about Tiruin's Panic ability, and... that's all I can remember.

I was probably not the very best candidate to bring you up to speed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 29, 2014, 12:53:20 am »

That's pretty accurate, Irony. There are several details you missed that I will make a note of in an upcoming post (hopefully).
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 29, 2014, 01:13:33 am »

The unfortunate part of us lynching him if he ever turns out to be unhelpful? We'll need to do it twice, and even then we won't have killed a scum. If he chooses to do so, he can give the scum two nights of complete immunity to town, in which they may do as they wish. This would be really bad, and we need to lower the chances of it happening. To those saying 'what if scum then nightkill him?'- in that case, he couldn't lock down scum anyway and all we've lost is a third party aka somebody who has no motive to help town win.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 29, 2014, 02:41:34 am »

Irony

Illtry that wall of textg thing, not my fault if it fucks up

Quote from: Mysteriousbluepuppet on August 26, 2014, 04:16:32 pm
And, i'll have to vote Tiruin. That ability is better serving the scum. They don't need fancy things, when they can just nightkill easily while town/sk has trouble doing anything.
What does scum "not needing fancy things" have to do with inconveniencing a lot of other people?

I don't remember the context forthe fancy stuff. I don't really intend to go reread what i wrote when i was mad as hell, not good for my soul . My reasoning for the vote will follow in the other posts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Because as a scum they should be immune by default. If so, they can continue NKilling while inconveniencing town. The combo also falls since they can simply kill NQH/Toaster and get rid of it. Then again, they can let it go,since it impact town and not themselves.

If it's a town ability, then scum is affected by it, and NQH/Toaster can lockdown. Scum only chance lay in lynching NQT/Toaster, which is unlikely, since he can just come out if his head is on the chopping block.

Quote from: Mysteriousbluepuppet on August 27, 2014, 12:24:11 am
Heh, that's true. But i do fear that then it would advantage them. They got a survivor they can keep around, and Panic with him render rolecopping moot. If they get 2-3 favorable lynch they got it golden. And the further we go, the easier it will be fore them, knowing what sides they are on and all.
And what the hell is this all about? You're worried that if Toaster turns on us AND scum gets 2-3 free lynches we're going to lose? Why even bother with that kind of scenario?

Because Toaster is a 3rd party, not town. Shit like that happen.

Quote from: Mysteriousbluepuppet on August 27, 2014, 04:16:14 pm
I've seen, 4 times now, that giving both the PANIC and Probability alterance to town is ridiculous. If Wubbah did this, then whenever panic is launched, the probability guy can simply decide to completely lockdown the night game forever, until lynched or killed by someone that is somehow immune to panic. This is grossly overpowered. Giving both the keys to a complete night lockdown combo to town is ridiculous. Like, not happening. Rather, i believe that Panic is a scum ability. Powerful, sow confusion, but does not make the game completely unplayable. Town has a counter, game is not automatically broken.
This is better, but it relies on a town massclaim, everyone trusting each other, and there being no other counters to it. A better question might be whether Panic would really be so useless. You can only use it IF- not when- the player count is exactly 13, it's a day ability so it can't catch anyone unawares, and it targets everyone so everyone is likely to realize at some point that it's been used. Then it's just a matter of its town counter deciding to block everyone he doesn't trust and let everyone he does trust off the hook? How is that a specific-situation scum one-shot?

And for that matter, care to explain how a scum had a miller ability?

I don,t really understand what you are talkign about here. I didn't speak about a miller in this game.

Quote from: Mysteriousbluepuppet on August 27, 2014, 04:16:14 pm
Simply because if the survivor decide to side with scum, late in the game he'll have a plethora of auto. He already got a revive from it, he could very well get a auto lockdown or some other power that would make lynching him harder for town, like a double vote or somesuch. So, the later in the game it gets, the harder he will likely be to lynch.
This is a fair point, though. If we are going to murder Toaster- and I still approve of not- we're better off doing it sooner rather than later.

Yup. Again as i said, Policy lynch for survivors exist for a reason. They are not town. And the latter we go, the mroe detrimental they get.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 29, 2014, 03:10:38 am »

PFP

What does a house do?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 123