Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 358659 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #2550 on: January 26, 2017, 11:37:28 am »

what if this is the game and we're all already playing it

That would explain a lot, wouldn't it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2551 on: January 26, 2017, 11:48:07 am »

That would explain a lot, wouldn't it.
How do I win? Am I doing well?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 26, 2017, 03:16:24 pm »

You think this is a game?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 30, 2017, 02:07:00 am »

Unholy fucker of mothers, it's still going?

I mean if something comes out my body and brain are gonna do a lot of things they don't normally do, just from the shock of it, but come on.  We've been to this rodeo before.

The big dev post with lots of cool words and screenshots but nothing to actually show anything is happening.  We've done that like ten times at this point.  You can't seriously be taking it at face value.
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 30, 2017, 12:16:23 pm »

You can't seriously be taking it at face value.

It's ok to be wrong Cthulhu.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: January 30, 2017, 12:27:34 pm »

I seriously, seriously hope no one is taking this at face value. As many posters have said - I'm not trusting anything until I have stone cold code in my hands.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 30, 2017, 12:31:28 pm »

Since I can't seem to get a refund, it would be nice if it came out at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 30, 2017, 12:33:22 pm »

I seriously, seriously hope no one is taking this at face value. As many posters have said - I'm not trusting anything until I have stone cold code in my hands.

I'm not getting hyped. But honestly watching you guys either doomsay or pat yourselves on the back for doomsaying or doubling down on your doomsaying is way, way more entertaining than the game can possibly be at this point.

Maybe we owe that guy that was calling BS on this game a year ago an apology.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:35:23 pm by nenjin »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: January 30, 2017, 03:12:00 pm »

I'm not getting hyped. But honestly watching you guys either doomsay or pat yourselves on the back for doomsaying or doubling down on your doomsaying is way, way more entertaining than the game can possibly be at this point.

Maybe we owe that guy that was calling BS on this game a year ago an apology.

We don't. He was probably right about this game and it's devs, buuut.... on the other hand he seems a little too fond of right wing conspiracy theories, so...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 30, 2017, 03:14:05 pm »

Not to mention people called it dead WAY before (try 2 years ago)... so is this just low quality bait?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: January 30, 2017, 03:22:13 pm »

Not to mention people called it dead WAY before (try 2 years ago)... so is this just low quality bait?

*sigh* I think most peeps began to think it was dead or at least a slow-burn project years ago, but people keep trying to dig information up to reveal x/y/z--to see whether or not it was a scam in the most recent case--etc. and it brings everyone back, and then some people (like me) get mad because no actual new information is discovered, no real updates are ever issued, and it just adds to the muddied death-quagmire this game has slowly been sinking into since the beginning. It's just a testament to how good of an idea this game was that people can't accept that regardless of what the Dev's progress/vision/intent was: it ded.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: January 30, 2017, 04:23:04 pm »

If the Dev is still posting stuff about the status/progress of the game it's not dead-dead. It could be a lie with no actual progress, but that's not the same thing as an actually dead project.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: January 30, 2017, 04:30:14 pm »

Sometimes I think the rush to label it dead is more for the individual's sake than an absolute reflection of reality.

It's just a testament to how good of an idea this game was that people can't accept that regardless of what the Dev's progress/vision/intent was: it ded.

It's basically this, only, because they liked the idea so much and bought in wholesale, since it hasn't produced anything tangible yet, the only solution is to call it dead. It's the only way to reconcile liking the idea with the reality of it being a year+ behind and on shaky ground at best. Even a "True Fan" would have a hard time standing behind it at this point.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 30, 2017, 05:05:28 pm »

Lots of games end up releasing after more than a year's delay. Few of them end up being very good, but you can hardly call a bad game "dead".
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: January 30, 2017, 05:07:47 pm »

Sometimes I think the rush to label it dead is more for the individual's sake than an absolute reflection of reality.

Yep, lol.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 210