Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 170043 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #480 on: September 12, 2014, 11:51:38 am »

It's complicated...

... but generally...

I have an auto that prevents me from winning, as well as another one.

I'm not sure I want to claim my other one, but I'm pretty sure I'm not counted as malicious.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 12, 2014, 12:26:14 pm »

le sigh.

@SBC: Did you not pay attention when I said the inspect was random?
I tried to aim it at NQT, not realizing that I have no control over it.
I could have hit myself with the damn thing for all I know, and how much would that have helped?

As for me saying that I'd be ok with being inspected, why the hell would I not say that?
I'm not going to say "hey don't inspect me, I'm being honest" and really expect people to believe me.

The crazy part?
I actually have an excuse to not be inspected, but I didn't even mention it.

Anything that hits me. ANYTHING. Even an inspect, even a protect will result in killing me.
the catch for a penalty that absurb? If I die, whoever kills me dies twice. And then I ressurect like nothing's wrong.
But I didn't mention that earlier because obviously that sounds fishy as hell, but if you don't believe me, hit me with whatever day action you have, just keep in mind that the first time I die in a cycle will be blocked, so you have to hit me twice.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 12, 2014, 01:35:18 pm »

PFP
This applies to everyone, but anyway...
Does someone mind asking me questions? I really have no idea what to ask now, since when I come up with one it's already been used a page ago. So yeah.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 12, 2014, 01:59:38 pm »

Ask him a question?

Y not?

Blitz, would you try out Cheese's claim? Also, what would you do if you were trying to mess up everything and had to choose between a night randomize and night kill?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 12, 2014, 02:03:58 pm »

PFP
TolyK: Try out Cheese's claim? And I would choose the night kill, not sure what the randomise is.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 12, 2014, 02:23:49 pm »

Well. Would you target him and risk getting double killed?

He doesn't know what randomize is?

U tell him...

Randomize means that the target's actions target random people (when without a target, it's all).
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 12, 2014, 02:28:03 pm »

PFP
Complete newb, remember.
Also, I, ah, have my ways of not dying, presuming that the other person's nightkill isn't unblock able.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 12, 2014, 03:49:59 pm »

pfp
Persus: see OP on extends: ever1 has 2-shot 24 hour extend, Jack used his.
Weekend gets skipped.

Nqt: No :P

Shake: please as little nonplayer content as possible, votes and reasons will B enough.
As Nqt linked, editing is restricted.

Toaster: Explain what you mean. Perhaps?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 12, 2014, 05:58:09 pm »

NQT, It seems to me that I hallucinated posting that, and therefore withdraw all previous claims towards mastahcheese.

Mastahcheese, I seem to remember you asking if it's OK to out someone, and I thought I said yes.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:00:34 pm by Superblackcat »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 12, 2014, 07:39:45 pm »

So cheese, in effect, you too are joining in the "let's be a dick to third parties".

Let me let you in on a secret: I don't really die when I die. I continue playing the game as if nothing happened, but with all the benefits of being dead: you can't target me, can't vote me, etc. There is a way around this, which I won't be sharing, but for at least a few rounds it would change nothing. Meanwhile, I am perfectly capable and willing to help the town right now, and indeed am the only one I know of who's inspections will go through my own auto (due to another auto I have). I am also immune to roleblocks and many other effects.

The downsides of this are that, as long as I exist in the game, inspections don't go through and role flips are weird. However, I also make it so only one night kill happens every night, which, given the number of town night kills, will be of large benefit to the town since the odds of a town nk going through are higher than a scum nk.

As I mentioned earlier, I have an unstoppable night kill and am perfectly capable of using it to help the town. Due to how it works, cheese, even you wouldn't it be immune: you'd die N2 with no way out.

In other words, it is in your best interest to keep me alive. Due to my abilities, I have nothing personally against dying, but I'd rather we get rid of a threat to me and the brother I'm allied to and the town.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 12, 2014, 07:42:27 pm »

Unvote TolyK, vote 4maskwolf.

Unvote 4maskwolf, vote 4maskwolf.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 12, 2014, 07:46:27 pm »

Fine. Someone stole my votes anyway. My last game of mafia and I get screwed by the mod by being given insta-lynch-for-having abilities and an uncertain wincon...

Just lynch me. I'll tell you exactly what you need to do to get rid of my ghost, if you want.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 12, 2014, 08:37:24 pm »

Well TDs the way your power is worded is not the same as mine, I dont see why that is the reason for you to vote me just because my power is not like your's.

How do I know that? I know that powers that declare people town may or may not be valid. You're not town/scum for sure, but the auto effectively has no meaning.

flabort: Did we get a mod extend because of the forums going down? If two of the same role was submitted by different people, what would you have done? Also it should be a tournament of rocks and cards, not a tournement of rocks and cards.

TDS, TDS:
Toaster:

TheDarkStar:  Similarly, there's lots of discussion of setup from you, and not much hunting of scum.  Are you using your supposed confirmed town status to avoid having to hunt scum?

I've been gone for about a day and a half because I kept getting 504s from trying to access the forums. I haven't scumhunted much because I haven't posted much. My question to you is why you're changing the focus from your scumminess/not scumminess to other people.
Why are you accusing Toaster of deflection? Toaster needs to scumhunt like everyone else (especially since its Toaster and you can rarely trust him), and you accusing him of deflecting is also deflection.

Yeah, this is bugging me. Varee is using his town-claiming role as a defense after I've pointed out that it's worthless.
Uh, no, Varee was responding to a specific question of mine and otherwise hasn't really talked about that. Also, why are you assuming you and Varee have the exact same role power? Unless you and Varee have the exact same role I doubt that would have happened.

I don't assume he has the same power, but his town-claim auto is meaningless based on what I know (see above). However, given that there's not really much else to get along this line of reasoning, I'm going to Unvote, Unvote for now.

4mask, do you mind explaining your need to repeat my name 5 times? does that give me 5 votes? and why are you voting me when I'm obviously town?

TDS: Are you town? Or does that just say you are town while you could be not town?

I'm town. What did you expect me to say, and why did you ask this question?

Shakerag: Do you want to play in this game? I can't remember if you are just watching or if you got here too late to sign up.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Finalizing roles and such.
« Reply #493 on: September 12, 2014, 09:18:12 pm »

I'm enjoying watching you try to figure the finer points of this troll auto ability.

Votecount
Spoiler: Darkling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-Darkling (click to show/hide)

Day ends Monday, Sept 15, approximately 7:00 PM (roughly 84 hours from this post).
(* = used 1 extension)

TDS: I believe Shakerag said that his role submissions would probably get him banned from the forum, so he chose to not sign up.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 12, 2014, 09:53:20 pm »

Tiruin:
sbc sbc sbc sbc sbc sbc, do you have anything more substantial to say?
Do you WANT to lynch a confirmed Townie, bud? >:I

See response two above.  Remember, "confirmed" is a very strong word.
Aye. About that--I've been waiting on MC to show his results; given his hints towards my side, I've been heavily leaning on doubt regarding his person and my abilities. Knowing his result, and knowing the result I got today, it cleared away all doubts regarding him.

Oh, and yeah, that one thing? It's infallible and cannot be stopped no matter what. Ever.
Con? It's random :V

So yes. We've a Confirmed Townie who is SBC.
I'm currently voting 4mask for lying-lying.
BECAUSE HE HAS FOUR MASKS. ITS LIKE THE FOUR TEMPERAMENTS. ONE IS FROWNING.
Flabort Are we informed when the number of anti-town players goes down?

Tiruin
Guard mastahcheese
Does that allow you to see who targets Cheese?

Why is Wolf, a claimed-Brother, a better lynch target than Imiknorris, a claimed-Lyncher?
Um. No?
Next: See above. The invocation of the word 'lie' has a heavy meaning down here.

Did you miss the part where mastah claimed infallible, unstoppable day cop?
I saw him claim that, sure, but that doesn't mean he's telling the truth! We should always take at least the bare minimum of steps to confirm someone's claim. It could be that a scum Cheese-Tiruin team simply assumed SBC was town (this is unlikely but possible), and it doesn't cost me anything to rule out the possibility. I'm surprised you'd find this surprising.
Mmm...look. I'm nothing with Cheese. I don't know him. I'm maybe aligned with him (in that we're not scum :v), but knowing who he is through the variety of vague hints--he's also Town (in checking my abilities present).
Now you want to confirm the claim--think about this: I'm confirming it for you. Scumteam blah blah! Yeah!
But I don't stand up for another person just on vague hint assumption.

Think of it as I'm Solaire, and he's that one dude from Dark Souls. I've found my Sun through him. And I'm happy. Those two characters are in no way related to each other at all.

I'm enjoying watching you try to figure the finer points of this troll auto ability.

Votecount
Spoiler: Darkling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-Darkling (click to show/hide)

Day ends Monday, Sept 15, approximately 7:00 PM (roughly 84 hours from this post).
(* = used 1 extension)

TDS: I believe Shakerag said that his role submissions would probably get him banned from the forum, so he chose to not sign up.
O'cmon :I
Unvote all
4mask; 4mask; Flabort.

le sigh.

@SBC: Did you not pay attention when I said the inspect was random?
I tried to aim it at NQT, not realizing that I have no control over it.
I could have hit myself with the damn thing for all I know, and how much would that have helped?

As for me saying that I'd be ok with being inspected, why the hell would I not say that?
I'm not going to say "hey don't inspect me, I'm being honest" and really expect people to believe me.

The crazy part?
I actually have an excuse to not be inspected, but I didn't even mention it.

Anything that hits me. ANYTHING. Even an inspect, even a protect will result in killing me.

the catch for a penalty that absurb? If I die, whoever kills me dies twice. And then I ressurect like nothing's wrong.
But I didn't mention that earlier because obviously that sounds fishy as hell, but if you don't believe me, hit me with whatever day action you have, just keep in mind that the first time I die in a cycle will be blocked, so you have to hit me twice.
:O
OHAAAHOHO!!
BROTHER IN ARMS, I AM GLAD TO BE BY YOUR SIDE. YOU ARE FOUND!
What in the world even happened in role-giving!?
Crusade brothers! >:D
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 78