Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18  (Read 34252 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2014, 12:33:03 pm »

Hmm, I need to find a good build site, and then do some recruiting.

Get a flashlight, buy it if need be, and then explore the sewers.

(By Eastside sewers, do you mean I'm living in a seedy location? Or that I'm homeless?)
((You're homeless and squatting in the sewers))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2014, 03:19:08 pm »

Still accepting players?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2014, 03:19:58 pm »

I'll waitlist you. Though this seems to be moving unexpectedly slowly, so you might get in sooner.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2014, 03:26:55 pm »

I'll waitlist you. Though this seems to be moving unexpectedly slowly, so you might get in sooner.

Didn't you say the minimum for a turn was 8?  9 players have posted their actions.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2014, 03:28:03 pm »

Hmm, I need to find a good build site, and then do some recruiting.

Get a flashlight, buy it if need be, and then explore the sewers.

(By Eastside sewers, do you mean I'm living in a seedy location? Or that I'm homeless?)
((You're homeless and squatting in the sewers))
Okay, then.

Get a flashlight, buy it if need be, and then explore the sewers for a good unoccupied place to start my fortress.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2014, 04:08:29 pm »

Fair enough.
I'l edit my sheet into here once I get a good concept.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ugh, I'l finish my sheet later.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:47:34 am by darkpaladin109 »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2014, 04:28:26 pm »

Didn't you say the minimum for a turn was 8?  9 players have posted their actions.
Hmm, looks like you're right. Well then, I'll get turn 1 up then. The previous was turn 0, just for setup.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2014, 10:08:24 pm »

Eddie scowled as he stomped his way to the closet, his expression immediately softening as he laid his eyes on the packed golf-bag within. He pulls a sleek, shiny club out from the bag.
This thing'd got him through too many games to count. He gives a somewhat manic grin, recalling the time he far outscored Ken from accounting.
But, as lovely as the club is, it wouldn't do too well against the cops, much less Gotham's little set of vigilantes. It needed... improvements.
He slipped the club into his bagged before heading outside, the more questionable bits of his uniform(really, pretty much just the ski mask) jammed in one of the golf-bag's pockets. He immediately set out for the nearest garage he knew of. Chances are, they'd have the tools he'd need.

With any luck, they'll be more than willing to help out, and if not... Well, he'll help them see things his way.
(2) You head out only to find the garage is closed and locked up, which is rather unusual.

Maddox awoke in his bed, if you could call blankets on a wireframe bed frame a bed.  At least they had a few thick ones to lessen the wires cutting into his back.  He looked over his tattered clothing, which he had since he joined the cult.  I'm going to have to get some new regular clothing in a few days, he thought to himself as he put the cult robes on over his clothing.  Don't want to get them too far gone before I go buy more.  He then donned the pendant that magic energy would be stored in for use by the cultists.  His didn't have any energy within it since he wasn't a 'cleric' class.  He was only a 'fighter' class, which his reinforced mask and hood and 'plated' robes were a testament to.  Really, it was less plating and more scrap metal with edges smoothed by various captives.  So far he had been placed on guard duty, so he hadn't had to participate in any of the raids, but who knows when they would send him on a mission.  After the morning rituals were completed, Maddox reports to his Cleric class commander for the task he is assigned today.
(6) Cleric Thomas, the one who seems to handle you and the 5 other odd-job workers, informs you that they feel you're ready for some "higher level" work. The cult requires some "special materials for preparation," and they need you to go "pick it up." They send you in street clothes to pick up some equipment at a garage owned by one of their sympathizers and await further instructions. You go in and lock up as instructed, but when you find a handgun and mask waiting for you, you begin to suspect that this job may not be strictly legal. Which, admittedly, you were fairly sure some of the rest of their activities were, what with those people who seemed like they really didn't want to be at the warehouse, but this seems like it could go very bad...

EXAMINE HOUSE INVENTORY

LOOK OUT WINDOW

(6) After selling most of your stuff over the past few months to pay for alimony, you have left only the large collection of electronic music equipment you've been unwilling to part with, and a refrigerator full of crappy takeout. All the practical amenities most poor people would cling to are gone, but at least you can practice your passion. Until someone cuts the power. Or you wind up evicted. (2) You cant even afford a new windowpane to replace the opaque cardboard that barely blocks the cold Gotham air.

... but that apartment was still not going to pay for itself. Simon often regretted his studies in Biology, as it had led to this horrible situation - experiment on animals to provide for himself. Society could be so.... cold and uncaring to those creatures most in need of support. But what choice did he have? He could hardly let himself starve on the streets, as who would notice such a protest? Better to put those thoughts to one side, and earn a living by any means.

Go to work, reluctantly.
(1) As you leave your apartment building, you see a man with a golf bag and an unsettling expression leaving just ahead of you. He's headed the same way you usually walk to work, so you decide to take a different, longer route, which consequently makes you late. Being late, you're given the task you loathe above all others: administering food and drugs to the Group B subject animals. Not only are these dogs the most outwardly sickly and tormented, but their poor condition makes them highly aggressive. At least you don't have to give them shots, just pills. This time.

Shit, six hundred dollars! She was practically a high roller already!

Check who's in my gang of juvenile delinquents. Did I get Stacy from my class to join? What about Tricia? How well equipped are we? Stacy had a knife, I recall, and Tricia's dad is a hunter, so she might have something.
(4) You've got both of them alright, and Tricia has access to a gun at her house, though you're not sure if it's a hunting rifle or a handgun.

Get out of my van, examine surroundings.
(2) You're stuck in traffic on one of the city's many bridges.

With a sigh, Theodore stood on the sidewalk just down from what was, until very recently, his home.
Looks like it was time to get back into the game. He remembered some of his previous escapades, and then imagined himself climbing his way up to the Big Leagues of crime, unburdened by a boring (if deeply satisfying!) civilian job. His frown crumbled, his fierce green eyes flashed with amusement at the thought, and then, finally, he could not stop his face from cracking in a broad smile.
Chuckling, shaking his head slowly, he turns to head slowly back up the street, hands in pockets.
"Back in the game, eh? They'll be whisperin' the name o' The Griller soon enough..." he murmurs to himself, in his finest internal monologue voice. His eyes wander absently about the street as he ponders his next move.

>Check my inventory, what I'm wearing and such.

>Do I still have the key to the apartment/house/whatever I was until recently living in? If so, go in there and steal a kitchen appliance or two to kick-start my dastardly career. Otherwise, think about the part of town I'm in, any likely residential homes I could burgle nearby.
(5) You do indeed still have the key, and though the eviction notice demands you leave it upon the front desk within 24 hours, you decide to wait until the small hours of the morning to do so, when no one is be around. This is so that no one notices you leave, with the entire contents of your kitchen packed into your oven, disconected from the power and gas lines and hauled out on a gurney. You'll unpack it once you find somewhere to crash.

Pierre looks out of his window, down unto the Americans walking along the streets. Soon, silly American, soon!

Take a shower, make sure my moustache is in tip-top shape

Then look on the internet for wine and/or cheese lover groups in Gotham

(2) Your moustache is already in magnifique condition! Filled with more confidence upon (6) examining yourself in the mirror, you join the first Gotham Organic Cuisine Francais forum you find, and your first post is a 12 paragraph manifesto. Unfortunately, it doesn't receive any responses by the next day, though you wait all night for a response.

Get a flashlight, buy it if need be, and then explore the sewers for a good unoccupied place to start my fortress.
(5) Living in a sewer pipe as you do, you've owned a flashlight for some time. It wasn't until recently that you'd gotten the snacks and string necessary for such an expedition. After a few kilometers you discover a large chamber that doesn't seem subject to flooding, and decide it's plenty of space to start with.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2014, 11:09:44 pm »

Maddox picks up the gun, but leaves the Ski Mask.  'Might as well look halfway ready to whoever is going to come by.  Can explain not wearing the mask as not wanting to tip anyone off.  Wonder what model this is?'

Maddox waits for whoever is coming by to give him instructions to show up.

(Did you put me and stupidguy in the same location, Hugo?)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:14:44 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2014, 11:13:48 pm »

(Can I get on the wait list?)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2014, 11:28:25 pm »

Maddox picks up the gun, but leaves the Ski Mask.  'Might as well look halfway ready to whoever is going to come by.  Can explain not wearing the mask as not wanting to tip anyone off.  Wonder what model this is?'

Maddox waits for whoever is coming by to give him instructions to show up.

(Did you put me and stupidguy in the same location, Hugo?)
(Yes. Also, it's a metal cult mask. Your character's reasoning probably still applies, though.)

Sure. Got a sheet?

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2014, 11:40:58 pm »

Eddie slipped on his mask, grumbling about damned lazy mechanics and 'union fatcats'.

He walked around the building, trying to find a side entrance. And if that side entrance happens to be locked, Ed's perfectly willing to break the thing down.

(Yes. Also, it's a metal cult mask. Your character's reasoning probably still applies, though.)
(This gun' be good. :v)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:35:03 am by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2014, 12:03:08 am »

Sure. Got a sheet?
Spoiler: holy sheet (click to show/hide)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 1
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2014, 12:14:44 am »

PTW

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 1
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2014, 12:17:24 am »

EXAMINE ELECTRONICS SKILL

HOPE IS AT LEAST MEDIOCRE

VENTURE CITYWARDS TO PARTAKE IN ACQUISITION OF ABANDONED ELECTRONIC WARES FOR CANNIBALIZING
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24