Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 170057 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #465 on: September 12, 2014, 09:28:08 am »

Well Black is your current vote, and yellow is your vote before your last unvote so from that i think there will be four vote on wolf i hope? I am not 100% on how it works.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 12, 2014, 09:59:21 am »

4mask:
sbc sbc sbc sbc sbc sbc, do you have anything more substantial to say?
Why vote the confirmed town?

Your auto is to prevent all investigations from happening?

TolyK:
Thus... Blitz? Completely baseless, but it will do for now.
Um, no. It won't. And neither will your following baseless vote on NQT. Or your(once again baseless) reversion back to Blitz a few posts later. Why don't you actually scumhunt or something?

Tiruin:
So there's an existing role out there which makes vote hilarity, huh.
You haven't noticed the yellow votes?

But I don't think it's as simple as just unvotes - it's not working like that for everybody.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 12, 2014, 10:00:51 am »

Well Black is your current vote, and yellow is your vote before your last unvote so from that i think there will be four vote on wolf i hope? I am not 100% on how it works.

I tried that and it didn't work.

(still reading thread)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 12, 2014, 10:05:15 am »

Tiruin:
So there's an existing role out there which makes vote hilarity, huh.
You haven't noticed the yellow votes?

But I don't think it's as simple as just unvotes - it's not working like that for everybody.
I did, given I use ...that format which is like shades 8)...which I forgot the name.
Still sick--so this may be leading to forgetfulness as I'm more focused on the pain at the moment.
OW. PAIN.
So the yellow votes just looked like 'oh, new votes' to me rather than any modification due to prior action. I couldn't concentrate, but thanks either way.

(still reading thread)
So...its a mystery?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 12, 2014, 10:10:01 am »

flabort: Did we get a mod extend because of the forums going down? If two of the same role was submitted by different people, what would you have done? Also it should be a tournament of rocks and cards, not a tournement of rocks and cards.

TDS, TDS:
Toaster:

TheDarkStar:  Similarly, there's lots of discussion of setup from you, and not much hunting of scum.  Are you using your supposed confirmed town status to avoid having to hunt scum?

I've been gone for about a day and a half because I kept getting 504s from trying to access the forums. I haven't scumhunted much because I haven't posted much. My question to you is why you're changing the focus from your scumminess/not scumminess to other people.
Why are you accusing Toaster of deflection? Toaster needs to scumhunt like everyone else (especially since its Toaster and you can rarely trust him), and you accusing him of deflecting is also deflection.

Yeah, this is bugging me. Varee is using his town-claiming role as a defense after I've pointed out that it's worthless.
Uh, no, Varee was responding to a specific question of mine and otherwise hasn't really talked about that. Also, why are you assuming you and Varee have the exact same role power? Unless you and Varee have the exact same role I doubt that would have happened.

Tiruin:
There's a brother floating around, and 4maskwolf is a brother-ally. Additionally, I rather doubt that I count among the five, as my wincon in no way matches up to the given flavor for them.
I think I'm missing something but when was that stated?
THIS IS NOT FUN
4maskwolf claimed this a while back.
To those asking questions about my wincon: I have no idea who I'm allied with.  I am a brother-ally, which is just... no.  I win if someone else wins, and their wincon requires someone else to win.  It's just... urk.

Hey tirurin , you know you can type unvote and type mask again 3 time to get six vote :3
Que? I can only vote 3 times. If anyone bothers to steal said auto that grants me said power, they will have no votes :^

Can you essplen dat?

YOUR HAIR IS UNTIDY.
Basically, there appears to be a power in play that counts your last two posts with votes. For instance, I voted 4maskwolf twice and TolyK once, then unvoted in a later post. While I had unvoted, I still have votes on TolyK and 4maskwolf. If you voted 4maskwolf and then switched to voting someone else, say Toaster, your votes for 4maskwolf would count as well as your votes on Toaster. So I don't think it is possible to vote 6 times, unless you are voting multiple people.

Having said that, it doesn't appear to work for everyone, and a simple fix is just voting and then unvoting. That's how we found out 4maskwolf had 6 votes.

SBC:
4mask, do you mind explaining your need to repeat my name 5 times? does that give me 5 votes? and why are you voting me when I'm obviously town?
Obviously town is a bit too strong. There are a lot of powers and abilities in this game, so they could have effected mastah's inspect. Anyway, what have you contributed to this game so far?

NQT
SBC
Superblackcat is town.
Is this true?
Did you miss the part where mastah claimed infallible, unstoppable day cop?

Persus
Seriously, are you going to justify your broad spread of votes or not?
Huh? Can you clarify?
Look at the vote count: you're voting for a whole bunch of people. Why? What's your case?
Are you paying attention at all to the thread? I've detailed multiple times why I have to vote multiple people.

So one of my role powers is that I can't vote just one person and have to use three votes every time I vote.
To all questions regarding my vote power. I have three votes. I can't vote for one person. I must use all three votes in the post where I vote.
Interesting...

I see Persus with five votes (3 normal), Jack AT with 2 (one normal), and 4maskwolf with 6 votes. Does unvoting move them?
From what I can tell, your second to last vote counts, as well as your current vote, since normally 4maskwolf wouldn't be voting anyone and his other votes haven't shown up.

Anyway, this seems easily beaten by having people vote then unvote in the same post.

Unvote, to test.

4maskwolf:
@NQT: SBC is town. I am 100% positive, as the inspect is always sane. It can't be flaunted. I also can't target with it, which I misread at first.
The reason I know TolyK is being honest is because I used a different power to see him.
Hohhot it can't be flaunted and is always sane. Okay. That makes more sense now.
So, if cheese explained it and Tiruin confirms it, then why are you still voting cheese?

Toaster:

(still reading thread)
Maybe it only works on players with vote autos?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 12, 2014, 10:33:03 am »

Oh, it's on.

@4Mask: You say you have an unstoppable nightkill?
Hit me with it, or I will kill you by every means in my disposal.

I FORMALLY REQUEST THAT NOBODY TARGET ME WITH A PROTECT, BUS, OR OTHER PROTECTIVE POWER

I can survive a hell of a lot more than you can, buddy.
And I will be avenged twicefold.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 12, 2014, 10:36:37 am »

Fixing my giant post.

NQT
SBC
Superblackcat is town.
Is this true?

Persus
Seriously, are you going to justify your broad spread of votes or not?
Huh? Can you clarify?
Look at the vote count: you're voting for a whole bunch of people. Why? What's your case?
Are you paying attention at all to the thread? I've detailed multiple times why I have to vote multiple people.

So one of my role powers is that I can't vote just one person and have to use three votes every time I vote.
To all questions regarding my vote power. I have three votes. I can't vote for one person. I must use all three votes in the post where I vote.
Interesting...

I see Persus with five votes (3 normal), Jack AT with 2 (one normal), and 4maskwolf with 6 votes. Does unvoting move them?
From what I can tell, your second to last vote counts, as well as your current vote, since normally 4maskwolf wouldn't be voting anyone and his other votes haven't shown up.

Anyway, this seems easily beaten by having people vote then unvote in the same post.

Unvote, to test.

4maskwolf:
@NQT: SBC is town. I am 100% positive, as the inspect is always sane. It can't be flaunted. I also can't target with it, which I misread at first.
The reason I know TolyK is being honest is because I used a different power to see him.
Hohhot it can't be flaunted and is always sane. Okay. That makes more sense now.
So, if cheese explained it and Tiruin confirms it, then why are you still voting cheese?

Toaster:

(still reading thread)
Maybe it only works on players with vote autos?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 12, 2014, 10:45:11 am »

Flabort Are we informed when the number of anti-town players goes down?

Tiruin
Guard mastahcheese
Does that allow you to see who targets Cheese?

Why is Wolf, a claimed-Brother, a better lynch target than Imiknorris, a claimed-Lyncher?

Persus
flabort: Did we get a mod extend because of the forums going down?
Jack extended. Only one person needs to extend for there to be an extension, but players have a limited number of extends, and there's a cap of 3 per day.

I saw him claim that, sure, but that doesn't mean he's telling the truth! We should always take at least the bare minimum of steps to confirm someone's claim. It could be that a scum Cheese-Tiruin team simply assumed SBC was town (this is unlikely but possible), and it doesn't cost me anything to rule out the possibility. I'm surprised you'd find this surprising.

I'm paying more attention than most (though, as I'm fallible, I may sometimes miss things), but what I wanted to know was why these three people specifically. If you're going to throw three votes around, you should have three times the surety that you're picking the best targets.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 12, 2014, 10:45:44 am »

4mask
unvote
4mask

I really want to vote Tiruin for ragging on non-darkling users, but I'm enjoying her posting restriction too much to have her gone. 

I think she should post that way all the time, IMO. 

Still voting for give new power because this game obviously doesn't have enough powers already.

EDIT:  Oh hey, no "no editing" rule in the OP!  Whee!

Now I'm wondering if, as a non-player, the rules in the OP would even apply to me. 

flabort:  can I PM anyone in-game for any reason?

EDIT2:  Also, there's no rule against creating sockpuppet accounts to rack up more non-player votes.  But I'm classier than that.  For now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 12, 2014, 10:48:27 am »

Flabort:  Does flavor have any impact on gameplay?  (too easy to miss your name in this hubbub)

TheDarkStar:
I've been gone for about a day and a half because I kept getting 504s from trying to access the forums. I haven't scumhunted much because I haven't posted much. My question to you is why you're changing the focus from your scumminess/not scumminess to other people.

What?  He wasn't talking about me being scummy at all; he was talking about Urist I, not me.  And of course I'm trying to see if other people are scummy or not.

Since this post, you've accused Varee of hiding behind his townie auto, which is the beginning of a start.  What else?

Varee:
Am just answering a the question..
I said that i question TDs claim as he believe my claim is fake so it is likely that his is fake so he question mine as well. Sorry if this doesnt make sense am sorry i just woke up ....

It doesn't attack him any more than it attacks you.

SBC:
4mask, do you mind explaining your need to repeat my name 5 times? does that give me 5 votes? and why are you voting me when I'm obviously town?

We're of course assuming that Mastahcheese (and by extension Tiruin) are telling the truth, while also assuming you aren't scum with a Godfather-type ability.  It's points in your favor, but you're not "obviously" town yet.

Jack:
Toaster: About how strongly would you need to suspect someone of being Mafia to move your vote away from Urist Imiknorris and on to your mafia suspect?

Reasonably certain.  Not "beyond reasonable doubt;" maybe more "preponderance of evidence" or even not quite that much.  The big catch is that I don't see TolyK getting nightkilled any time soon.

Tiruin:
Do you WANT to lynch a confirmed Townie, bud? >:I

See response two above.  Remember, "confirmed" is a very strong word.

4mask:
a possibly friendly third party

Rather than a "possible scum?"

Sheep:
4mask:
Why vote the confirmed town?

Seriously, people, stop saying "confirmed" like it's candy.

Shakerag:
Still voting for give new power because this game obviously doesn't have enough powers already.

I agree!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 12, 2014, 10:57:09 am »

Persus
flabort: Did we get a mod extend because of the forums going down?
Jack extended. Only one person needs to extend for there to be an extension, but players have a limited number of extends, and there's a cap of 3 per day.

I saw him claim that, sure, but that doesn't mean he's telling the truth! We should always take at least the bare minimum of steps to confirm someone's claim. It could be that a scum Cheese-Tiruin team simply assumed SBC was town (this is unlikely but possible), and it doesn't cost me anything to rule out the possibility. I'm surprised you'd find this surprising.

I'm paying more attention than most (though, as I'm fallible, I may sometimes miss things), but what I wanted to know was why these three people specifically. If you're going to throw three votes around, you should have three times the surety that you're picking the best targets.
Ok, I was seeing your questions more about events then questions about reasons.

With the exception of my votes in my last votes, all my votes were RVS votes. I voted 3 people and asked them questions at the start of the game, then when 4maskwolf claimed to not be town, I voted him, with my third vote going to TolyK over something minor that I had a question on, but turned out to be nothing.
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 12, 2014, 10:59:47 am »

TolyK:
Thus... Blitz? Completely baseless, but it will do for now.
Um, no. It won't. And neither will your following baseless vote on NQT. Or your(once again baseless) reversion back to Blitz a few posts later. Why don't you actually scumhunt or something?
Scum hunt based on what? Words? I would do that if it weren't so time-consuming...

... lazy TolyK...

... and if it weren't ineffective...

... yes, lazy lazy...

... and if I didn't have other info to base it on. I know who not to lynch, though.

My vote will not change anything, so why currently bother? 4mask can outvote me 6 times, and he's not the only one.

And finally: Analysis is not something that I can do sanely at the moment, as in text analysis.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 12, 2014, 11:00:45 am »

Also I can confirm Cheese's inspect.

yup!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 12, 2014, 11:01:06 am »

I am town, but mastah It seems to me a big coincidence as the first person to say you are welcome to speak up if I'm town, that you investigated me. Frankly, I'd be able to bluff that. Whoever speaks up first is MOST likely town, because them scum won't speak up.

Also, NQT, Unless I planned this all out with mastah, it's unlikely that I'm not town, as you can tell by the reasoning above.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:41 am »

Shakerag
EDIT:  Oh hey, no "no editing" rule in the OP!  Whee!
Editing rules are clarified in this post: they're allowed only in the first few minutes after posting.

Persus
Ok, I was seeing your questions more about events then questions about reasons.

With the exception of my votes in my last votes, all my votes were RVS votes. I voted 3 people and asked them questions at the start of the game, then when 4maskwolf claimed to not be town, I voted him, with my third vote going to TolyK over something minor that I had a question on, but turned out to be nothing.
I see. How do you envision your vote spread looking at the end of the day? Will you be voting for the three scummiest players?

TolyK
My vote will not change anything, so why currently bother? 4mask can outvote me 6 times, and he's not the only one.
I certainly hope your vote will have no effect, useless as you've been with it.

Please answer my question: what's your wincon?

SBC
Also, NQT, Unless I planned this all out with mastah, it's unlikely that I'm not town, as you can tell by the reasoning above.
Yeah, it's looking good for you. You being not-town would require collusion between you, Tiruin, Cheese and now TolyK. (Though could you link to where you said you were town?) The vast potential for shenanigans in this game is so huge, I wouldn't rule you out indefinitely, but you're definitely not a Day 1 lynch candidate.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 78